Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Still... It leaked. And he said some horribly ignorant stuff... at a really bad time.

He's gotta do some serious damage control to try and save his career.  He was fringe material before this, now ur own teammates see who you can be behind closed doors. Like... An apology is huge, a personal change is huger. Especially after the stuff McDermott said in his presser.

Was it said at a bad time, or leaked at a bad time?

Edited by Mr_Robotulism
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dneveu said:

And he said some horribly ignorant stuff... at a really bad time.

He said it last year, it wasn't a comment on the current political climate. Honestly if we are going to punish young 20 year olds for everything they say in private then the whole world might as well be punished. The girl who leaked this should be ashamed.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You think they have to sign Cam Newton if we cut our 3rd string, 5th round draft pick QB?  Seems like a huge leap...

It does, but knowing the media they could make it out that the Bills are the bad guys. Might be a PC move to make everyone happy. It’s unfortunate but that’s the world we live in now

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

In the follow up text she tells the other girl that this is a teaching moment. She just ruined this guy's career.  Hell of a lesson. 

No Jake is ruining his own career. It’s an important distinction. Hold him accountable for his words, not the one who made them public. 

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'll admit I've had personal text conversations where I've made very off-color jokes to my friends. It's not right that this was leaked and I don't take it as a statement on who Fromm is as a person. I'm sure everyone here has said something in private that would destroy their career if it was made public.

Something based on gender or race? Maybe as a dumb teenager or in their early 20s with very minimal life experience, but as an adult? Might want to reevaluate that "everyone" and change it to some people or a few people.

Now, I mean have I done things outside of work that potentially could have gotten me in trouble at work if it went viral...sure, I'm 100% with you there, but non satirical off color jokes about race or gender...nah, probably not the norm honestly.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

he needs to apologize. that's it move on.  michael thomas accepted drew brees' apology. 

BUT...Drew Brees didn't say anything "wrong", he shared his PERSONAL experience and deep meaning with the anthem and why its important to him to stand.  His mistake, was projecting that meaning on to others as if they should feel the same, and his biggest mistake was the poor timing and lack of social awareness.  What Fromm said was SUBSTANTIALLY worse and literally quite racist...even if he claims he was joking, which we all know is inevitably coming.  Everyone knows Brees isnt racist, but now Fromm appears to believe he is a white elite with special privileges.  

Plus...Fromm...questionable NFL player at this stage...Brees one of the GOATS with a LONG history of giving and supporting his community which has a rich and deep African American population, culture, and history.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It's obviously a joke. A dumb joke and insensitive, but people say dumb things in private text conversations all the time.

If he gets fired for this it shows what a backward world we live in. Getting fired for a private joke made in a private conversation?

I guess Drew Brees should get fired for saying people shouldn't kneel during the anthem. Josh Allen should get fired for the tweets he sent as a teenager.

And I am totally on board with the cause against police brutality and believe that African Americans have it much worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now I am sure teams already knew this. They would have easily uncovered it and could be the very reason he was falling like a rock

I don't know this isn't from his twitter or social media it's a private text conversation.

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He said it last year, it wasn't a comment on the current political climate. Honestly if we are going to punish young 20 year olds for everything they say in private then the whole world might as well be punished. The girl who leaked this should be ashamed.

he deserves some blowback and serious conversations. How he handles those would be a major test of whether he stays.

• Like (+1) 4