Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

45 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL--Doc has just invented a protected class:  "crackers"!  #CLM!!!!!

You are the gift that keeps on giving!

It's a racist term for white people, not rednecks alone.  There's no "class protection" going on here.  That's just silly.

Edited by Doc

On 6/5/2020 at 1:00 AM, ScottLaw said:

What problems is Tre white causingfor the team? 

This is laughable. Fromm says some unbelievably racist ***** and Tre White tweets his displeasure towards it and he's the problem? 

Give me break. You cut Fromm right now if it's between him and Tre.

You are right. They aren't... gotta see how it plays out, but I can't imagine them changing their mind about him. 

And what Brees said doesn't compare to what Fromm said....

It would be fun to do a background investigation on you and see how perfectly / imperfectly you have lived.  Then, judge you as you are judging others.  My guess, you would then be without a job and maybe even jailed.

That goes for all of us...(me included)!

Then, based on this idiotic calculus (Courtesy of “ScottLaw”) when we are all fired from our jobs and all pronounced guilty,  we can all live in this utopia of a jobless, guilty nation - nice! 

On a side note, (ref Fromm being “caught”) what was Jake Fromm supposed to do? Upon being drafted, make an announcement about all his tweets?  The young man is just trying to put his best foot forward - as we all try to do, especially at the workplace. 

Recommend we all try some moderation and stop with the extreme viewpoints.  Warning - extremism is how Nazi Germany, the ISIS caliphate, and many other terrible things came to be.

Flame way extremists - wish me and my family and my families family total death and destruction for just expressing a moderate viewpoint  .... I know it’s coming.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

It warms my heart to know that whether it's a debate on fumble rates, or a debate on race relations @Mr. WEO and @Doc will just never ever agree.

Truly the capacity for these two to disagree is boundless. It's an immutable force of nature, like the wind or a rising tide.

craziest part: it’s the same person.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, brooklynbill said:

As a black man and a fan of the bills for over 40 years, I am wretching reading some of these responses. Whataboutisms, false equivalents,denials and and straight up white apathy. White fear is real. Blacks have been oppressed for 400 years. Yet somehow we are still here. The minute whites have to deal with slightest level of discomfort you just melt down. Sorry, you comfort level has been deleted from my to do list. I wish you could spend a day in black skin. You would be appalled. Sorry, Its not my job to educate grown white folks. Last time I check there was one education system. I know YOUR history you are clueless and/or indifferent to mine.You can stay hibernating or you can choose to be woke. If you choose the latter you will eventually get run over like that 75 year old gentleman.

What a coincidence, yours was deleted from mine too. I know I'll never know how it must feel for a black man in 21st century America to find out that a 5th round rookie made a lame joke about rich white people having silencers, but I only had so many victim empathy slots left and I couldn't keep everyone. I know you must be going through a lot right now.

I know I should care, especially in light of all those years of slavery and Jim Crow that you've had to endure vicariously through the people that actually lived through those times. That can't have been easy. 

You seem like a principled guy, so I'm pretty sure you and your friends have never made any jokes or comments in private that could be considered racist. Even if you did I'd give you a pass because of the 400 years thing. Even I know that holding you to the same standard to which you hold others is a form of white supremacy, so you're coming into this with clean hands. Still, no matter how hard I try I just can't get worried about it.

I do want to be woke though, so I promise you this. If someone does something overtly and substantially racist to you, let me know and I'll put you back on the list. I know you'd do the same for me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The internet has been great for a lot of things.

Turning millions of people into a "just add water" instant judge, jury and verdict is not one of 'em.  

We're all perfect until we're not.  Everyone says stupid stuff.  How we learn & grow from it is what matters much more.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

when do we stop placing color on everything? maybe never.  police brutality is wrong. white violence against black is wrong.  black against white is wrong. white on white is wrong, black on black violence is wrong. 

Exactly 

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not.  

Is redneck?  

Yeah it is.  Redneck is not.

