I hate Summer Part V

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I'm familiar so I know to take immediate action.  

Not being your tree stops you cutting it w/o permission unless IT is on your property.   

..  I'd still torch them.    It will \only get worse 

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

An alternative (if used in time) that won't risk damage to the tree itself, is some double-sided tape that they can't climb over, and will prevent them nesting in the branches that they need in order to form their hideous nests. You can buy it pretty much anywhere, and example is the pic below, but in a pinch you can fold over some duct tape and make it work as well. Key is checking on the adhesive every so often to make sure it's still doing the trick. We used this method when I was kid at the start of the season, and I remember it being quite effective. Of course, Slim Shady also has offered very effective methods once you're in the nesting phase in the branches already :) 

51sDxqPF7aL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

when i was just home on lunch, i looked, and i couldn't find a single nest.  i wish i knew that the trees were, but they're large,(30ft ish) oval shaped trees.  very dense with leaves, so if there are nests, they're buried inside.  you can walk right up and see the caterpillars on the leaves, but no nests.  that being said, they're either dying off or molting.  no more leavings, and i'm finding some dead ones on the ground.  we'll see if there's a phase 2.  

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

I will get my PSE&G bill this week and it will be painful to look at. To many days where its over 90 hot and humid. Today by me its supposed to mid to upper 90's but with the humidity it will feel like 100. My A/C has basically been running non-stop. From a weather standpoint give me the fall and spring.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, plenzmd1 said:

My annual tradition begins again. Stuck inside all day, tried to eat dinner outside at 7:45 and still too damn hot and humid. Inside season has begun! 

If you like summer, you are a freakazoid and prolly like sticks to your eyes too!

Lord, cant wait for late Septemeber already!

It’s late September and I really should be back in school. 

cmon Maggie, it’s safe to go go back outside again!

Edited by plenzmd1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:11 AM, plenzmd1 said:

It’s late September and I really should be back in school. 

cmon Maggie, it’s safe to go go back outside again!

I think you may whine more than I do. 

IMPRESSIVE! 

:)

21 hours ago, TBBills said:

Yea here in southern Florida we have had the worst humidity for weeks now which doesnt actually happen. You go outside and your skin just bubbles up with sweat... hard to breath, almost taste the air.

glad the Bills get this one out of the way early. BTW, that was all of July and August here in RVA

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

glad the Bills get this one out of the way early. BTW, that was all of July and August here in RVA

When the weather's hot and sticky,

That's no time to dunk your d****.
When the frost is on the pumpkin,

That's the time for d**** dunkin'.

You're a smart bunch.  You'll figure it out.

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

When the weather's hot and sticky,

That's no time to dunk your d****.
When the frost is on the pumpkin,

That's the time for d**** dunkin'.

You're a smart bunch.  You'll figure it out.

I've always thought dunking donuts in coffee was disgusting, myself.  I'm not a ***** racoon.  

• Haha (+1) 1