To kneel or not to kneel...

Would you take a knee and apologize if asked?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. If approached in public by a person or group asking you to kneel -- would you do it?

Just now, Warcodered said:

Ignoring whatever the ***** that first part is I do admit that as a white person I might of had things easier/less things in my way than if I wasn't and once again I'm not apologizing for being born white but I do think we should strive for equality.

You don't know what woke means? Ok....

Well, that answer might not be good enough. It seems to be a new trend going around that if your white, you need to apologize for your white privilege. You may not have a choice. 

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If I'd done something racist I'd apologize for it to the specific people I'd effected not just randomly. I'd kneel in solidarity against police brutality and systemic racism, I'm not going to kneel to apologize for being born a specific race.

You would do something racist that required an apology?

Like what?  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This young lady seems to have been born with virtually no survival instinct, and a stunning lack of self-esteem.  

I would politely decline, wish him well and be about my day.  

You're way too kind. But I respect your opinion and hope to be as self controlled as you if approached and ask to kneel. Your way is definitely the correct way to respond. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This young lady seems to have been born with virtually no survival instinct, and a stunning lack of self-esteem.  

he bullrushed her and didn't let her speak.

5 minutes ago, westside2 said:

You don't know what woke means? Ok....

Well, that answer might not be good enough. It seems to be a new trend going around that if your white, you need to apologize for your white privilege. You may not have a choice. 

It's not a new trend people have gone out and said stupid ***** for a very long time plenty seem to enjoy doing it on here.

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You would do something racist that required an apology?

Like what?  

IF  I was asked a question about apologizing with racial overtones so I gave a hypothetical of when I'd apologize.

Just now, westside2 said:

You're way too kind. But I respect your opinion and hope to be as self controlled as you if approached and ask to kneel. Your way is definitely the correct way to respond. 

Let me clarify.  My initial response to polite people is polite reply, and as he approached her he was polite.  My general response to being approached on a street by a guy with a camera would almost always, exclusively be "No thank you".  Sign a petition?  "No thank you!".  Ta;k about God?  "No thank you!".   I can't imagine I'd still be speaking as he suggested I kneel, at the minimum I would be three steps ahead trying to keep an eye on him in case things escalated.  Make no mistake, this strikes me as a very weird encounter and I'm not really down with that. 

Oh, on the central park lady who lost her ^%$# when the guy asked her to leash her dog.  Somewhere back I posted that while I thought she was crazy, the guy was a weirdo as well.  He confronts a lady about her dog being off leash (like he's the dog warden), then when she gets upset, he trie to lure her dog over to him with a treat.  I'm willing to bet any sensible woman in America would find her spidey senses tingling when a strange male of any color engages you and tries to get your dog over to him in a park.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ok Rhino, we have disagreed, but I see kneeling as a symbol that you understand not apology. I think people should be allowed to breath and if some folks feel they cannot, I suggest a symbol that you want to allow a breath is wonderful.

If you and I can find common ground then anythi g in the great country of the USA is possible 

How about less symbolism and more living lives with actual understanding and the golden rule?  Symbols mean nothing.  Actions mean something.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Say what??  How did he prevent her from speaking?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

How about less symbolism and more living lives with actual understanding and the golden rule?  Symbols mean nothing.  Actions mean something.  

***** the Golden Rule.  I don't care how you want to be treated.  I follow the Platinum Rule.  Treat me how I want to be treated. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Funny you should bring this up. I’m aware of what’s been going on , and I already have a planned response . It goes something like “ you want me to kneel ? And this happens before or after you _____ my _______. “ ( fill in the blanks) Lol, kinda hoping someone tries this with me. 

Mell, Kiss my Gritts 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's not a new trend people have gone out and said stupid ***** for a very long time plenty seem to enjoy doing it on here.

IF  I was asked a question about apologizing with racial overtones so I gave a hypothetical of when I'd apologize.

I'm not sure if she's your sister, if so, I apologize.

Yes, he approached her rapidly and 30 seconds later she was on her knees on a sidewalk singing the show tunes from his favorite Broadway musical.  That was my point about survival instincts. 

I have a daughter, mid-20s.  I would be devastated to learn I did such a sh*tty job as a father that an unknown male could approach her on a sidewalk, suggest she assume a submissive and defenseless position and have her comply all inside 15 seconds.  While simply walking away would have worked here, I encouraged my daughter to target weak points (consider the weapons you have (8 or 9 if unarmed) pop his eardrums, smash his nose with her forehead, grab his hair with force and bring his face to her knee, bite everything and anything necessary, scream like hell and fight like her life depended on it.   I also told her not to be ashamed to walk/run aggressively away from a situation where an unknown person approaches you anywhere, and not to be embarrassed if in doing so it turns out to be a second uncle once removed on her mother's side.  Any man worth his salt knows that approaching a random female in a parking lot or on a street can certainly appear threatening, 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yeah, seems like another indoctrinated individual. One of the sheep...

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

Mell, Kiss my Gritts 

Ha ha. Good show ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

A - freaking -men.

The golden rule...don't be a dick.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

***** the Golden Rule.  I don't care how you want to be treated.  I follow the Platinum Rule.  Treat me how I want to be treated. 

Well at least that is better than the golden shower rule.

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Because you're saying this

Which completely ignores that people are kneeling for other more legitimate reasons.

That’s meant to draw the distinction between those two different things, not conflating them. The video, and poll, is not about the anthem or kneeling. It’s about kneeling to apologize for your race — as asked in the video. 

Reading is hard.