I hate Summer Part V

plenzmd1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

the guy who put in our driveway was thrilled with his life. He got to work outside for three seasons, and take off during the winter when he skied, snow mobiled, snow boarded, etc. Some people just love wintertime and winter sports.  ?‍♂️

Yep.  And more power to them!!  

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

the guy who put in our driveway was thrilled with his life. He got to work outside for three seasons, and take off during the winter when he skied, snow mobiled, snow boarded, etc. Some people just love wintertime and winter sports.  ?‍♂️

some people are smarter than others, aka the guy who put in your driveway!

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

some people are smarter than others, aka the guy who put in your driveway!

I’ll be honest with you, there were times I hated the heat. I’m not sure if Hilton Head isn’t the hottest and most humid place I’ve ever been. I couldn’t get a few paces from the bank to my car without sweating thru my clothes. Sarasota was actually cooler in the summer and FAR better in the winter. I mean.....IDEAL! 

Having said all that, I’d rather be in Buffalo with 20 and snow than the typical Atlanta winter weather of 42 degrees and raining. NASTY! 

If I have to chose between warm and cold, I take warm every time. My prayer is eventually we get a winter place in Sarasota, and the wife gets her “mountain house” in NC.  That’s what she’s always wanted, so it’s a great compromise. She deserves it. 

• Like (+1) 1

As I get older, I just love the heat more and more. Spent some time in Arizona (albeit in the Fall and Spring), and just loved the hot sun, 85-90 degree says, and blue cloudless skies. 

Love it in the summer when it is hot, you work up a sweat,  and then can just jump into the pool or lake to cool down. In western PA

though, it’s rare that we have real scorchers. Most of the summers lately have been low 70s for much of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

As I get older, I just love the heat more and more. Spent some time in Arizona (albeit in the Fall and Spring), and just loved the hot sun, 85-90 degree says, and blue cloudless skies. 

Love it in the summer when it is hot, you work up a sweat,  and then can just jump into the pool or lake to cool down. In western PA

though, it’s rare that we have real scorchers. Most of the summers lately have been low 70s for much of them. 

Jumping in the pool after a good sweat on a hot, sweltering day is an amazing pleasure. I don’t want to get banned by mentioning what it competes with, but it is an elite competitor for second place.  :)

But beef on weck at Shwable’s deserves a mention! 

25 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Agreed. All four beautiful fall days in WNY are awesome 

LOL. I am a Bills fan in NJ so I actually do get a fall season. Last year we really didn't even have a winter. I haven't used the snow blower the last 2 winters actually.

i can't get behind this.  any of this.  the hotter the better.  the january to may is such an awful run around here, that i'm outside as much as i can be from now until around november.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/6/2020 at 1:42 PM, Gugny said:

I will never understand how anyone could prefer a NY winter (especially WNY) over anything.  Every year, I hate winter more and more.

me too.  hate is not even strong enough of a word.  i'm stuck here for a while.

2 hours ago, teef said:

i can't get behind this.  any of this.  the hotter the better.  the january to may is such an awful run around here, that i'm outside as much as i can be from now until around november.

sunning those buns is hot.   

18 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Do you like melons during the summer?  

do you have a favorite? 

Oh, don’t waste your next thread on little old me! I’m blushing! 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

What I hate about this summer is all the snow knocking out the power. I mean seriously this is Laramie Wyoming we should be better prepared for this.

oh my, i thought you were joking...looks nasty!

Two complaints about Summer:

Allergies

The Pool:  My family loves it.  It is my sworn and mortal enemy.   Every moment not spent at my real job, or on my lawnmower is spent battling this 30 foot pain in my butt.   Spent an hour vacuuming it last night, woke up this morning to gunk settled in the center of it again.   I dont even enjoy the water at this point.

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Two complaints about Summer:

Allergies

The Pool:  My family loves it.  It is my sworn and mortal enemy.   Every moment not spent at my real job, or on my lawnmower is spent battling this 30 foot pain in my butt.   Spent an hour vacuuming it last night, woke up this morning to gunk settled in the center of it again.   I dont even enjoy the water at this point.

north...get one of the robot vacuums.  they're worth they're weight in gold.  you drop that sucker in, and let it do its thing.  i put mine on a 3 and a half hour clean, and it's perfect afterward...that's if it's really dirty.  testing the water is a bit of a pain, but i'm not vacuuming the pool myself.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, plenzmd1 said:

My annual tradition begins again. Stuck inside all day, tried to eat dinner outside at 7:45 and still too damn hot and humid. Inside season has begun! 

If you like summer, you are a freakazoid and prolly like sticks to your eyes too!

Lord, cant wait for late Septemeber already!

We (Virginians) have been stuck in a perpetual spring!!! 

We had (maybe) the first 90 degree and it was AFTER Memorial Day!! 

Maybe you should use him as your avatar 

hires_custom-9407414d6e47cacf19d48fe0f70

or we can call you Mr Schwetty Pants 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce