Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

Woah woah woah I make a post about tre and its 99% team related gets locked i get a warning like we can keep the world news out of these forums now today we got 28 pages about Jake $@$#@$ Fromm??

To be fair I’m not a mod, but your thread had no context or news to it whatsoever so I can see why it was locked. 
Fromm was national news today with a lot of headlines and viewpoints. Tre’s tweet wasn’t really newsworthy and vague. He plays shadow games without actually ever saying anything. 

Was not a fan of the Fromm pick to begin with, I would have taken OG Muti from Fresno St. The guy is a beast. Fromm was a wasted pick and I think he will be let go.

To the people saying his text is being taken out of context. In what context would saying guns should be very expensive so only elite white people could afford them not be offensively racist?

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Was not a fan of the Fromm pick to begin with, I would have taken OG Muti from Fresno St. The guy is a beast. Fromm was a wasted pick and I think he will be let go.

To the people saying his text is being taken out of context. In what context would saying guns should be very expensive so only elite white people could afford them not be offensively racist?

In the context that it was clearly an innocuous joke.

If you're the kind of person who wants to take away a kid's dreams and livelihood over that, you probably aren't in a position to be judging anyone's moral character.

13 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Why are you also taking things out of context? He never said only white people should have guns

He said only elite white people should have silencers. Meaning he was also classing out 97% of the white race because 97% of whites arent elitists

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

In the context that it was clearly an innocuous joke.

If you're the kind of person who wants to take away a kid's dreams and livelihood over that, you probably aren't in a position to be judging anyone's moral character.

I am not advocating for his dismissal, I just think he will be. I didn't like the pick when it happened and if he is let go I like it even less.

How was it 'clearly' an innocuous joke? 

OMG, I just arrived at this post and already 28 pages ....and counting.  

I wish we could do a background investigation of everyone doing the finger pointing now ... I’m sure everyone would have a stain on their record .....and then (based on the so called “standard” many on this board have) we could all be jobless.  What a miserable bunch of people; finding joy by only wishing hate and destruction for each other.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I see a lot of dropped passes coming in pre season.

Jake Fromm goes 1 for 16 for 3 yards...

Bills' Positional Priorities: September Edition – Bills Mafia ...

Pass GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Eh probably not he's working for the backup QB spot he's bound to be working with WRs who can't afford to drop passes just because they don't like the QB throwing them.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Let’s cancel every person who has said something stupid, insensitive, out of touch, or just down right offensive at any point in their lives...

Thanos snap everybody out of existence who has ever said anything offensive in private conversation, and I guarantee we lose a whole lot more than 50% of the world’s population.

In theory Thanos was correct...you can maybe question his methods

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

So you want to get rid of one of the best corners in the game because he doesn't represent Buffalo colors in his tweets and said his college coach was his best coach? 

That BS is irrelevant, but let's make one thing clear:

The Buffalo Bills > Tre White

Root for the uniform, not the player.

IF (not if, but IF) any player becomes more of a problem for the team than they are worth (ie. Ruben Brown, Eric Moulds), they can get the ***** out of town.

It’s very, very difficult to determine whether apologies like Fromm’s and Brees’ are sincere.  I tend to put merit in the notion that most apologies come because the offender was “caught” and not because they truly recognize their error.  Brees is going to be given the benefit of the doubt because of who he is, as well as his record of service in the community.  I don’t know how Fromm “proves” his sincerity; he certainly has an uphill climb.  Does cutting him solve anything though?  I’m not talking about the Buffalo Bills football team here, because Fromm wasn’t going to play a significant role for any foreseeable future (and might not even make the team).  I’m talking about the notion that we give people an opportunity to redeem themselves and learn from mistakes.  As Leslie Frazier said, the locker room will be able to sift what’s real from what’s not.  If the Bills cut him, so be it, but I generally believe that knee-jerk reactions are not the way to go.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What problems is Tre white causingfor the team? 

This is laughable. Fromm says some unbelievably racist ***** and Tre White tweets his displeasure towards it and he's the problem? 

Give me break. You cut Fromm right now if it's between him and Tre.

You are right. They aren't... gotta see how it plays out, but I can't imagine them changing their mind about him. 

And what Brees said doesn't compare to what Fromm said....

White is not the problem, but IF he continues to say or do things detrimental to the team, he can become A problem.

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Such as what? 

Such as not knowing his role and shutting his mouth.

If there are any other issues (or non-issues, like this one with Fromm), the Bills will handle it.

Edited by Rico

Jake Fromm and Drew Brees should have sexually assaulted a woman instead. They wouldnt have received any backlash from other players. 

