Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

13 hours ago, GregPersons said:

I'm not the person you asked, but I can help you see this distinction.

Candace Owens is a better example because she is a Black woman, she is incredibly articulate and intelligent, and also unbelievably racist. What a way to make a living. Dave Chappelle's new special mocks her repeatedly, it's hilarious. 

Shapiro sucks because he is advocating for racism. He says he isn't, and that he couldn't, because he is Jewish. Anybody can be racist. 

"Racist" and "racism" are misunderstood. The best understanding is the more recent definition that includes the inherent structural element. Racist refers to actions that uphold the white supremacy / slavery legacy of America and continue to uphold white supremacist values. 

The idea of hate in your heart based on a person's identity, racial or otherwise, is prejudice. That's similar but different. Black people can be prejudiced against White people. Black people can be racist against Black people. But it's impossible to be racist to White people (and who is "White" btw? Are Jewish people, or Irish? Depends on when; it's a fictional and evolving concept; it's a form of control) because nothing you do -- whatever that is, worst thing imaginable, doesn't matter -- nothing you can do can remove The Effect Of History That Led To This Present Status Quo.   Which means, nothing can remove the many inherent biases that we are aware of, and the countless ones we are not aware of, that nevertheless have an impact on us. The generational wealth and opportunities to education & healthcare and so on are some of just many examples that White people are born with as default. 

This is somewhat confusing, but not really. Language evolves. Racial langauge in particular because "race" is not literally real. It's a concept, a framework. It's a lie that's been believed for generations. 

It comes down to this. 

A) This country was built on lies and that affects us today

B) Black people are inherently inferior and/or White people are inherently superior

Pick one

This is how the PC movement takes advantage of cognitive association to artificially dictate standards of morality through manipulation of language.

The word "racist" has a very negative association because when you first heard it you likely associated it with images of innocent people being beaten, subjugated, tortured, or killed for no other reason than how they looked.

It was probably deeply disturbing and troubled you for some time. That emotion is forever tied to that word for you. That's how the human mind works.

Imagine the difference if your first association with the word "racism" had been linked to the image of a white woman unintentionally offending a black man by politely telling him he speaks well, and thus implying that she assumed, based on his appearance, that he was inarticulate. 

It's hard, if not impossible, because you already have your associations, but if you could you'd realize that in scenario 2 you may think the woman should be more thoughtful, but you certainly wouldn't have the traumatic visceral reaction to it, and you certainly wouldn't think she was evil. But under the new definition she'd be a "racist".

If the latter example was your baseline emotional association with the word "racism," you wouldn't necessarily think that badly of someone based solely on the accusation of "racism" without more.

The PC movement knows the association is the former, and not the latter and takes advantage of that. They re-define words to expand the definition to encompass things that are not terribly egregious, but as long as they can fit them into the same category, they will be perceived as such.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

This is how the PC movement takes advantage of cognitive association to artificially dictate standards of morality through manipulation of language.

The word "racist" has a very negative association because when you first heard it you likely associated it with images of innocent people being beaten, subjugated, tortured, or killed for no other reason than how they looked.

It was probably deeply disturbing and troubled you for some time. That emotion is forever tied to that word for you. That's how the human mind works.

Imagine the difference if your first association with the word "racism" had been linked to the image of a white woman unintentionally offending a black man by politely telling him he speaks well, and thus implying that she assumed, based on his appearance, that he was inarticulate. 

It's hard, if not impossible, because you already have your associations, but if you could you'd realize that in scenario 2 you may think the woman should be more thoughtful, but you certainly wouldn't have the traumatic visceral reaction to it, and you certainly wouldn't think she was evil. But under the new definition she'd be a "racist".

If the latter example was your baseline emotional association with the word "racism," you wouldn't necessarily think that badly of someone based solely on the accusation of "racism" without more.

The PC movement knows the association is the former, and not the latter and takes advantage of that. They re-define words to expand the definition to encompass things that are not terribly egregious, but as long as they can fit them into the same category, they will be perceived as such.

And just when we thought we had read it all, along comes an un-ironic post about how the 'PC movement' has 'artificially dictate(d) standards of morality through manipulation of language' that itself attempts to redefine the term racism. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

And just when we thought we had read it all, along comes an un-ironic post about how the 'PC movement' has 'artificially dictate(d) standards of morality through manipulation of language' that itself attempts to redefine the term racism. 

Actually, his post was spot on. Just like when Joe Biden said “I  mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. ..we’d consider that racist today. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Actually, his post was spot on. Just like when Joe Biden said “I  mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. ..we’d consider that racist today. 

We would, and his post argued the opposite.

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

So Biden is racis?

