Goodell Admits NFL Was Wrong Not to Listen

K-9

14 hours ago, Beast said:

I don’t think so. This is a social justice thread, if you will. Now that the NFL is on board with BLM, will they take a different view on the Redskins?

I hope so.  It's been a long time coming.  And IMO maybe they wouldn't suck so much if they did change.  Couldn't hurt.

2 hours ago, BmarvB said:

He's admitting Kaep was right all along

And all without the courage to even mention his name. 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Mr. Haskins, the QB for the REDSKINS, shown here at a BLM protest.

4DB17313-AB90-4771-B80C-37BD18754698.jpeg

So was this guy:

image.thumb.jpeg.acded928397d3e939928367624a7056e.jpeg

Say what we want, but Romney isn’t afraid to buck the “expected” trend. I find that admirable.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, hjnick said:

Guys/Gals, I could go on with this banter, but I really come to this board to talk about the Bills.

I'm going to bow out of this conversation now.

Carry on.

Drops a bunch of nonsense and lies into a thread for several straight pages, leaves as soon as people start calling out his ridiculousness. Seems about right.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, hjnick said:

In my reply to you, I was saying why the issue of 'murder of black people' has become political, which is what Kaep was kneeling for...

Antifa is using the current situation to incite violence.  I do not think they really care about the real issue, "murder of black people".  IMO, they are the ones that helped to incite rioting and destroying to businesses.

I checked the latest overnight numbers.  Including last night, the total of people killed by Antifa is now 0.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I live in Portland. I was just downtown today. Andy Ngo is full of *****, as always. He's a Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, far right lunatic. He'd call a bee "Antifa" if it stung him.

You know what I DID see in downtown Portland today?

Apple Store, Portland

As for Ngo's quote about the FBI? Surprise, surprise. Horeseshit.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-no-intelligence-antifa-weekend-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6?fbclid=IwAR38cQ6S9t4fKAz-Dma4_v-e8zKuohs-VXAwDYjgjx7RnBm127zQGWQekWA

"The FBI has "no intelligence" indicating that "antifa" was involved in violence over the weekend related to protests following the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man who died after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes, The Nation reported"

.....Coming in here quoting nonsense and slandering my city. At least get a better source.

OMG, is that Grazni, Aleppo, Sarajevo, or Portland?  What an absolutely horrific scene.  It’s truly a war zone.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Logic said:

I live in Portland. I was just downtown today. Andy Ngo is full of *****, as always. He's a Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer, far right lunatic. He'd call a bee "Antifa" if it stung him.

You know what I DID see in downtown Portland today?

Apple Store, Portland

As for Ngo's quote about the FBI? Surprise, surprise. Horeseshit.

https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-no-intelligence-antifa-weekend-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6?fbclid=IwAR38cQ6S9t4fKAz-Dma4_v-e8zKuohs-VXAwDYjgjx7RnBm127zQGWQekWA

"The FBI has "no intelligence" indicating that "antifa" was involved in violence over the weekend related to protests following the death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man who died after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes, The Nation reported"

.....Coming in here quoting nonsense and slandering my city. At least get a better source.

I don’t know who Andy Ngo is, but do you live near this part of Portland?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koin.com/news/crime/photos-damage-to-downtown-portland-after-overnight-riot/amp/

https://katu.com/news/local/photos-downtown-portland-damage-after-3-nights-of-protests#photo-9

Maybe he’s not making it up...

Edited by thebandit27

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Please explain how damaged storefronts prove Antifa involvement, which is what Hjnick, Andy Ngo, and Trump are pushing.

Please also refer back to the part of my post that links an article showing that the FBI found no evidence whatsoever of Antifa involvement.

Please ALSO feel free to educate yourself on the 8 straight nights of predominately peaceful protests that followed the first few nights.

Please ALSO feel free to go turn on the news. There are protests happening in 400 American cities and across the globe. Once again, Antifa involvement, is something investigations have found no evidence of.

Please also feel free to read about how far-right groups have been inciting violence and posing as Antifa and tell us about your outrage over that:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/twitter-removes-account-white-nationalist-group-posing-antifa/story%3fid=71024345

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/3-boogaloo-men-terror-charges-george-floyd-protest-riot-conspiracy-2020-6%3famp

Most of all, just feel free to really educate yourself about the topic being discussed before inserting yourself into a conversation and trying to pretend that you know more about Portland than a person who actually lives there.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't think he's disputing that violence and damage occurred.  I think he's disputing that Antifa were involved.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Please explain how damaged storefronts prove Antifa involvement, which is what Hjnick, Andy Ngo, and Trump are pushing.

