I hate Summer Part V

plenzmd1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

think supposed to be gorgeous all week in the Mid Atlantic! Was sweet watching the 4pm and night game with the fire going last night

It was 34 degrees outside when I woke up this morning.

That sucks.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

think supposed to be gorgeous all week in the Mid Atlantic! Was sweet watching the 4pm and night game with the fire going last night

Beer and fire pit last night.  Bring on more!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Ick... nice breezy sunless 85 degrees here:oops:

It was 45 degrees last night at 9:30pm.  When I went out to bring my garbage/recycling bins to the end of the driveway, I heard my neighbor's AC unit kick on.  That is INSANE!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/19/2020 at 8:47 AM, LewPort71 said:

Hey plenz.  2 more days to fall.

it is a balmy 46*  here in the mountains of WV in the early AM.'

I actually enjoy fall. It’s what comes NEXT that I despise! 

Plenz will hit the golf course in shorts when it’s in the 40’s. I think he may have bumped his head as a child?  :)

Actually, he did win some Chivalry Points (not exchangeable for anything of actual value) by lending my sister his coat for an extra layer to keep her warm in Green Bay. I don’t think it was even in the 30’s, so who needs a coat???   🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was 45 degrees last night at 9:30pm.  When I went out to bring my garbage/recycling bins to the end of the driveway, I heard my neighbor's AC unit kick on.  That is INSANE!

Maybe it is a heat pump and it was going in "reverse" heating their place.

??

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

That was my first thought, but if you go too far north I think they are terribly inefficient. 

Yeah.  But up north,  you  have a furnace too.  Like at our work.   We fire up the boiler when it gets  really cold. The heat  pump is only used to take the edge off things in between seasons.   No need to fire up the furnace. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I actually enjoy fall. It’s what comes NEXT that I despise! 

Plenz will hit the golf course in shorts when it’s in the 40’s. I think he may have bumped his head as a child?  :)

Actually, he did win some Chivalry Points (not exchangeable for anything of actual value) by lending my sister his coat for an extra layer to keep her warm in Green Bay. I don’t think it was even in the 30’s, so who needs a coat???   🤷‍♂️

Autumn 🍂 🥮 is the best season!  Been perfect the last couple  weeks.  Wish it could stay like this forever.  Never crack 80° and go into 50°- 40°s @ night!

• Like (+1) 2

Living in SE FL is strange in that it flips your traditional views about seasons upside down.

For sure, the "worst" time of year here is the summer, and by far the "best" time of year is the winter.

March is the best month of the year, I think.

FL gets a bad rap for the heat/humidity in summer, but from mid October/Early November to like mid April, it is basically Buffalo in the summer time.  It never rains, low humidity, lower daily highs, really gorgeous weather all around.

Right now in late September it's just starting to get good; or the really bad stuff is finally starting to go away.