That's beyond the scope of what I consider relevant to the post in question. Or the thread topic at hand for that matter. Suffice to say his (Biden's) comment is similar in nature to the one expressed in the post I quoted, and would personally consider an example of racism, albeit not overtly so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

That's beyond the scope of what I consider relevant to the post in question. Or the thread topic at hand for that matter. Suffice to say his (Biden's) comment is similar in nature to the one expressed in the post I quoted, and would personally consider an example of racism, albeit not overtly so.

Double standard. I get it. 

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And three of his brother officers watched and at best interpretation, did not intervene.   Meanwhile in a pinnacle of tone-deaf word choice, the head of the MPD union is saying the officers were all "unjustly terminated without due process".  Can we agree it's more than just a single "cretin ex-cop" involved in this?

I'm interested in the soaring crime stats in NYC and other places though - would you be willing to point me at a couple sources I could access?  Thanks in advance.

How is this for starters?

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/06/11/nypd-latest-crime-statistics-

Were you being serious? What do you think is happening in NYC and around the country right now? Communists, anarchists, and just plain criminals have been given a green light by Mayor Wilhelm and Adolph Cuomo to loot.

Remember, the dems in NYS recently enacted "bail reform." Did you really not know about this? They emptied out the jails (to include sex offenders) BEFORE the riots, and issued them Dunkin' Donuts gift cards and Met Tickets. Some were even put up in fancy hotels to keep them safe from covid19.  Even before the riots they were getting re-arrested right and left. 

I am really not being snide HBF. Forgive me if I sound as such, but; are you telling me that you doubt that crime is up in NY? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Love the idea that language doesn't change with race. Why aren't we seeing anyone saying the N word? That was an acceptable standard objective definition for a long time. But "racist" doesn't mean "racist" because it hurts your feelings. 

Mentioned it before but its always fun how  "Politically correct" — which just means basic respect for another person's identity — is only an issue (and only called "PC") when it's an identity you can't imagine respecting. It's not "PC" to you to insist on respect for the Confederate flag. That's "history" and "heritage." 

This isn't you being "hypocritical." You were just right before, and right in the future, and right in any conceivable conversation imaginable. Even when you're wrong, you're right.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2020/06/11/nypd-latest-crime-statistics-

Were you being serious? What do you think is happening in NYC and around the country right now? Communists, anarchists, and just plain criminals have been given a green light by Mayor Wilhelm and Adolph Cuomo to loot.

Remember, the dems in NYS recently enacted "bail reform." Did you really not know about this? They emptied out the jails (to include sex offenders) BEFORE the riots, and issued them Dunkin' Donuts gift cards and Met Tickets. Some were even put up in fancy hotels to keep them safe from covid19.  Even before the riots they were getting re-arrested right and left. 

I am really not being snide HBF. Forgive me if I sound as such, but; are you telling me that you doubt that crime is up in NY? 

To be fair, most people would consider Mets tickets punishment.  It's borderline cruel and unusual.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

By the way, they were also handed 50 dollar debit cards, which they quickly used on cigarettes and beer. This prompted community complaints but believe it or not, on this issue I sided with the criminals lol.  I mean seriously, did folks think that they were going to buy bibles? They were given the cards and this means that the cards were their property.  

NY is in very sad shape imo. :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

By the way, they were also handed 50 dollar debit cards, which they quickly used on cigarettes and beer. This prompted community complaints but believe it or not, on this issue I sided with the criminals lol.  I mean seriously, did folks think that they were going to buy bibles? They were given the cards and this means that the cards were their property.  

I hate this liberal state. Just the other day Cuomo said that police should be holding looters and rioters in jail despite him making that literally impossible. It's all just a game of catch and release now.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Come on Bill.  You got sensitive with me for making short jokes and you post this garbage?  You really compared Cuomo to Hitler?  This is embarrassing Bill and I know you are much, much, much better than this.  You should Get did of this, even if you disagree with their policies.  Awful.

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Well hopefully now, cops won’t kill a guy by putting him in a choke hold because of cigarettes now.

56 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I hate this liberal state. Just the other day Cuomo said that police should be holding looters and rioters in jail despite him making that literally impossible. It's all just a game of catch and release now.

To quote the Trump people after he got elected, if you don’t love it, leave it. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Come on Bill.  You got sensitive with me for making short jokes and you post this garbage?  You really compared Cuomo to Hitler?  This is embarrassing Bill and I know you are much, much, much better than this.  You should Get did of this, even if you disagree with their policies.  Awful.

Well hopefully now, cops won’t kill a guy by putting him in a choke hold because of cigarettes now.

To quote the Trump people after he got elected, if you don’t love it, leave it. 

Pure poetry. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4