But you just made a mistake.  Don't worry, I won't call for your expulsion from the message board.

35 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

What a coincidence, yours was deleted from mine too. I know I'll never know how it must feel for a black man in 21st century America to find out that a 5th round rookie made a lame joke about rich white people having silencers, but I only had so many victim empathy slots left and I couldn't keep everyone. I know you must be going through a lot right now.

I know I should care, especially in light of all those years of slavery and Jim Crow that you've had to endure vicariously through the people that actually lived through those times. That can't have been easy. 

You seem like a principled guy, so I'm pretty sure you and your friends have never made any jokes or comments in private that could be considered racist. Even if you did I'd give you a pass because of the 400 years thing. Even I know that holding you to the same standard to which you hold others is a form of white supremacy, so you're coming into this with clean hands. Still, no matter how hard I try I just can't get worried about it.

I do want to be woke though, so I promise you this. If someone does something overtly and substantially racist to you, let me know and I'll put you back on the list. I know you'd do the same for me.

Its selfish to think this is just a problem within the boundaries of the USA.  

As a Caucasian male, I’ve lived and worked on several continents around the globe - and I was often in the minority.  Guess what? I worked extra hard every day to gain the trust and respect of my neighbors and coworkers. EVERY DAY! and I never once felt sorry for myself! Not once did I ask others to accommodate me!  Not once did I ever demand or expect others to welcome me!  As a result, others saw my efforts, I gained their favor, and made lasting relationships with a meaningful impact.  This nonsense about what it’s like to be a minority and I don’t know what it’s like - BS!  And now I reside in Hawaii and I’m still in the minority - so what ? I work hard as I always do and things come together.  Be clean, decent, and considerate, stop asking others to understand you and you will be amazed what can come of it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

jesus christ. I'll never understand what lack of character, perception and social awareness empower a person with the audacity to spout this kind of garbage. This team's fans are truly some of the most awful human beings.

Never in a million years did I think Texas would be less racist than Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

jesus christ. I'll never understand what lack of character, perception and social awareness empower a person with the audacity to spout this kind of garbage. This team's fans are truly some of the most awful human beings.

What do you think this person on a message board has to do with Buffalo?

And there's people in every fan base that will spout garbage

31 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'd love to hear a rational and coherent explanation of how the post you quoted is racist.

I know that piling on a kid who's trying to start his career makes you feel better about yourself, but other than highly moralistic rhetoric, what do you have to support your defamatory comments?

I must say I grow tired of self-righteous people attempting to destroy others with all the mercy of John Kreese for the slightest of transgressions while piously declaring their own moral superiority.

I'm equally tired of being told I must accept that for which I do not see evidence, and must not speak out against the lynch mob. 

The fact that we're having this discussion about this player for the joke in question is the perfect example of why this movement, allowed to go unchecked, is a problem. When you don't have enough real offenders to go after the threshold for excommunication becomes very low.

15 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I'd love to hear a rational and coherent explanation of how the post you quoted is racist.

I know that piling on a kid who's trying to start his career makes you feel better about yourself, but other than highly moralistic rhetoric, what do you have to support your defamatory comments?

I must say I grow tired of self-righteous people attempting to destroy others with all the mercy of John Kreese for the slightest of transgressions while piously declaring their own moral superiority.

I'm equally tired of being told I must accept that for which I do not see evidence, and must not speak out against the lynch mob. 

The fact that we're having this discussion about this player for the joke in question is the perfect example of why this movement, allowed to go unchecked, is a problem. When you don't have enough real offenders to go after the threshold for excommunication becomes very low.

Yeah, cause you definitely seem like the kind of impartial observer we need defining what a ‘real offender’ looks like.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah, cause you definitely seem like the kind of impartial observer we need defining what a ‘real offender’ looks like.

Who needs me when we have such fair-minded woke people such as yourself to tell us what the thoughts, intentions, and experience of others really mean?