Goodell Admits NFL Was Wrong Not to Listen

K-9

6 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

1) consider that the NBA exec team over the last few years has had Chris Paul, LeBron, Carmelo, and steph curry. Those are superstars. I don’t think comparable NFL players, like your Tom Brady’s of the NFL, have served in similar positions in the NFL. Very good players have served, but not your “faces of the league.”

2) Put differently, how effective would the paw patrol be without Ryder? ?

Who would be a current NFL player that would be a LeBron or Steph- I know them!!!! Does the NFL suffer by offense v Defense. But I imagine a guy like an Aaron Donald type where both offensive players (Opposition as well) and naturally D- players just respect or say a Derick Henry. I was trying to  think of who’s the big cheese, the Ronnie Lott?  Does that make sense?

Edited by Shamrock

7 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

I understand the constituion clearly - maybe YOU should try to undersand why dishonoring your country to raise awarness is unacceptable to alot of people. 

I’m not going to argue but perhaps read the First Amendment and the many US Supreme Court cases about it and the flag. 

Look, I gave a lot for this nation and wouldn’t do these things but I respect the rights of others to do so. That is what it’s all about. 

9 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Found it. Jeremy Henwood. Ambushed by a criminal POS and shot in the head with a shotgun, McDonald’s food still warm in the bag next to him in his car.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-surveillance-video-shows-officers-final-moments-2011aug16-story.html

Appreciate your point of view.  To save me the need to look through 20+ pages, you do admit that there is a problem with how black Americans and other people of color are treated?  (by individuals and institutions across our country)

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I’m not going to argue but perhaps read the First Amendment and the many US Supreme Court cases about it and the flag. 

Look, I gave a lot for this nation and wouldn’t do these things but I respect the rights of others to do so. That is what it’s all about. 

I respect those who do it too, but most of those that do it can't and are not even willing to try to see why it offends so many people.  All they see is their side.  

Edited by Azucho98

9 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I don’t and as a white person I would not even attempt to try because it’s not my place to determine appropriate responses to this issue. Goodell and the league need to work with its black players and leaders to determine what’s appropriate.

Now, here's a wise man; one who listens more than he speaks.  

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Getting back to the original issue, why did 57 Buffalo cops resign from the Emergency Response Team, and risk their careers, if these two cops did indeed harm an 'innocent' 75 year old protestor?  Could it be that they know something that isn't being reported by msm outlets?

Two of them (as of last night) have indicated that they stepped down because their union withdrew legal support for members of SWAT and HRT.  They were abandoned.  Go to WKBW and you'll find excerpts from the letter the PBA sent to members and you'll also get quotes from the two officers I mentioned.

Educate yourself.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

I respect those who do it too, but most of those that do it can't and are not even willing to try to see why it offends so many people.  All they see is their side.  

Have they been heard at all? That’s why this response. Once we listen and stop the oppression, this all stops.
They just want to be heard and for others to see their reality. 

You’re saying they need to understand about doing no harm that upsets some people and they are saying they are being killed...because they are. Which is more worrisome?

I respect it. 

Do take good care and let’s talk football!

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

Did you know that an analysis of Philly police shootings found that black officers actually had more frequent shootings than white officers in unarmed black suspects?

I did not know that ! 
I don’t think the cops should be shooting people unless his or hers life is at danger , there’s no need to shoot anyone for running away , or any other freakin  reasons , 

Isn’t it time for every police officer to be equipped with a body camera and a microphone? So if there’s an issue during an arrest we can actually see and hear what took place , I believe that would benefit not only the public  but also the police officers from being accused of unjustified use of force ...

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Two of them (as of last night) have indicated that they stepped down because their union withdrew legal support for members of SWAT and HRT.  They were abandoned.  Go to WKBW and you'll find excerpts from the letter the PBA sent to members and you'll also get quotes from the two officers I mentioned.

Educate yourself.

So you're not going to supply a link to support your point?  Lazy.

Yeah, but I'm sure I'm the one who needs education...

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Isn't it hard to argue that it's just 'a few bad cops' ruining the rest's reputation when 57 of them from one unit resign in solidarity with the two who shoved the guy to the ground?

Thats 8% of Buffalos police force. There’s just over 700 cops in Buffalo. 

33 minutes ago, Happy said:

My goodness dude.  You are very angry and lazy.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/exclusive-two-buffalo-police-ert-members-say-resignation-was-not-in-solidarity-with-suspended-officers

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/5/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bferra13 said:

The NFL probably doesnt care about kneeling, they care about $$$$. Let them kneel again, and people will be turned off and tune out. Lose lose situation here.

The only people that would be turned off and tuned out would be the same folks that have no problem with people mainly African Americans being unnecessarily abused and killed by police, unjustly.  So we hope and pray "those" type of people ARE turned out.  It makes more room for the people who want EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE to be tuned in!!

I bet those same potentially turned off/tune out people also have zero problems with the fact that Michael Vick did more jail time for animal abuse, than ALL of the excessive force murdering police COMBINED have ever done for unjustly killing and abusing HUMAN BEINGS!!!  I wonder why....

Let that sink in for a minute....

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Happy said:

Confronted an old man in their way, pushed home over, he fell like a tree, cracked his skull, started bleeding from his ear, they stepped over him.