Please also refer back to the part of my post that links an article showing that the FBI found no evidence whatsoever of Antifa involvement.

Please ALSO feel free to educate yourself on the 8 straight nights of predominately peaceful protests that followed the first few nights.

Please ALSO feel free to go turn on the news. There are protests happening in 400 American cities and across the globe. Once again, Antifa involvement, is something investigations have found no evidence of.

Please also feel free to read about how far-right groups have been inciting violence and posing as Antifa and tell us about your outrage over that:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/twitter-removes-account-white-nationalist-group-posing-antifa/story%3fid=71024345

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/3-boogaloo-men-terror-charges-george-floyd-protest-riot-conspiracy-2020-6%3famp

Most of all, just feel free to really educate yourself about the topic being discussed before inserting yourself into a conversation and trying to pretend that you know more about Portland than a person who actually lives there.

Did you flip through the pictures? There were Antifa markings painted in a few of them.

Also, chill a bit. I don’t even know who Andy Ngo is and I’m not stumping for anyone. 

Never once did I say that I know more about Portland than you, so maybe try relaxing a bit and not getting overly emotional about it.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I don't think he's disputing that violence and damage occurred.  I think he's disputing that Antifa were involved.

See above.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Did you flip through the pictures? There were Antifa markings painted in a few of them.

Also, chill a bit. I don’t even know who Andy Ngo is and I’m not stumping for anyone. 

Never once did I say that I know more about Portland than you, so maybe try relaxing a bit and not getting overly emotional about it.

See above.

Personally, I think it's pretty clear that the only person who said Antifa was involved, initially, was that piece of crap living in the white house.  After that the far-right sect of his "cult of stupidity" sprang into action to "back it up."

But that's just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Gugny said:

Personally, I think it's pretty clear that the only person who said Antifa was involved, initially, was that piece of crap living in the white house.  After that the far-right sect of his "cult of stupidity" sprang into action to "back it up."

But that's just my opinion.

Well I’ll say two things about that:

1) the poster specifically mentioned Portland, so if Antifa were involved in looting/rioting, that location would make the most sense since I understood Portland to be their proverbial home turf

2) if they weren’t involved at all, then some other group made sure to use some of their typical “artwork” to make it look that way...which was really all I was saying to Logic: that all it takes is to look at some pics from Portland area news sites that show the graffiti to see why someone would suggest that they’re involved in the damage.

Apparently that makes me an uneducated fool that thinks he knows more about Portland than a resident.

19 hours ago, hjnick said:

We are all for stopping the unnecessary violence towards blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, when in the custody of the police.  The George Floyd incident has put 99.9% of everyone on the same side.  The cop that did this should be put away for a LONG LONG time.

It's a political issue because of different groups that have made this political.  Black Lives Matter as a group is a far left group.  Antifa is a WAY far left group. Both of these group have politicized this.

Here's the thing. The George Floyd "incident" (nice euphemism) shouldn't have had to be the spark to put "99.9% of everyone on the same side". This type of thing has been going on for CENTURIES. People are FINALLY coming around to the same side of this issue because voices like Colin Kaepernick's are no longer being silenced. Willful ignorance by people who'd just rather not have to deal with these issues is become less and less of an option. 

And no, it's not a political issue because of "far left" groups. This has been a political issue since day one of the country's founding. Was slavery not political? Was Jim Crow or segregation not political? Are things like redlining not ecopolitical? I'm not going too far out on a limb when I guess you just haven't had a reason to notice these types of injustices, or their centuries-long root in social governance. But yeah, it's ALWAYS been political, even for people that weren't born yesterday.

Edited by Ecmic82
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

The only people I’ve ever heard even use the term Antifa are the Fox News types.  To the extent that they even exist, they certainly aren’t self-promoters.  If they’re spray painting something, it has a message.  They don’t just scrawl their own name on a wall.  The far right talks about Antifa more than Antifa talks about Antifa.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

The only people I’ve ever heard even use the term Antifa are the Fox News types.  To the extent that they even exist, they certainly aren’t self-promoters.  If they’re spray painting something, it has a message.  They don’t just scrawl their own name on a wall.  The far right talks about Antifa more than Antifa talks about Antifa.

