Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're a Brave Man.  You couldn't pay me to voluntarily place a body part or clothing other than shoesoles in contact with a stadium floor surface

My humanity mean more to me any friggin stadium surface. People are out there risking corona because they are things worth dying for.

Edited by brooklynbill

12 hours ago, westside2 said:

What Fromm and Brees said is mild to what Biden has said numerous times. Why is Biden given a pass? 

I don't Condon racism, but I don't believe what Brees said was racist. Fromm, that's another story. He's young and I hope he learns from it. 

Do Black Lives Matter? 

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Yeah, but have they ever made an insensitive joke that someone could easily misinterpret as racist? Because even if that’s not what Fromm meant, that’s the danger of declaring him an unabashed racist. 

I don’t know if he’s a racist, and Lorax has a reasonable approach.  But man, what Fromm said is awful.  He’s talking about limiting certain dangerous weaponry to whites people.  I didn’t get “joke” from that context, and neither did the recipient.   At best it’s a bad look that will be dealt with rather uncomfortably on the field in August. 

48 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you actually read those 50 pages, you would see that predominantly, they consist of people with rather different views trying pretty hard to talk to each other and stay civil.

In that context, your .gif is about as useful as t*ts on a boar hog

SNAP :-))))) love it... Concur

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're a Brave Man.  You couldn't pay me to voluntarily place a body part or clothing other than shoesoles in contact with a stadium floor surface

I agree, I have seen so many people with funnels and tubing down their leg. They just drink 10 beer and never use the bathroom. That's not even counting all the vomit.

30 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Do Black Lives Matter? 

I don’t know if he’s a racist, and Lorax has a reasonable approach.  But man, what Fromm said is awful.  He’s talking about limiting certain dangerous weaponry to whites people.  I didn’t get “joke” from that context, and neither did the recipient.   At best it’s a bad look that will be dealt with rather uncomfortably on the field in August. 

Good lord man! Don't overreact. Of course black lives matter. All lives matter.

11 hours ago, brooklynbill said:

Yes I too would love to see the double blind randomized study that you conducted in the black community. You studied 24 million blacks but left me, my family and most of friends out. I feel slighted.

Just to be clear, you weren't talking to me as "you" above were you?  I believe it was @Rob's House who said a survey showed 50% of blacks didn't feel racism had a major effect on their lives.  I would love to see that survey.

It doesn't have to be double blind or randomized; I just want to see something showing the study, design and the data.  Because anyone can come up and say anything, doesn't make it true.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd appreciate your time to find the survey you stated about 50% blacks not finding racism a major block.  I can not.

Just popped in to fulfill your request.

This is a different survey with a little bit different wording and results (if I have time to dig the other one up I'll share) but it still supports the conclusion that a significant portion of the black community doesn't see racism as their greatest obstacle.

That is all. Back to PPP.

Among white liberals, according to Pew survey data collected in 2017, 79.2 percent agreed that “racial discrimination is the main reason why many black people can’t get ahead these days.” 18.8 percent agreed that “blacks who can’t get ahead in this country are mostly responsible for their own condition,” a 60.4 point difference, according to a detailed analysis of the Pew data provided the Times by Zach Goldberg, a doctoral candidate in political science at Georgia State University.

Among blacks, 59.9 percent identified discrimination as the main deterrent to upward mobility for African-Americans, and 32.0 percent said blacks were responsible for their condition — in other words, blacks are more conservative than white liberals on this issue.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/19/white-liberals-african-americans-discriminated/

1 hour ago, brooklynbill said:

My humanity mean more to me any friggin stadium surface. People are out there risking corona because they are things worth dying for.

Oh my Ears and Whiskers!  I hope you're not judging either one's humanity, or one's support for badly needed anti-racism changes, by willingness to kneel in a stadium?

Not in any way to disparage the gesture, it's fine, but perhaps it is not the ultimate yardstick of meaningful efforts or committment to effect change?

