Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Every city is.

Hell, Philly bombed their own city. Buffalo will be fine.

sure they will but at the moment they are NOT fine. the police in this city are a joke and need to be held accountable. 

Edited by Penfield45
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

sure they will but at the moment they are NOT fine. the police in this city are a ***** joke and need to be held accountable. 

I think the events of the last week, and honestly decade should be sufficient to demonstrate that every police department needs to be held more accountable.

Still, I reject the assertion that Buffalo was ever NOT on the map IRT to the above. I'm not sure anyone ever held the opinion that the BPD was solely above reproach. Except maybe the BPD themselves.

Edited by FireChans
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

so if I posted comments like that  followed by “ha ha” and had not follow up with “racist actions” (other than uttering those words you mean?),  things would be cool with everyone because they would know I was just joking?

I never said "know," I said "suggest."  No one knows what others truly thing.  And I follow the saying "actions speak louder than words" and look to see if there's a pattern of behavior.  I also don't think people should be tarred and feathered after just 1 harmless transgression. 

47 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

If shaq couldn’t have him as a teammate I’m glad he’s in Miami. Beane replaced him very nicely with guys who won’t wait til there contract years to perform. The reaction that bears monitoring is Tre’s, as he’s a integral part of this team

Tre' will still perform as best as he can because he's looking for the big payday.  And if he leaves over this, that's his choice.

Edited by Doc

On 6/4/2020 at 12:26 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

If true, move on from him.  

I'm sure that'll be an unpopular sentiment, but so be it.  

So we don’t believe in giving people second chances ? Or is it just for people who beat they’re wives ? 

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

If shaq couldn’t have him as a teammate I’m glad he’s in Miami. Beane replaced him very nicely with guys who won’t wait til there contract years to perform. The reaction that bears monitoring is Tre’s, as he’s a integral part of this team

Tre is a very good zone CB but he is not beyond being replaceable. I think Tre needs to stay off social media for a few weeks and reset. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is all totally getting out of hand

There is not one person here who never made a mistake in their life, let alone at 20 years old

And notice the entire text conversation was not included, there's lots information we're not privy too. A chick dropped a few lines of a private conversation

If he said n word should never be allowed to have guns, I'm dead serious

That would be a super racist thing that should not be forgiven and he should be cut

He actually put down white people also, because notice he said elite white people? That infers that he thinks non-elite white people shouldn't have silencers either

Which is like 99% of all whites

He should not be forgiven and should be cut.

Just a question....are you of the opinion that if someone does a stint in jail for a crime they "did their time" and we should move on?

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Just a question....are you of the opinion that if someone does a stint in jail for a crime they "did their time" and we should move on?

Honest question, who are you to decide who is or is not forgiven? If Micah Hyde forgives him, that’s only up to Micah and no one else.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

One thing is clear to me: there are a number of folks that conflate “forgive” with “condone”

That said, I condone forgiveness.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Honest question, who are you to decide who is or is not forgiven? If Micah Hyde forgives him, that’s only up to Micah and no one else.

Correct. On all accounts.

I'm getting at what the poster said that I quoted.

Are we seriously debating on a text message like this should ruin a career? Even if he did drop an N-bomb? When he was a 20 year old?

If that's the case I wonder how people feel about giving people a second chance when they did something that actually hurt someone? Say a 20 year old punches another and breaks their jaw? Should he be forgiven?

Who was that college player years ago...I think a running back, that sucker punched the player at the end of a game? (BTW, he was a black player and sucker punched a white player) I do believe he went on an played in the NFL. Shoukd he have not been allowed to play pro football?

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There's probably a ton of teammates who don't want to be on the team with Jake Fromm.... and there's probably a few who are pissed at McDermott/Beane/Pegula for keeping him on the team. 

List them.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There's probably a ton of teammates who don't want to be on the team with Jake Fromm.... and there's probably a few who are pissed at McDermott/Beane/Pegula for keeping him on the team. 

Riley Cooper. Riley Cooper. Riley Cooper.

Stop running.

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Correct. On all accounts.

I'm getting at what the poster said that I quoted.

