Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

52 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition

Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition

And we'll all stay free

@C.Biscuit97

It's an actual song and known to any Fallout fans. 

so kind of an inside joke. 

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s the next Drew Brees! What a steal by Beane. 

BRAVO!!!!!!!!   :worthy:

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

That apology is good enough for me and about what this warranted.  If his teammates are okay with this (big if), then this is over as far as I'm concerned.  I'll feel differently if I hear otherwise from his teammates.

Agree, and if his teammates have a heart they should accept the mistakes of a young man and recommend that as a player he takes up a

community cause to right his wrong.  Apologies are fine but actions speak louder.  

Jake giving time to serve with something like the Delevan Grinder Community Center could right the wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delavan-Grider-Community-Center/227548500590661

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Apparently jakes sister texted that the Bills might cut him - texting to the girl/idiot who publicized Jake’s text

Certainly not excusing Jake's text, whether sarcastic or not, but how vengeful and horrible of a person do you have to be to leak that text, especially right now.  

As someone who has been agreeing with BLM for years and supported Kaep's kneeling, I can also say that cancel culture is a cancer and I hope Jake isn't subject to that over what is clearly an attempt to end his career by some terrible person.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't think they should cut him based on private text message he made before being drafted.

Listen, the system needs to change but people are still free to have their own opinions. Hopefully this changes his opinions and he becomes a strong voice against racism.

Honestly all it is right now is a stupid joke a kid made. I'd be fine if they kept him but it does make sense to get a feel for how the locker room feels because if they feel it would disrupt it I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to cut a backup QB to avoid disrupting the team's cohesion.

Edited by Warcodered

It’s interesting, during the lead up to the draft, one major news outlet (can’t recall which) basically was insisting that the “Jake Fromm is a great leader with off-the-charts intangibles” was all agent-driven nonsense.  Now there’s more smoke.  Let’s see what else emerges - if this is all of it, he probably survives.  If there’s even a whiff of more, he’s probably not worth the trouble.  Again: his ENTIRE SKILLSET is his intangibles.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Just now, JESSEFEFFER said:

As a fairly average, somewhat struggling, middle aged, definitely nonelite white guy, I am only moderately offended.

Offense is the coin of the realm today.  You need to get more offended, or be left behind

The optics of this are incredibly bad. That being said, if someone captured a snippet of a text that I had when I was 20 years old, they may have been able to make me look really bad under certain circumstances. I really am not sure what his intention was and whether it was a joke or not. It was in bad taste, that we cannot argue, but I’m not sure that this isn’t just someone seeking fame and looking to ruin someone else’s career and, quite possibly, life.

I wonder, as we as a society continue to evolve, what will people in the future think of todays use of Twitter/ Facebook/ Instagram?    I just don't understand the need people have to share their life, their opinions, and their thoughts with so many people (including strangers) and at such a high frequency. 

I get that these applications started out as fun ways to communicate  but what drives this need for attention, praise, and validation?  

• Like (+1) 4

This is bad.  The timing obviously is terrible.  But it’s vastly different from Allen’s social media issue a couple of years ago.  

What Allen said was dumb, but was fairly and fairly obviously characterized as a bad joke. 

What Fromm said has terrible undertones.  Only “elite whites” should be able to get silencers is what I understand him to have said.  Not “only elites,” but only white people with money.  And only white people with money should have access to a particular type (and, arguably, a particularly dangerous type) of weaponry.  This, of course, after what we as a society agree was at “best” the homicide of an unarmed black man by police in Minnesota about a week ago, and maybe at worst the broad daylight lynching of that man.  

I don’t believe in cancel culture, and I don’t believe that one dumb mistake in choice of words should ruin someone’s life.  But this is really bad, and ultimately it will be up to the locker room whether the kid sticks around. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t believe in cancel culture, and I don’t believe that one dumb mistake in choice of words should ruin someone’s life.

I think the idea of "cancel culture" is pretty overblown. Whose life has been ruined by a dumb mistake in choice of words? Maybe there are a handful of folks but I cannot think of one.

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

I think the idea of "cancel culture" is pretty overblown. Whose life has been ruined by a dumb mistake in choice of words? Maybe there are a handful of folks but I cannot think of one.

I don’t think cancel culture pertains only to choice of words, but Al Franken leaps to mind as someone who got the bum’s rush over one stupid moment in his life. 

• Like (+1) 1