To kneel or not to kneel...

Would you take a knee and apologize if asked?   

41 members have voted

1. 1. If approached in public by a person or group asking you to kneel -- would you do it?

BLM has disavowed this guy already -- but it remains a request asked of authorities and civilians at nearly every BLM protest the past few days. 

Curious to see what people here would do if asked to do the same... 

(This is not about kneeling during the anthem -- this is about kneeling in public as a means of apologizing for your race)

• Like (+1) 2

Funny you should bring this up. I’m aware of what’s been going on , and I already have a planned response . It goes something like “ you want me to kneel ? And this happens before or after you _____ my _______. “ ( fill in the blanks) Lol, kinda hoping someone tries this with me. 

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Funny you should bring this up. I’m aware of what’s been going on , and I already have a planned response . It goes something like “ you want me to kneel ? And this happens before or after you _____ my _______. “ ( fill in the blanks) Lol, kinda hoping someone tries this with me. 

fill my tires?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

fill my tires?

Hah hah hah . You can use whatever you want, but I’d suggest something with a bit more....impact. Trying to keep this a PG rated forum , lol 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

BLM has disavowed this guy already -- but it remains a request asked of authorities and civilians at nearly every BLM protest the past few days. 

(This is not about kneeling during the anthem -- this is about kneeling in public as a means of apologizing for your race)

yeah this isn't slanted at all. I'd say there is a big difference between being asked to kneel in solidarity against police brutality and this asshat trying to make a stupid video railroading past having an actual conversation with her.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

yeah this isn't slanted at all. I'd say there is a big difference between being asked to kneel in solidarity against police brutality and this asshat trying to make a stupid video railroading past having an actual conversation with her.

It's slanted... to draw a clear distinction between those two issues and make clear which one the poll is meant to address? 

How?

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's slanted... to draw a clear distinction between those two issues and make clear which one the poll is meant to address? 

How?

Because you're saying this

35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which completely ignores that people are kneeling for other more legitimate reasons.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Because you're saying this

Which completely ignores that people are kneeling for other more legitimate reasons.

Are you willing to kneel before black people and ask for forgiveness for your racism?

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

Are you willing to kneel before black people and ask for forgiveness for your racism?

If I'd done something racist I'd apologize for it to the specific people I'd effected not just randomly. I'd kneel in solidarity against police brutality and systemic racism, I'm not going to kneel to apologize for being born a specific race.

37 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Here's the fun part of this thread:

Paint my house?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

If I'd done something racist I'd apologize for it to the specific people I'd effected not just randomly. I'd kneel in solidarity against police brutality and systemic racism, I'm not going to kneel to apologize for being born a specific race.

Do you consider yourself woke? Are you willing to admit your white privilege and ask for forgiveness?

37 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ok Rhino, we have disagreed, but I see kneeling as a symbol that you understand not apology. I think people should be allowed to breath and if some folks feel they cannot, I suggest a symbol that you want to allow a breath is wonderful.

If you and I can find common ground then anythi g in the great country of the USA is possible 

38 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Get my kneepads?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

Do you consider yourself woke? Are you willing to admit your white privilege and ask for forgiveness?

Ignoring whatever the ***** that first part is I do admit that as a white person I might of had things easier/less things in my way than if I wasn't and once again I'm not apologizing for being born white but I do think we should strive for equality.

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This young lady seems to have been born with virtually no survival instinct, and a stunning lack of self-esteem.  

I would politely decline, wish him well and be about my day.  

• Thank you (+1) 2