Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

6 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I'll say this.  I've looked into getting a silencer because although i live in the middle of nowhere, and I have literally hundreds of acres behind me with a very safe 300' hill to shoot into, i know the sound can be heard by my neighbors.  Nobody has ever complained, and in fact I've had them over to shoot.  Even with that, i'd still rather they didn't have to hear it at all.  Alas, living here in the Idiot Kingdom of Prince Andrew's New York, it's 100% a non-starter.  For the states where the 2A still applies, there's a mile long list you have to go through, and spend a fair amount of money, and wade your way through the Federal BATF.  It's a huge PITA.  I think a big reason for that is that non-gun people tend to think of silencers like they are portrayed in Hollywood where you can shoot high caliber pistols and hear nothing more than a whisper.  What they actually do is reduce the noise level by ~25 decibels.  It's really not that much, maybe 20-30% of the total volume depending on a few variables, but does take the sharp edge off the report, to where a couple thousand feet away it'll be a soft snap instead of a hard crack

The reason I say all this is because although you don't have to be an 'elite' person, white or otherwise, you certainly have to have the time, money, patience, and societal wherewithal to grind through the process.  I can accept the substitution of the word 'elite' for all that because most 20 year olds don't have any of those things in sufficient quantity to actually follow through on this sort of thing.  Should have have said 'elite white'?  no, in retrospect I'm sure he would agree it was a poor choice of words.  Is it an accurate assessment of who can actually procure silencers today?  Yes, pretty much, if only somewhat exaggerated.  I'd say that's the larger problem than some dumb 20 year old sharing his thoughts with some young woman looking for her 15 minutes of fame.  Mr Fromm is going to have to grow up real fast and learn not to trust anyone around him.  I hope that anyone else around this young woman realizes that she will absolutely betray their trust if she thinks she can gain some slight advantage to herself.  As far as personal failings, I'd put that much higher than what Fromm said, but society isn't convulsing over personal morality right now, but rather over performative absolution for sins of others rather than keeping our own houses in order.

Anyway, off my soapbox now, try the veal and so on

That sounds like a huge problem.  Are you okay?

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just looked her up.  I don’t want to disparage someone’s wife but you need to get out more if you think she’s hot.  I mean she’s hot for a dwarf like him I guess.

So you’re outraged that people judge others by the color of their skin—something they can’t control—but you find it completely appropriate to call someone that you don’t know a midget dwarf with an ugly wife?

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

So you’re outraged that people judge others by the color of their skin—something they can’t control—but you find it completely appropriate to call someone that you don’t know a midget dwarf with an ugly wife?

And?  ?

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

you realize who you're dealing with...right?

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Where in my post did I say she was ugly?  By saying Someone isn’t hot, that means she’s ugly?  I never once said anything like that. 

but honestly if your whole career is being super judgmental and acting superior to others, You open yourself open to judgement.  

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Where in my post did I say she was ugly?  By saying Someone isn’t hot, that means she’s ugly?  I never once said anything like that. 

but honestly if your whole career is being super judgmental and acting superior to others, You open yourself open to judgement.  

So someone’s personality makes it acceptable to insult/demean/judge them on their appearance?

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

you may be the most judgmental person on this board.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Billl said:

That sounds like a huge problem.  Are you okay?

Finding it hard to follow ? I felt it was well thought out, but a view that many can't relate to or understand. Fromm was/is a knucklehead but I'm just happy that no other players, media or people on this board  have ever had bigoted thoughts or actions in their past. Virtue Signaling is becoming the #1 sport in the country. Go Bills-----> Win1B4IDie

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

So someone’s personality makes it acceptable to insult/demean/judge them on their appearance?

To a certain extent.  If you go around preaching about the war on drugs, while you’re popping pills like Rush, you open your self up to criticism.  If you preach family values like Sarah Palin, while your daughter is getting knocked up by multiple dudes and your son is beating up your husband, you deserve to be criticized.  The little (cause he’s small) I know about Sharili is he loves to look down on others.  So he opens himself up for the criticism.  And once again, I never said his wife was ugly.  I simply said she’s not hot.  Really don’t see what the big deal is.

and for the record, I have done a million dumb things and will continue to.  JMO.  

