Buffalo PD assault older gentleman, leave him to bleed

Reed83HOF

Zero defense for this - zero.

The statement is absolutely unbelievable and the exact reason a large majority of the country does not trust the police.

This is not politics. This is wrong. 

Thank God he is in stable condition.

Edited by Warren Zevon
  • Like (+1) 3

Please keep the officers names out of the thread until it becomes an official announcement

Edit the names are out there now, there was no need to vilify until it was 100% confirmed; that is all

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It ain’t easy being caught in a bald faced lie. Is it simply a matter of training, fitness for the job, a combination? I honestly don’t know. But there was no justification in taking that action. 

heard during the la police commission zoom debacle (look it up its LMAO, but so sad at the same time) 600 hours to be a police officer and 1600 to be a cosmologist. Might be the ex-military hires, doing through profiles, the immunity from prosecution, strong unions in the cities with enough bad apples select bad leaders, DAs who won't file charges against officers, non-lethal rubber bullets and bean bags that do incredible damage and can be lethal, tear gas which is illegal in war - it is everything.

Not trying to make this PPP

• Like (+1) 4

This story was on our news, here in New Zealand tonight.

What a heartbreaking thing to watch coming from back home.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/300028844/utterly-disgraceful-new-york-police-officers-suspended-after-viral-video-shows-them-shoving-75yearold-man-to-ground

I may be half a world away, but I stand fully with the protestors.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

This is why some police around the country have been attacking and harassing reporters; they don’t want the evidence of their misconduct recorded. 

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6778035/australian-news-crew-assaulted-by-us-cops/?cs=14231#gsc.tab=0

?

Edited by Bad Things

That video speaks volumes about where we are.  Simple protest, not sure what that man was saying to the police but he obviously posed NO threat.  They bull past him, knock him down and he immediately starts bleeding from his head.  NO response as he lies on the ground bleeding!!

This video and the one where the women was groped by the police office and she pulled away only to be beaten by multiple police with batons are the most repugnant videos I’ve seen yet.

she seems to give herself up, stands there and then gets beaten.  

Not all police are bad, and not all protesters are good.  There needs to be a way for peaceful protests to happen where protestors do not cause harm and where police do not hurt people.  Difficult situations and only going to get worse as people fuses get shorter.  This will not end well if we keep moving down the road we are on.  We need true leadership at this time and not some coward who sits behind his fences and does nothing but incite bad behavior. 

Edited by davefan66
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This post will probably not be well received by those with a specific agenda. Oh well.....

The police were lined up, imposing a local government mandated curfew (we all know that police do not mandate curfews, they enforce them). People in the area deserve praise for not turning out to riot.

Now, here comes the old man. He looks harmless enough, but he seems to be accosting (or do you prefer the word "touching) two police officers after walking into moving lines of officers in riot gear. I would wager everything I own against 10 bucks that the old man has a psych history, but so be it. At this point, the man is guilty of disorderly conduct. He could/should have been cuffed and taken away. The cops decided to shove him away instead, and the old guy fell. Not arresting him turned out to be a big mistake, but I don't think that this incident is to be equated with the horrible, sickening incident in Minnesota. In Buffalo, the officer probably felt that he was giving the old man a break by not locking him up. Do I suspect that the cops were annoyed by being touched by this guy? OK, yes. Do I think that they wanted to split his head open? No, I do not.

Now, a mistake that was POSSIBLY made (and I cannot tell because the video was short),  might be whether or not there was an immediate call for medical assistance. Psychotic or not, the man was in need of and entitled to medical care at this point.

I don't think that this incident should be agenda driven, but it almost certainly will be. It certainly was not race driven, even if the cops were black. This was a regrettable incident, but again; comparing this to the sickening horror show in Minnesota is just not fair, but surely it will happen anyway.

Sad indeed.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 14

40 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Now, here comes the old man. He looks harmless enough, but he seems to be accosting (or do you prefer the word "touching) two police officers after walking into moving lines of officers in riot gear. I would wager everything I own against 10 bucks that the old man has a psych history, but so be it. At this point, the man is guilty of disorderly conduct. He could/should have been cuffed and taken away. The cops decided to shove him away instead, and the old guy fell. 

It looks to me like he found a police helmet and is returning it.

• Like (+1) 7