Are we seriously debating on a text message like this should ruin a career? Even if he did drop an N-bomb? When he was a 20 year old?

If that's the case I wonder how people feel about giving people a second chance when they did something that actually hurt someone? Say a 20 year old punches another and breaks their jaw? Should he be forgiven?

Who was that college player years ago...I think a running back, that sucker punched the player at the end of a game? (BTW, he was a black player and sucker punched a white player) I do believe he went on an played in the NFL. Shoukd he have not been allowed to play pro football?

"Our capacity for forgiveness should only be exceeded by our desire for a more harmonious world."

Here it is...LaGarrette Blount.

Sucker punched a white player. 

Look at the caption....people found this funny!

800 and something people liked it and 100 something didn't.

Read the comments.

But people are crying that Frohm should be black balled!

LOL

The comments were under this video. My bad.

Edited by Beast

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

It depends what the crime is.

A kiddy diddler or murder? **** No

A pot smoker or small time dealer? Of course

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

Here it is...LaGarrette Blount.

Sucker punched a white player. 

Look at the caption....people found this funny!

800 and something people liked it and 100 something didn't.

Read the comments.

But people are crying that Frohm should be black balled!

LOL

Didn't you just quote me saying he should be cut?

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

I know I said I wouldn’t get in yet another WEO rabbit hole, but I won’t let you bastardize my words, either. 

I have CLEARLY stated, REPEATEDLY throughout this thread, that “contrition, apology, and forgiveness” have to be a PART of the process for change moving forward. Nowhere did I suggest that apology and forgiveness are all it takes; as if actions aren’t the ultimate proof of change. 

And contrition and seeking forgiveness are integral in changing minds like Fromm. It’s a mandatory, small first step. 

I will ask you yet again:  do you think he no longer holds the views he put forth in his texts?  If not, there is no value in apology or forgiveness because there is no real contrition.

You can only be truly contrite if you no longer believe the things that you are apologizing for.  I don't see a reason Fromm has changed his true thoughts--he is apologizing because he got caught, and no other reason.

1 hour ago, Needle said:

None of this is to the betterment of black folks. Going on witch hunts for white people who might have said something racist? Talk about a fruitless way to go about life and one that has produced nothing in the past. BLM is a joke and just a hate filled rudderless ship.

To be fair, no one involved with the NFL or on an NFL team went on a witch hunt.  Someone who knew the guy put it out there for (??) whatever motivation.

I truthfully am not sure that "black lives matter" is much more than a slogan and a hashtag.  There's a loose network.   Wiki says "The phrase "Black Lives Matter" can refer to a Twitter hashtag, a slogan, a social movement, or a loose confederation of groups advocating for racial justice. As a movement, Black Lives Matter is decentralized, and leaders have emphasized the importance of local organizing over national leadership.[30] Activist DeRay McKesson has commented that the movement "encompasses all who publicly declare that black lives matter and devote their time and energy accordingly."[31]

The emphasis on local organizing over national leadership would align with your perception of "rudderless ship" - a decentralized network will seem that way.

I don't see the "joke" or the "hate filled" thing.  A joke is something one laughs at.  I can't personally laugh at people who are protesting unjust death at the hands of police. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

I never said "know," I said "suggest."  No one knows what others truly thing.  And I follow the saying "actions speak louder than words" and look to see if there's a pattern of behavior.  I also don't think people should be tarred and feathered after just 1 harmless transgression. 

Tre' will still perform as best as he can because he's looking for the big payday.  And if he leaves over this, that's his choice.

That's the one we know about.  He doesn't have to act out on his beliefs for them to be reprehensible.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It depends what the crime is.

A kiddy diddler or murder? **** No

A pot smoker or small time dealer? Of course

Didn't you just quote me saying he should be cut?

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. I think our wires may be crossed here.

What I was getting at is I don't believe a 21 year old should be cut from a team for a text message he sent when he was 20....even if he did use the N word. Unless it was in a violent manner like "I hate N" or something worse.

It's a word. A distasteful word that should not be used but these "gotcha" moments are getting out of hand.

• Like (+1) 1