Buffalo PD assault older gentleman, leave him to bleed

Reed83HOF

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Perhaps the bandanna was in response to the mask requirement, but I guess that makes them an idiot also in your eyes ... 

No... they're idiots because of the assault rifles. 

However, the bandana/scarf idea for protection against Covid-19 is pretty piss-poor too. 

Who would even suggest such a stupid thing?

:nana:

Edited by Bad Things

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One source I found said 8,000 police departments have armored vehicles (I don't think any of them have actual tanks) but I lost the link. Will keep looking.

How many police departments are there in the US?  Any idea? 

The number I saw was roughly 18,000.

• Like (+1) 1

That blood coming out of his ear is highly suspect. I slipped on some ice  on my driveway  in 2018. I hit the back of my head on the blacktop and heard a crack.  No cut but had a big bump on the back of my head. A day later  I had a contra-cous  injury ( headache on the other side of my head  where my brain rebounded and hit the inside of my skull. Iwas 61 at the fime.  I could see blood  where his skull hit the pavement  and caused a cut, but not out his ear. 

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One source I found said 8,000 police departments have armored vehicles (I don't think any of them have actual tanks) but I lost the link. Will keep looking.

My county of residence (Warren County, NY) got one in 2013 ...

https://poststar.com/news/local/start-in-case-of-emergency-warren-county-sheriffs-office-receives-armored-vehicles/article_2ec50e0e-1b59-11e3-ab0b-001a4bcf887a.html

Edited by Gugny
typo

28 minutes ago, Wacka said:

That blood coming out of his ear is highly suspect. I slipped on some ice  on my driveway  in 2018. I hit the back of my head on the blacktop and heard a crack.  No cut but had a big bump on the back of my head. A day later  I had a contra-cous  injury ( headache on the other side of my head  where my brain rebounded and hit the inside of my skull. Iwas 61 at the fime.  I could see blood  where his skull hit the pavement  and caused a cut, but not out his ear. 

?

What the hell is that emoticon? looks like a smiley with a knife and fork. I'm saying IMO,  the blood  looks suspect to me.  Plus this guy is a professional protester/agitator.  At 75, that is not a wise career choice.There is a video by one of the other protesters asking why this old white man was there. He said " To have some fun." The young black man said to his friend " I think he's looking to get punched in the face by somebody."  

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Wacka said:

What the hell is that emoticon? looks like a smiley with a knife and fork. I'm saying IMO,  the blood  looks suspect to me.  Plus this guy is a professional protester/agitator.  At 75, that is not a wise career choice.There is a video by one of the other protesters asking why this old white man was there. He said " To have some fun." The young black man said to his friend " I think he's looking to get punched in the face by somebody."  

https://www.healthline.com/health/ear-bleeding#causes

Trauma to the head

A hit, fall, or accident can cause a head injury that can lead to bleeding from the ear. This could be a sign of bleeding around the brain, so you should seek emergency medical attention.

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

The number I saw was roughly 18,000.

I saw that number, too. And approximately 800,000 members of law enforcement in those. It's hard to know what they count and don't count, like, say, FBI offices versus local and state police.

I'm in the middle in the Buffalo police/Old Guy argument. He did approach them, he was there to be an activist, but it seems he was advocating staying beyond the curfew, which literally millions of people have been doing across the country.

What bothers me, and it doesn't seem to be a topic of conversation at all is, I likely would not have thought much of the shove by the officers if the guy was 35 or 45. BUt he was clearly an old man, which to me clearly makes it different and exponentially more dangerous. Sure, an old guy can cause trouble for the cops so it's not like they should not have been wary. But shoving an old guy versus a more physically stable guy makes a difference. Maybe not in the law, just in the real world.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Wacka said:

I hit the back of my head on the blacktop and heard a crack.  No cut but had a big bump on the back of my head. A day later  I had a contra-cous  injury ( headache on the other side of my head  where my brain rebounded and hit the inside of my skull. Iwas 61 at the fime. 

Thanks for sharing this.

It actually explains a lot.

• Haha (+1) 4