Here’s a pretty solid piece about the movement from that bastion of far-right ideology known as The Atlantic:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/534192/

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A few markings painted on walls? Definitive prove! Forget the FBI investigation, we've got a few paintings here!

You'll have to forgive me for being overly emotional. I've spent the past 7 days watching the Portland Police Department -- which has a long history of racism and brutality -- firing tear gas at peacefully assembled citizens -- including children -- during a pandemic that affects the lungs, shoot rubber bullets directly at protestors, fire pepper bullets at pregnant women, and unlawfully attack and arrest members of the press. Don't get me wrong, there are agitators and law breakers and such, but the VAST majority of protestors are peaceful and are breaking no laws, and they're STILL getting attacked. It's happening night after night. I can show you many videos of this taking place if you wish. And in the midst of all of this, every now and then, you have people popping in claiming that Antifa, of all things, is the major problem. Forget the police force that my tax dollars pay for that have a $293 million dollar budget and are armed to the teeth with military weaponry, attacking citizens exercising their 1st amendment rights and battering members of the press....it's ANTIFA we've got to worry about! Right. 

So again, do forgive me. I recognize that I jumped down your throat a bit there. But understand: This isn't a joke to me, or a passing curiosity that's interesting to watch on the news. It's the citizens of my city, being attacked by heavily armed agents of the state, for -- in many cases -- no legal or justifiable reason, night after night. It's friends being arrested without being read their Miranda rights, having their phones taken away, being detained for 12 hours, receiving no access to a phone call, and then being released in far-off parts of the city, with dead phones, without ever having been told WHY they were detained to begin with. It's people literally losing their eyeballs because a policeman fired a rubber bullet directly at their face, rather than ricocheting it off the pavement toward them, as is intended. I AM emotional, I AM furious, and I'm not going to "relax". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

A few markings painted on walls? Definitive prove! Forget the FBI investigation, we've got a few paintings here!

You'll have to forgive me for being overly emotional. I've spent the past 7 days watching the Portland Police Department -- which has a long history of racism and brutality -- firing tear gas at peacefully assembled citizens -- including children -- during a pandemic that affects the lungs, shoot rubber bullets directly at protestors, fire pepper bullets at pregnant women, and unlawfully attack and arrest members of the press. Don't get me wrong, there are agitators and law breakers and such, but the VAST majority of protestors are peaceful and are breaking no laws, and they're STILL getting attacked. It's happening night after night. I can show you many videos of this taking place if you wish. And in the midst of all of this, every now and then, you have people popping in claiming that Antifa, of all things, is the major problem. Forget the police force that my tax dollars pay for that have a $293 million dollar budget and are armed to the teeth with military weaponry, attacking citizens exercising their 1st amendment rights and battering members of the press....it's ANTIFA we've got to worry about! Right. 

So again, do forgive me. I recognize that I jumped down your throat a bit there. But understand: This isn't a joke to me, or a passing curiosity that's interesting to watch on the news. It's the citizens of my city, being attacked by heavily armed agents of the state, for -- in many cases -- no legal or justifiable reason, night after night. It's friends being arrested without being read their Miranda rights, having their phones taken away, being detained for 12 hours, receiving no access to a phone call, and then being released in far-off parts of the city, with dead phones, without ever having been told WHY they were detained to begin with. It's people literally losing their eyeballs because a policeman fired a rubber bullet directly at their face, rather than ricocheting it off the pavement toward them, as is intended. I AM emotional, I AM furious, and I'm not going to "relax". 

All of what you’ve seen is reprehensible and unacceptable. It isn’t a joke to me either. All I meant was that whoever was claiming that there’s evidence of Antifa involvement in property damage resulting from the riots in Portland could certainly find enough photographic evidence to make that claim without sounding tinfoil-hat-like.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying here all of this is awful but just a random nitpick of a popular misconception. Miranda rights are for when they're questioning you not arresting, they don't actually have to read them to you at all.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m hoping that they just remove the National Anthem from sporting events. I remember when I went to school, in your first class you said the Pledge of Allegiance. You put your hand over heart and faced the flag. I don’t even know what Mr Reiman would do if a kid kneeled or sat during the pledge. Probably a yard stick across the face.