Goodell Admits NFL Was Wrong Not to Listen

K-9

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Bills? 

I am not going to keep doing this with you. Quite frankly, at this point you’re becoming an argumentative prick. This community does not have a separate NFL forum. We talk about the Bills and other topics related to the NFL. Drew Brees is an NFL quarterback. How ***** hard is this? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

That’s what this is about. It isn’t just about Kaepernick or BLM or your brotherhood at this point.

Based totally on anecdotes? I don’t think the witnessed and video recorded murder of a citizen by a law enforcement officer who saw fit to kneel on the neck of his victim for nearly nine minutes, in spite of the victim’s repeated pleas to breathe, qualifies as anecdotal. Makes one wonder what happens at the hands of unfit enforcement officers when cameras aren’t around. If you can’t see that as a fair question, then I submit your own bias clouds your judgment. 

Then again it’s just easier to say we are all lemmings who need to have these atrocities explained to us. 

Yes, George Floyd was a horrible situation. 

Where is the evidence that it was racially based? Got any?

Maybe it was an example of a criminal cop? You know what? They exist! They aren’t the boogeyman. The boogeyman is the BS narrative that there is systematic racism in police. That’s what you lemmings are marching on. Weird that cops are killed at a MUCH higher rate than unarmed blacks are killed by police. Weird that black men comprise 6% of the population but comprise over 40% of the perpetrators of violent crime. Where was the marching when a friend of mine was murdered by a black suspect? He stopped out to check on a disabled motorist, and was shot and killed as he got out of his car. Cops are systematically hunting and killing black people? Garbage. It just isn’t true. 

Again, if you want to have a discussion about those things that have contributed to the environment where black suspects are committing violent crimes at exponentially higher rates than all other races, let’s do it. Let’s talk about the legislators and leaders in those black communities that have allowed that to happen under their watch for DECADES. I doubt you will want to have that discussion, though. It’s so much easier to scapegoat the police. That’s what the political leaders are doing, too. Keep following. It’s a great strategy... until you reach the precipice of that cliff.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

You can make the rules whenever you get the $200/month sever bill and send the check. 

Thank you (and anyone who donates) for providing us with this forum.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SDS said:

I am not going to keep doing this with you. Quite frankly, at this point you’re becoming an argumentative prick. This community does not have a separate NFL forum. We talk about the Bills and other topics related to the NFL. Drew Brees is an NFL quarterback. How ***** hard is this? 

It’s too bad that we’re getting political is all I’m saying. Very sad. I’ll stop posting for the time being until the dust settles, people realize how ridiculous this all is, and everything goes back to talking Bills. That is unless you choose to boot me completely, if which is your choice. I won’t be part of this ridiculous view that systemic racism exists. George Floyd, terrible. Individual racist acts, terrible. That’s what they are, bad people doing bad things. Let’s get back to talking Bills soon. 

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Says who?

We shouldn't have an intelligent adult discussion about something that is ripping apart the country?

Don't click.  It's a freedom of choice.  You do support freedom to choose?

Thanks, read my other posts. 

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Yes, George Floyd was a horrible situation. 

Where is the evidence that it was racially based? Got any?

Maybe it was an example of a criminal cop? You know what? They exist! They aren’t the boogeyman. The boogeyman is the BS narrative that there is systematic racism in police. That’s what you lemmings are marching on. Weird that cops are killed at a MUCH higher rate than unarmed blacks are killed by police. Weird that black men comprise 6% of the population but comprise over 40% of the perpetrators of violent crime. Where was the marching when a friend of mine was murdered by a black suspect? He stopped out to check on a disabled motorist, and was shot and killed as he got out of his car. Cops are systematically hunting and killing black people? Garbage. It just isn’t true. 

Again, if you want to have a discussion about those things that have contributed to the environment where black suspects are committing violent crimes at exponentially higher rates than all other races, let’s do it. Let’s talk about the legislators and leaders in those black communities that have allowed that to happen under their watch for DECADES. I doubt you will want to have that discussion, though. It’s so much easier to scapegoat the police. That’s what the political leaders are doing, too. Keep following. It’s a great strategy... until you reach the precipice of that cliff.

If you really think it's weird that cops are killed at a higher rate than unarmed blacks are killed by police might I suggest a course in remedial statistics.

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

It’s too bad that we’re getting political is all I’m saying. Very sad. I’ll stop posting for the time being until the dust settles, people realize how ridiculous this all is, and everything goes back to talking Bills. That is unless you choose to boot me completely, if which is your choice. I won’t be part of this ridiculous view that systemic racism exists. George Floyd, terrible. Individual racist acts, terrible. That’s what they are, bad people doing bad things. Let’s get back to talking Bills soon. 

Thank you for your parting ignorant thought. It was the cherry on top of a scrumptious dessert. 

8 minutes ago, Margarita said:

May I ask  what you think is too little too late..the NFL response or our collective human previous response to Kaepernick or failure to recognize racism in America...likely all 3 as I reread your posting. I think looking back a lot of people lacked appreciation and understanding of how black people have experienced racism and police injustice and brutality  in our country...Im very sorry it took seeing a man murdered in senseless fashion in Minneapolis for a collective US to wake up smell the coffee and Get It....if George Floyds death and the subsequent riots are to have a positive  effect in America in retrospect it is going to involve a lot more Listening,  a lot  more inner reflection and as a result  change in our view on these issues and the changes necessary  to halt injustice and bring about a more just America for everyone.  Light banishes darkness and the light is now ON and I refuse to be hopeless and fatalistic that change isnt possible it CAN and it Must.

Yes all three.  I like your post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you really think it's weird that cops are killed at a higher rate than unarmed blacks are killed by police might I suggest a course in remedial statistics.

i’m guessing he is against COVID-19 testing because the infected numbers will go up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

For anyone still on the fence about the pervasiveness of racial inequality in this country, I encourage you to do a little research on Fred Hampton, the Black Panthers, and a little gem called COINTELPRO under J. Edgar Hoover. It’s not the first example in US History, but explains a lot about how we got to where we are today psychologically. For anyone looking for the cliff notes version:

https://mobile.twitter.com/clairewillett/status/1266894029498675200

They sure as hell don’t teach you that in the history books. At least not where I’m from. We’ve been conditioned for a long time to react the way we do to these situations. It’s time we wake up, acknowledge it, educate ourselves, and become part of the solution. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Those two rates are meaningless as you've set them up. They don't refer to anything that I'd want to use to draw a conclusion.

As I’ve set them up? They are objective statistics. I just said them. They are in black and white. 

Not surprised you aren’t willing to discuss them. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Do you believe honoring individual military members at pro sports games is disrespectful?

I don’t, I also know as a former Marine that taking a knee during the National anthem is a constitutional right that I served to protect. Why is it that some Americans so viscerally dislike it when other Americans exercise their constitutional rights?  Doing so by using a straw man argument about our military service members to feebly attempt to make a mistaken point, and then repeatedly doubling down on that very mistaken point?  Again why would an American citizen want to prevent another American citizen from exercising their constitutional rights?  Such action is totally UN-AMERICAN. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

kudos on missing the sarcasm directed toward your poor math skills.

Oh no, I got that. It was just totally irrelevant to the black and white (no pun intended) statistics that a cop is more likely to die at the hands of a black suspect, than an unarmed black suspect is to die at the hands of a cop. I’m talking rate. I’m not saying merely more. That’s where Mr Remedial Math got my statement wrong. Nine unarmed black men died last year. Nine. Seven of those involved suspects actively fighting the officer, or using vehicles as weapons. Keep marching and destroying the country over a made up narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1