20 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Finding it hard to follow ? I felt it was well thought out, but a view that many can't relate to or understand. Fromm was/is a knucklehead but I'm just happy that no other players, media or people on this board  have ever had bigoted thoughts or actions in their past. Virtue Signaling is becoming the #1 sport in the country. Go Bills-----> Win1B4IDie

It’s interesting all the people who are like I used to drop the n word (or things like that when I was kid), what’s the big deal? I know this is strange to some but not every human being is raised like that.  

but again, it’s not a mistake that should ruin his life. I think his biggest issue is he’s not that good.   He should say he is going to kneel during the anthem and really make snowflakes heads explode.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 6/9/2020 at 3:00 PM, brooklynbill said:

Oh my reading comprehension skills are just fine.  It got me a college degree, fully paid house and 401k that is flooded. The language I struggle with is dog whistling. Surely you know of what I speak

smh 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

To a certain extent.  If you go around preaching about the war on drugs, while you’re popping pills like Rush, you open your self up to criticism.  If you preach family values like Sarah Palin, while your daughter is getting knocked up by multiple dudes and your son is beating up your husband, you deserve to be criticized.  The little (cause he’s small) I know about Sharili is he loves to look down on others.  So he opens himself up for the criticism.  And once again, I never said his wife was ugly.  I simply said she’s not hot.  Really don’t see what the big deal is.

and for the record, I have done a million dumb things and will continue to.  JMO.  

It’s interesting all the people who are like I used to drop the n word (or things like that when I was kid), what’s the big deal? I know this is strange to some but not every human being is raised like that.  

but again, it’s not a mistake that should ruin his life. I think his biggest issue is he’s not that good.   He should say he is going to kneel during the anthem and really make snowflakes heads explode.  

So let me ask this: if Shapiro were, say, a black man, would it be okay to criticize his skin color because of his personality, or is it strictly other physical traits that are okay to insult because you don’t like his personality?

I think the point that you aren’t getting is that it’s either okay to criticize someone based on a part of their appearance over which they have zero control or it isn’t. Pick one.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:22 PM, Bangarang said:

Cops doing their jobs well doesn't make for a good story. 

I don't know if this is true, and I searched and can not find it.  I read once that 80% of the police "excessive force" complaints arise from 5% of the officers.  Now I grant that others have made the point that many excessive force complaints may not be justified

But still, if true...

I can't get over the fact that 3 officers observing the goings-on failed to tell the guy "Enough already, get your knee off his neck".

Same dynamic in a number of situations here - Luther Hall for one.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/10/2020 at 12:53 PM, K-9 said:

Cops doing their job well is a basic requirement and expectation of the public they’re sworn to serve and protect.

It's sort of like being an Air Traffic Controller.  If you do your job well, you pass almost unnoticed.  If you really "make an impact", a lot of people are having a very bad day.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if this is true, and I searched and can not find it.  I read once that 80% of the police "excessive force" complaints arise from 5% of the officers.  Now I grant that others have made the point that many excessive force complaints may not be justified

But still, if true...

I can't get over the fact that 3 officers observing the goings-on failed to tell the guy "Enough already, get your knee off his neck".

Same dynamic in a number of situations here - Luther Hall for one.

FWIW 2 of the officers involved were only on the job for 3 and 4 days respectively. They should have intervened but I understand why they didn't. Tough for a guy in his first week to tell his training officer of 19 years that he's doing something wrong.

On an unrelated note, I once got a complaint from someone who was upset that I didn't give him a speeding ticket. It was a few weeks before Christmas so I figured I'd give the guy a break for going nearly 25 mph over the speed limit. Apparently I was wrong ?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's sort of like being an Air Traffic Controller.  If you do your job well, you pass almost unnoticed.  If you really "make an impact", a lot of people are having a very bad day.

Like an offensive lineman if we want to keep things football related 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

FWIW 2 of the officers involved were only on the job for 3 and 4 days respectively. They should have intervened but I understand why they didn't. Tough for a guy in his first week to tell his training officer of 19 years that he's doing something wrong.

Oh, wow, I did not catch that.

A similar dynamic was involved in the Jason Stockley shooting of Anthony Lamar Smith.  He was a training officer, and his partner was very new.