What are we and "the msm" missing?  Educate us.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gineric said:

The only people that would be turned off and tuned out would be the same folks that have no problem with people mainly African Americans being unnecessarily abused and killed by police, unjustly.  So we hope and pray "those" type of people ARE turned out.  It makes more room for the people who want EQUAL RIGHTS FOR EVERYONE to be tuned in!!

I bet those same potentially turned off/tune out people also have zero problems with the fact that Michael Vick did more jail time for animal abuse, than ALL of the excessive force murdering police COMBINED have ever done for unjustly killing and abusing HUMAN BEINGS!!!  I wonder why....

Let that sink in for a minute....

I’m sure that the intent is good here; the issue I have with your post is that the two facts presented are simply incorrect.

It isn’t mainly African Americans killed by police (though on a per-million-people basis AAs make up a disproportionately high percentage of victims), and a very quick google search shows multiple 10+ year sentences for white officers convicted of murdering unarmed black people within the last calendar year.

None of that is to say that police violence or racial inequities aren’t an issue that deserves attention, but rather to say that the argument has more staying power when the facts presented are accurate.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Confronted an old man in their way, pushed home over, he fell like a tree, cracked his skull, started bleeding from his ear, they stepped over him.

I’m not excusing the assault, but standard protocol is apparently to secure the area and not touch the victim until the med team arrives (have to find the source of that but I read it yesterday)

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He was inciting the crowd all day long, was provoking the cops, then attempted to skim their police radio signals with an app on his cell phone (when approached by police) while his antifa buddy filmed the entire incident.  The old man was known by the Buffalo Mayor and asked to leave, which he did not.  What the public saw regarding the old agitator being pushed to the ground and bleeding from his ear is exactly what he and antifa wanted you to see.

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m not excusing the assault, but standard protocol is apparently to secure the area and not touch the victim until the med team arrives (have to find the source of that but I read it yesterday)

Any human being with a properly functioning brain, a heart and a set of balls would say, "eff protocol, this man could be dying."

Walking past/over him was a pathetic display, no matter how anyone wants to slice it or hide it behind "protocol."

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I’m sure that the intent is good here; the issue I have with your post is that the two facts presented are simply incorrect.

It isn’t mainly African Americans killed by police (though on a per-million-people basis AAs make up a disproportionately high percentage of victims), and a very quick google search shows multiple 10+ year sentences for white officers convicted of murdering unarmed black people within the last calendar year.

None of that is to say that police violence or racial inequities aren’t an issue that deserves attention, but rather to say that the argument has more staying power when the facts presented are accurate.

Secure what area?  One guy stopped another guy from helping the old man, then they just kept marching.  It's not like there was a frenzied mob surrounding them.  

What protocol prohibits one cop (first responder) from aiding a fallen civilian right in his path.  Let me put it another way, if the old guy had dropped that cop and cracked his skull, would the other cops just let their fallen hero just lie there bleeding all that hair product onto the sidewalk?

No.

1 minute ago, Happy said:

He was inciting the crowd all day long, was provoking the cops, then attempted to skim their police radio signals with an app on his cell phone (when approached by police) while his antifa buddy filmed the entire incident.  The old man was known by the Buffalo Mayor and asked to leave, which he did not.  What the public saw regarding the old agitator being pushed to the ground and bleeding from his ear is exactly what he and antifa wanted you to see.

So what?

Every protester is asked to leave at some point--especially at curfew.  Nothing you just said makes any difference.  He was no threat to these cops waving his phone with that dangerous "Scanner app".   If one old man and his buddy can provoke an entire "Elite"  (lol, come on...) unit into looking foolish and undisciplined by waving a cell phine, than these cops did one right thing after "resigning" from this group.  

I can't imagine what an Insane-O-Tron PPP is right now, given the stuff coming out here on TSW.  

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Any human being with a properly functioning brain, a heart and a set of balls would say, "eff protocol, this man could be dying."

Walking past/over him was a pathetic display, no matter how anyone wants to slice it or hide it behind "protocol."

I’m not defending them. WEO asked what he was possibly missing, and I answered.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Secure what area?  One guy stopped another guy from helping the old man, then they just kept marching.  It's not like there was a frenzied mob surrounding them.  

What protocol prohibits one cop (first responder) from aiding a fallen civilian right in his path.  Let me put it another way, if the old guy had dropped that cop and cracked his skull, would the other cops just let their fallen hero just lie there bleeding all that hair product onto the sidewalk?

No.

I didn’t say it was the morally right thing to do. Direct your outrage elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So what?

Every protester is asked to leave at some point--especially at curfew.  Nothing you just said makes any difference.  He was no threat to these cops waving his phone with that dangerous "Scanner app".   If one old man and his buddy can provoke an entire "Elite"  (lol, come on...) unit into looking foolish and undisciplined by waving a cell phine, than these cops did one right thing after "resigning" from this group.  

I can't imagine what an Insane-O-Tron PPP is right now, given the stuff coming out here on TSW.  

you really don't understand the issue with the old man Martin Gugino

41 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Thanks, that wasn't so hard.  When you have a point to make, it's typically expected that you provide something to communicate your point, rather than asking others to do it for you.

Anyway, I did read the article and not every member or the ERT quit in solidarity with the two officers, though some did as specified in the article.  Not all 57 people in a group are going to have the same motives for taking a certain action.  Point taken that it was union related.