Buffalo PD assault older gentleman, leave him to bleed

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Watch this video.  That was his helmet and he was an issue before this.  Direct quote: "He is going to get punched in the face."

I stand corrected - good find!

btw none of this still condones the police behavior as being overly excessive, granted I'm not sure we know what was being said either. Still there was a lot of indifference by the police as he lie there not moving and starting to bleed.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

btw none of this still condones the police behavior as being overly excessive, granted I'm not sure we know what was being said either. Still there was a lot of indifference by the police as he lie there not moving and starting to bleed.

His twitter profile won't do him any justice in court:

https://twitter.com/martingugino

Edited by Back2Buff
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I am not sure what procedures the BPD had for this event but there looked to be a supervisor on the scene.

The point I have been trying to make the whole time was only that this incident does not compare to the one in Minneapolis. A guy got pushed for ill advised behavior and fell. 

I will honestly state that I hope that the police officers in this case do not get fired over this.

This is my opinion, to which I am entitled.

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

His twitter profile won't do him any justice in court:

https://twitter.com/martingugino

I can't open it. Could you tell me about it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I can't open it. Could you tell me about it?

Just a lot of political activism stuff.  He doesn't seem to be a fan of Trump... or Biden... or Obama (at least he mentions how much he hates the ACA).  

27 minutes ago, Capco said:

Just a lot of political activism stuff.  He doesn't seem to be a fan of Trump... or Biden... or Obama (at least he mentions how much he hates the ACA).  

His F the police tweet should be in every newspaper, news report, and court document out there.  You can't say stuff like that, and then do what he did last night.  I would take it as a threat if I was an officer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

This post will probably not be well received by those with a specific agenda. Oh well.....

The police were lined up, imposing a local government mandated curfew (we all know that police do not mandate curfews, they enforce them). People in the area deserve praise for not turning out to riot.

Now, here comes the old man. He looks harmless enough, but he seems to be accosting (or do you prefer the word "touching) two police officers after walking into moving lines of officers in riot gear. I would wager everything I own against 10 bucks that the old man has a psych history, but so be it. At this point, the man is guilty of disorderly conduct. He could/should have been cuffed and taken away. The cops decided to shove him away instead, and the old guy fell. Not arresting him turned out to be a big mistake, but I don't think that this incident is to be equated with the horrible, sickening incident in Minnesota. In Buffalo, the officer probably felt that he was giving the old man a break by not locking him up. Do I suspect that the cops were annoyed by being touched by this guy? OK, yes. Do I think that they wanted to split his head open? No, I do not.

Now, a mistake that was POSSIBLY made (and I cannot tell because the video was short),  might be whether or not there was an immediate call for medical assistance. Psychotic or not, the man was in need of and entitled to medical care at this point.

I don't think that this incident should be agenda driven, but it almost certainly will be. It certainly was not race driven, even if the cops were black. This was a regrettable incident, but again; comparing this to the sickening horror show in Minnesota is just not fair, but surely it will happen anyway.

Sad indeed.

Thank you for this post Bill.  I had thought about writing something along these lines but obviously it is much more meaningful coming from you.

It’s unfortunate the man was injured, but what do people expect cops to do?  Just stand there while any random nut blocks their path?  It’s not like the cops were bull rushing a group of people, this guy specifically sought out to engage them.

Reverting to the Obama era strategy of demonizing all police will prove counterproductive to the goal of weeding out the bad cops and promoting racial justice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Have a look at the cop who pushed this man, and the cop who was shoved in the back shortly thereafter by another cop, then kept walking past the man lying on the ground bleeding out of an ear...

Their combined IQ is lower than the ambient air temp. in Niagara Square that day.

And folks wonder why this stuff happens.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve watched all the videos.  I read his twitter timeline.  I don’t care what this guy preaches or writes about on social media.  His actions did not warrant the reaction by the police officers.  The police officers should be disciplined accordingly, IMO.  This is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

For those asking, “what were the cops supposed to do?” How about this: safely restrain the man, zip tie him, and book him for disorderly conduct? 

Tell me on which planet it is a good idea to shove a geriatric who is holding things in both hands (helmet and phone) directly backwards whilst standing on concrete sidewalk? What’s the likely outcome of that action? Exactly what we saw.

• Thank you (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve watched all the videos.  I read his twitter timeline.  I don’t care what this guy preaches or writes about on social media.  His actions did not warrant the reaction by the police officers.  The police officers should be disciplined accordingly, IMO.  This is ridiculous.