I think all of the players who are attacking these guys should turn their phones in. I'm sure their texts have never strayed of the righteous path.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s very, very difficult to determine whether apologies like Fromm’s and Brees’ are sincere.  I tend to put merit in the notion that most apologies come because the offender was “caught” and not because they truly recognize their error.  Brees is going to be given the benefit of the doubt because of who he is, as well as his record of service in the community.  I don’t know how Fromm “proves” his sincerity; he certainly has an uphill climb.  Does cutting him solve anything though?  I’m not talking about the Buffalo Bills football team here, because Fromm wasn’t going to play a significant role for any foreseeable future (and might not even make the team).  I’m talking about the notion that we give people an opportunity to redeem themselves and learn from mistakes.  As Leslie Frazier said, the locker room will be able to sift what’s real from what’s not.  If the Bills cut him, so be it, but I generally believe that knee-jerk reactions are not the way to go.

What did Brees get "caught" doing?  He made public statements during an interview.  He made (off-topic and tone deaf) comments about disrespecting the flag and etc in a discussion about police brutality vs black Americans.  He no doubt holds the thoughts he shared---as well as the elaboration that followed.

Fromm was speaking frankly to a friend his true thoughts in private (he assumed).  2 days ago, do you think he felt his past comments in that conversation were "mistakes"?

No.  This is how this kid thinks.  He can't "redeem" himself to a locker room full of guys who have never met him before.  He can say what he feels will get him out of trouble, but this is who he is and Leslie Frazier and his Gandhi quotes aren't going to change him.

As to Billsfan692's points about Tre, I cannot speak anything about his instagram posts or other social media inclinations.

But from my uninformed spot in the cyber-world when Beane made the comment about "Well if a guy wants to play in Louisiana there is only so much you can do about that."  my intuition immediately told me that he was talking about Tre White.  

On the hand I did see a blurb where he told Jamal Adams that the Bills Fans were the best when Jamal was saying he would have to go somewhere else to get paid

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What did Brees get "caught" doing?  He made public statements during an interview.  He made (off-topic and tone deaf) comments about disrespecting the flag and etc in a discussion about police brutality vs black Americans.  He no doubt holds the thoughts he shared---as well as the elaboration that followed.

Fromm was speaking frankly to a friend his true thoughts in private (he assumed).  2 days ago, do you think he felt his past comments in that conversation were "mistakes"?

No.  This is how this kid thinks.  He can't "redeem" himself to a locker room full of guys who have never met him before.  He can say what he feels will get him out of trouble, but this is who he is and Leslie Frazier and his Gandhi quotes aren't going to change him.

Brees got "caught" in his failure to understand that a silent protest during the national anthem has nothing to do with "disrespecting the flag."  He still doesn't get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Because Allen was 15 and using “n*ggas” while sophomorically quoting rap lyrics, a genre he appears to be a big fan of? Huge difference between a young kid doing that and a Bible-Belt holier-than-thou type (look it up) *actually implying that whites are a more elite people* (regardless of whether he was joking or not). It is figuratively apples and oranges. 

Thanks.

The Josh Allen thing was absurd. He quoted a Modern Family episode and hip hop lyrics on Twitter. He called teams personally to set the record straight and his teammates (all of them) absolutely love him.

You can’t tell me that a locker room with outspoken guys like Tre, Dawkins, LorAx, Shady, etc wouldn’t have put him on blast immediately if he harbored even a scintilla of racism as a 22 year old entering the league.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

He seems to be joking about being an elite white person. Bad form and bad timing. What if Josh's "if it ain't white, it ain't right" tweet just got leaked? Would we have to cut him too? How is this different? Before you judge, think about if every one of your texts got made public, would there be anything to talk about? He made a mistake.  He took ownership and apologized. Forgive and move on imo. 

Big difference bro. I’m Black and though I may not think like the majority of us a lot of the time, I feel like Josh saying ‘If It Ain’t White It Ain’t Right, how is that any different than a black person like myself saying "Once you go Black,  You Never Go Back" There is nothing wrong in saying somethings in jess in a playful manor. What Fromm said crossed the line cause not only did he include Race into it he also included Social Class to basically say, if you are not White and Privileged then you should not own guns. That to me that is basic slave master mentality. 

That’s speaks to me not only how he views himself but how he views people not like him. I would cut him yesterday if not for the optics alone. I love Josh Allen and I try to look at context in a situation , which with Josh I looked at the person in totality and took his age and other factors like things I read about him being a good teammate and tried to put myself in his shoes and I felt comfortable in giving him the benefit of the doubt and Josh has been nothing but great On and OFF the field, BUT in light of the Fromm situation the LAST thing you want to have is the optics of the BILLS organization be comfortable with drafting White racist QB’s and for that reason alone like I said I would have cut Fromm yesterday.

Edited by Protocal69
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1