2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

45 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So Joe is now just figuring out that via this newfangled thing called television you can reach more people?  Welcome to the 50's Joe. 

Don't be so hard on Creepy Joe. He did have upwards of 1,100 people watch his last 'round table' discussion/rally. That proves that people are interested in what he has to say. He is going to do far better than Trump with his paltry 10,000,000+ online audience.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

If I were Biden I wouldn't agree to debate Trump until he releases his tax returns.

Terrible idea.

I mean, if Biden were running against someone like Pence, etc., I could kind see that strategy, but Trump would destroy Sloppy Joe 24/7 because the dementia thing is being discussed on a global scale by everyone. "Is Sloppy Joe afraid to show his dementia to the world in a debate?"

Joe needs the debates to prove he's not a vegetable. Coming up with a childish ploy to avoid debates would seal it for the few people who still think Biden can complete a full sentence without soiling his Depends.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Terrible idea.

I mean, if Biden were running against someone like Pence, etc., I could kind see that strategy, but Trump would destroy Sloppy Joe 24/7 because the dementia thing is being discussed on a global scale by everyone. "Is Sloppy Joe afraid to show his dementia to the world in a debate?"

Joe needs the debates to prove he's not a vegetable. Coming up with a childish ploy to avoid debates would seal it for the few people who still think Biden can complete a full sentence without soiling his Depends.

You know who else put a lot of stock in those debates in 2016?

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Terrible idea.

Then Biden says, "I'd love to debate you as soon as you show your tax returns like I have." It's a very Trump like move.

Edited by Doc Brown

19 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Then Biden says, "I'd love to debate you as soon as you show your tax returns like I have." It's a very Trump like move.

Honestly, I couldn't think of a more cowardly thing (politically speaking) than a presidential candidate refusing to debate his/her policies leading up to the election. 

Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Honestly, I couldn't think of a more cowardly thing (politically speaking) than a presidential candidate refusing to debate his/her policies leading up to the election. 

Just my opinion.

It's all WWE theater at this point anyways as everybody knows who they're voting for already.  Trump skipped a debate because he thought a Fox moderator was unfair to him. 

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's all WWE theater at this point anyways as everybody knows who they're voting for already.  Trump skipped a debate because he thought a Fox moderator was unfair to him. 

Presidential candidates should still publicly debate their policies. However, I agree that debates will probably not change the minds of too many voters. Although, after watching the debates in 2016, I couldn't bring myself to vote for either candidate for the first time in a presidential race - and I cast my first vote in 1980.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Presidential candidates should still publicly debate their policies. However, I agree that debates will probably not change the minds of too many voters. Although, after watching the debates in 2016, I couldn't bring myself to vote for either candidate for the first time in a presidential race - and I cast my first vote in 1980.

They should but seeing Trump on the defensive with his tax returns would be funny to me considering I could care less who wins.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/hundreds-former-george-w-bush-staffers-launch-pro-biden-super-pac

Great. 

The people that gave us the Iraq war are firmly in Biden's camp...

...I wonder what exciting new wars they have planned...

...I bet it's a secret.

Maybe I will have to vote for Biden to find out what the next invasion will be.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

because... a GOP debate is so obviously on par with a presidential debate.

your reachin' Doc. just admit you were in the park of the absurd with your contention that Biden should refuse to debate until Trump releases his tax returns.

14 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That would be fine if Biden wasn't suffering from dementia, or at least facing the belief by millions of people, that he's suffering from dementia.

Eliminate the dementia angle, and I get your point. But all Trump has to say is "Is it really my tax returns, or are you afraid to display your dementia to people."

He follows this repeatedly with "Biden must fear showing his dementia" over and over and you'll quickly learn that no one of importance cares about Trumps taxes NEAR as much as they are concerned that the next Democratic president looks to have the cognitive skills of a baked potato.

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's all WWE theater at this point anyways as everybody knows who they're voting for already.

UNLESS Biden shows his dementia on the debate stage. The Dems would bleed out voters. They wouldn't vote for Trump, obviously, but they will stay home and refuse to vote for a guy who goes blank because his brain is tapioca.

Edited by IDBillzFan