• Like (+1) 3

He was 20 years old when he had a private text with someone? I think a lot of people forget what it’s like to be 20, and forget some of the stupid things we’ve said or done 1 year removed from being a teenager. Also, why did his “friend” wait so long to bring this out in public? Obviously he shouldn’t have said it, but I hope the team supports him if he truly makes amends and is truly sorry that he did it. I hope that Lorax takes him under his wing and guides him through this, and helps his teammates that are having a hard time accepting him. I will support the team with whatever decision they make. 

• Like (+1) 2

Coach is leaning on the culture he built and the individuals who make-up the "team" including players, coaches, front office, Lorax, Marlon Kerner, Len Vanden Bos and others to create an environment where Jake can personally develop.  This whole "be your best self" thing in Buffalo. 

As a fan, we can either accept that the Bills have moved forward with Fromm as part of the team or not.  For the vast majority that's a pretty easy decision. For a few, it may not be.  Respecting how each other respond to this is part of life and part of why there is a 52 page thread on this.  This thread reflects how TBD became and continues to be an awesome place. 

20 hours ago, brooklynbill said:

Cant wait to see my NFL brothas kneeling this season with fist clenched high and hard. Guaranteed to happen. Some white players will join too. I will damn sure kneel at the next sporting event with fans that I attend.

SOME white players will join ??? 
I think Drew B was a perfect example what will happen if God forbid any of them show respect for the flag ??  !!!  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Putin said:

SOME white players will join ??? 
I think Drew B was a perfect example what will happen if God forbid any of them show respect for the flag ??  !!!  

You continue to miss the point.  At some point, continued ignorance becomes a choice.  And a bad one at that.

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you actually read those 50 pages, you would see that predominantly, they consist of people with rather different views trying pretty hard to talk to each other and stay civil.

There's some of that, in a football forum, ok sure whatever. A bunch of "cut him jail him burn the witch." Between this and the Oliver thread I think everyone is just bored to death.

Edited by Ralonzo

28 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You continue to miss the point.  At some point, continued ignorance becomes a choice.  And a bad one at that.

Continue??? What point ?? And where am I wrong ???

20 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

There's some of that, in a football forum, ok sure whatever. A bunch of "cut him jail him burn the witch." Between this and the Oliver thread I think everyone is just bored to death.

No sir, not bored.  Some of us are legit fed up.  After Charlottesville, Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Stephen Miller, decades - centuries - of backwards and racist views that continue to take hold in society like a stubborn bloc of cancer cells.  We’re done with it.  Be part of the solution because times are going to change.

Just now, Putin said:

Continue??? What point ?? And where am I wrong ???

It has been explained ad nauseam in this thread and elsewhere that the protests are not about the flag.  You can either absorb it or continue deliberately to be ignorant. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No sir, not bored.  Some of us are legit fed up.  After Charlottesville, Ahmaud Arbery, George Floyd, Stephen Miller, decades - centuries - of backwards and racist views that continue to take hold in society like a stubborn bloc of cancer cells.  We’re done with it.  Be part of the solution because times are going to change.

It has been explained ad nauseam in this thread and elsewhere that the protests are not about the flag.  You can either absorb it or continue deliberately to be ignorant. 

Awesome thank you !!! 
I will continue to stand proud for the national anthem and salute the flag ?? of the country that I love !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Awesome thank you !!! 
I will continue to stand proud for the national anthem and salute the flag ?? of the country that I love !!! 

How about this, and I ask with deep actual sincerity: you said elsewhere you weren’t born in the US.  Instead of repeating the debunked idea that the protests are about the flag (they aren’t, it’s clear), why don’t you tell us a bit about what the flag means to you.  When did you become a US citizen, why, what the symbol of the flag and anthem mean to you and why.  I’m seriously interested.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

1) Dismissing someone's failure to accept your argument as being attributable solely to their willful ignorance argues stridently from authority and/or condescension.

2) Stadium Wall is different from Politics Polls and Pundits, which is to me - call me nutty - a preferable place to have discussion 1, at least until such point as football is played with riot shields and by hurling bricks.