+1

For anyone who thinks these protesters aren't being policed differently, consider this:

A month or so ago, white protesters stormed the Michigan capitol with long guns and screamed in the faces of cops like this:

Inline image

and the cops stood silently and took their abuse while dressed like this:

Inline image

However, when people are peacefully protesting an actual crime, they encounter police dressed like this:

Inline image

Inline image

and are tear-gassed, pepper-sprayed and attacked.

Does that seem equal to you??
Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Had to reply to this twitter person who also happens to be one of my "Commercial Women I Find Hot' mentions from a few years ago

haas.thumb.png.51bda274da9f9a5aba034a9fab819c8b.png

Funny the picture the media wants painted and certain individuals out there.

The best video is the African American protestor questioning why the guy was there before at like 7:40.  It's like he knew something was up with the guy.

There are some twitter threads out there with thousands of people pulling up evidence that this may have been set up.  There are some clues that don't match up.

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

There are some twitter threads out there with thousands of people pulling up evidence that this may have been set up.  There are some clues that don't match up.

great now all the conspiracy theorists are out

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Funny the picture the media wants painted and certain individuals out there.

The best video is the African American protestor questioning why the guy was there before at like 7:40.  It's like he knew something was up with the guy.

A set up?  Interesting?  Care to expound on this?

Splitting your head wide open on purpose seems like extreme measures to “stage” such an event.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

That context is missing and not known via video as far as i know. I am also trying and would like everyone here to keep it away from PPP and politics. I believe most individuals take issue with the fact that, I mean let's be honest he is an older guy, shouldn't have been pushed as hard as he was. You can easily make a case for an adrenaline rush with the officers, some level of exhaustion, but the most egregious part was when one of the officers went to go check on him, he was physically moved away by another officer and it iwas either the National Guard or state police who went to administer help; not one BPD officer stopped. There is zero excuse for that behavior; enforcing a curfew to arrest a guy with a sign, when they directly caused injury to a citizen is nonsense. The extra 5 minutes or even 2 officers out of the what 20ish there, would not have affectedthe guy holding the sign who would have still been there after curfew anyways. it's simply more pitiful police behavior.

and let’s not forget the aftermath of this either, where BPD PR released a statement claiming the man “slipped and fell.” Implying of course that it was just an unfortunate accident. No mention of contact from or even confrontation with the police on scene. Why would Mike DeGeorge omit those kinda important details in the initial statement? Either he decided to lie or the police at the scene lied to him (or intentionally omitted some “minor” details.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Splitting your head wide open on purpose seems like extreme measures to “stage” such an event.

His head didn't split open.

Here is the twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/Inevitable_ET/status/1268739744990507009

I displayed as link for due to the pic that would show if embedded.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rico said:

Oh the humanity. :(

Bill Barber would be proud of that dive.

please. You think a 75 year old man would "take a dive" and crack his skull into the cement? Was this a joke? I could see the cops arresting that man their  job being to clear the street after curfew. But to shove him away and insinuate it was a dive? Wow..is  there anything that won't be viewed as a conspiracy theory these days? SMH  even if the man lost balance and he fell the impetus was the shove and he looks frail to begin with. Arrest Yes..push aside what did they think might happen..? They weren't  thinking it was a stupid action and they deserve consequences.

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Interesting...that's one way to out it..I'll call a spade a spade and label it idiotic but that's just me. Not saying you said it was set up I juust find the idea totally ludicrous

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

His head didn't split open.

Here is the twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/Inevitable_ET/status/1268739744990507009

I displayed as link for due to the pic that would show if embedded.

Did you not hear the very audible, and frankly quite haunting sound of his skull bouncing off the pavement?  Was that sound made artificially?  Part of the conspiracy?  Come on, dude...?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Thank you for this post Bill.  I had thought about writing something along these lines but obviously it is much more meaningful coming from you.

It’s unfortunate the man was injured, but what do people expect cops to do?  Just stand there while any random nut blocks their path?  It’s not like the cops were bull rushing a group of people, this guy specifically sought out to engage them.

Reverting to the Obama era strategy of demonizing all police will prove counterproductive to the goal of weeding out the bad cops and promoting racial justice.

maybe do their jobs and arrest the guy rather than shove him out of the way and expect nothing bad would happen for starters.......

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Did you not hear the very audible, and frankly quite haunting sound of his skull bouncing off the pavement?  Was that sound made artificially?  Part of the conspiracy?  Come on, dude...?

You mean the helmet he just happened to have in his hand hit the concrete ball next to him?  There are videos of people questioning why he was there with a helmet at 7:40.  Said he was there to have "fun"