2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Still waiting for Trump to tell us his evidence for his conclusion. Talk about pesky facts.

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it:

https://strongamericanews.com/virginias-government-schools-to-teach-social-justice-to-kindergarteners/

Virginia kindergarten students will learn about institutional racism alongside the alphabet, according to a new curriculum created for the upcoming school year.

Loudoun County is adding “social justice” to the mission of teaching elementary school students reading, writing, and arithmetic. The Washington, D.C., suburb—the richest county in the country—has teamed up with the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) education arm Teaching Tolerance to develop its new curriculum. The proposed lesson plan will restructure history and social studies classes to emphasize slavery as fundamental to American society for students from kindergarten to the fifth grade.

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Stick this in your pipe and smoke it:

https://strongamericanews.com/virginias-government-schools-to-teach-social-justice-to-kindergarteners/

Virginia kindergarten students will learn about institutional racism alongside the alphabet, according to a new curriculum created for the upcoming school year.

Loudoun County is adding “social justice” to the mission of teaching elementary school students reading, writing, and arithmetic. The Washington, D.C., suburb—the richest county in the country—has teamed up with the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) education arm Teaching Tolerance to develop its new curriculum. The proposed lesson plan will restructure history and social studies classes to emphasize slavery as fundamental to American society for students from kindergarten to the fifth grade.

Summarize why teaching slavery as part of American history is anti-American.

Should kids not learn about it?

Are you personally offended by it? Why?

I don't smoke.

Just now, Kemp said:

Summarize why teaching slavery as part of American history is anti-American.

Should kids not learn about it?

Are you personally offended by it? Why?

I don't smoke.

Teaching 5-year-old school children about "social justice" and "institutionalized racism" seems about as appropriate as when schools have drag queens read to their elementary students. It's all about indoctrination. Trump had a legitimate claim. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Teaching 5-year-old school children about "social justice" and "institutionalized racism" seems about as appropriate as when schools have drag queens read to their elementary students. It's all about indoctrination. Trump had a legitimate claim. 

Don't remember being taught anything about American history when I was in kindergarten.

Neither do you.

Brilliant attempt to create a false narrative, though.

29 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Don't remember being taught anything about American history when I was in kindergarten.

Neither do you.

Brilliant attempt to create a false narrative, though.

How do you know what I remember and what I don't? Do you remember being potty trained? Some things are ingrained in our children without them knowing. 

35 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THIS IS ACTUALLY BIG: 

Kanye West Collects Enough Signatures To Make Illinois Presidential Ballot. 

Imagine if the Democrats have to actually work for the black vote in a big blue state.

What's funny is Kanye is essentially running on my platform: anti-abortion, anti-pedophile, pro-homestead, pro-nuclear family, anti-big pharma, etc.

Now they're coming for him. Why?  "He's crazy." What about what he said is crazy? "He said pills are bad."  What's the solution? "Put him on pills."

On 6/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, KD in CA said:

Great.  

Four more years of mass hysteria.....or elect a dementia-ridden puppet.  Awesome choice.

My thoughts as well. Once again I won't be voting for anyone that finishes in the top two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Anti-vax, too. Does that align with your ideals?

Not quite.  But to say any vaccine is automatically good is also not in alignment with my ideals.  We've doubled the number of vaccines recommended for children under 2 since 1990. 

13 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Not quite.  But to say any vaccine is automatically good is also not in alignment with my ideals.  We've doubled the number of vaccines recommended for children under 2 since 1990. 

I would say the fact that we doubled the number of vaccines recommended for children under 2 in the last 30 years is awesome. It shows how far the science has come. All of those vaccines are approved by the FDA. Are there any specifically you are weary of?

• Like (+1) 1

I would say the fact that we doubled the number of vaccines recommended for children under 2 in the last 30 years is awesome. It shows how far the science has come. All of those vaccines are approved by the FDA. Are there any specifically you are weary of?

No, but I have no skin in the game either.

Now what's interesting is that you fixate on anti-vax positions (something that eventually comes down to individual rights vs. states' rights/responsibilities anyway) in order to undercut things like anti-pedophilia. Does anti-pedophilia align with your values?

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

No, but I have no skin in the game either.

Now what's interesting is that you fixate on anti-vax positions (something that eventually comes down to individual rights vs. states' rights/responsibilities anyway) in order to undercut things like anti-pedophilia. Does anti-pedophilia align with your values?

I fixate on anti-vax because Kanye's pro anti-vax stance is why I think he is crazy.

Pedophiles can ***** right off to hell

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

+1.

My son born 1998 had chickenpox under the age of 1.  Already  had a bought of shingles prior to 15!  Scars on back to prove it! I was floored when doctor said it was shingles.

Daughter born 2002, had the varicella vax, mandatory I believe.

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I fixate on anti-vax because Kanye's pro anti-vax stance is why I think he is crazy.

He's  rich.  Can keep  his children  isolated. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

Personally I think a lot of mainstream political views are insane.  Anti-vax mostly just dumb.  Tossup whether I'd prefer a dumb president or a crazy one.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

+1.

My son born 1998 had chickenpox under the age of 1.  Already  had a bought of shingles prior to 15!  Scars on back to prove it! I was floored when doctor said it was shingles.

Daughter born 2002, had the varicella, mandatory I believe.

I was probably one of the first to get the varicella vaccine in the states, as I believe it was not approved until 1995.  I was still young then.  I think I just got the one dose around then at age 5.

40 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Now Gary, did you really mean to use the word weary here? Warren never would have done that.

44 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Personally I think a lot of mainstream political views are insane.  Anti-vax mostly just dumb.  Tossup whether I'd prefer a dumb president or a crazy one.

The tie breaker is who gets to replace Ginsberg and likely Breyer.   If the left holds both Houses after election, we can have a happy stalemate for the next four years under Trump and ensure the sanity of the judiciary.   The alternative is somewhat frightening.