Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

5 minutes ago, BillsM@fia said:

Its apples and oranges you can't compare the two.

The keyword in my post was current climate . The Fromm leak happened at the worst possible time because of the George Floyd incident. 

What Josh Allen said is not being discussed because the reports happened three years ago.  We don't know if Josh has made amends and earned his teammates respect since he was drafted.  Also, Josh is a former first round pick who is coming off a season where he lead his team to playoffs.  Right or wrong, Josh gets a longer leash.

Regarding either player, I am not trying to take a moral stand. I am giving my opinion what I believe is the best for the organizations culture and ability to win games.

Here’s an article about how Allen and the Bills went about handling any potential internal issues with Allen’s tweets from 2012, when he was 16. I suspect team leadership will be asked to participate with Fromm as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/08/15/josh-allen-eager-put-racist-tweets-revelation-past/994524002/

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Here’s an article about how Allen and the Bills went about handling any potential internal issues with Allen’s tweets from 2012, when he was 16. I suspect team leadership will be asked to participate with Fromm as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2018/08/15/josh-allen-eager-put-racist-tweets-revelation-past/994524002/

I will let you have the last word. 

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

14 minutes ago, BillsM@fia said:

I will let you have the last word. 

FWIW, Stephen A. Smith gave his perspective at the time, and he seemed absolutely fine with Allen’s explanation:

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

FWIW, Stephen A. Smith gave his perspective at the time, and he seemed absolutely fine with Allen’s explanation:

I suppose Josh got lucky that his racially insensitive tweets were exposed back when racism was more tolerated.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Clearly Jake's actions were wrong. There's no serious debate about that point. He has also embarrassed the entire organization and reopened old wounds for Josh Allen. Despite that, however, I am willing to forgive, but on 1 condition. Young Mr. Fromm needs become part of the solution by actively working for it and I stress the word 'actively'. Wether it's engaging in protests on an ongoing basis or speaking to groups or whatever is up to him. "I'm sorry" is not enough.

Pretty high and mighty.

I'll assume you're pristine in your words and actions and have been your entire life, eh there Young Mr. GreggTX?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan692 said:

Lets just play point 2 out to its ultimate conclusion.

You are essentially saying tre white is soooo gooood that he should run the team and whatever he wants he gets. Essentially you are saying because of his talent he can hold the team hostage.

Disagreeeeee

His talent can hold the team hostage in this case because we are talking about a backup QB prospect who has not played a single down. Thats not much of a hostage if he's being held. Also Tre may not be the only player who has a problem with Fromm he is only the most prominent who has spoken out. Not for nothing he is also the best player on the team.

How many players on the Bills need to come out as against him for it to be ok to cut him? 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Stephen A on Jake... he’s happy.

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

I suppose Josh got lucky that his racially insensitive tweets were exposed back when racism was more tolerated.

He. Tweeted. Quotes. From. A. Show. And. Hip. Hop. Lyrics.

You're simply looking for a smoking gun that isn’t there. That you do so out of one side of your mouth while defending Tyreek Hill out of the other says all I need to know about the level of discernment being applied here.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He. Tweeted. Quotes. From. A. Show. And. Hip. Hop. Lyrics.

You're simply looking for a smoking gun that isn’t there. That you do so out of one side of your mouth while defending Tyreek Hill out of the other says all I need to know about the level of discernment being applied here.

I understand you want to change the argument by playing the whatabout game.  Feel free to start a domestic violence thread, and I’ll be glad to discuss it there.  I don’t think Josh is racist.  I think he made comments a long time ago that we’re misguided, but they weren’t hateful, and he made them publicly so he wasn’t trying to hide them.  I can’t say the same for Jake.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

I understand you want to change the argument by playing the whatabout game.  Feel free to start a domestic violence thread, and I’ll be glad to discuss it there.  I don’t think Josh is racist.  I think he made comments a long time ago that we’re misguided, but they weren’t hateful, and he made them publicly so he wasn’t trying to hide them.  I can’t say the same for Jake.

You legit said that racism was tolerated back then and that’s why Josh was lucky.

And if you can’t see the corollary I’m drawing I don’t know what to tell you. You either believe that moral issues reflect on an organization or you don’t. You either believe that you should take a player at his word or you don’t.

That’s all I’ll say about it. My comments in this thread will be dedicated to Fromm from here on out.

4 minutes ago, Billl said:

Both are over blown and over scrutinized... I hate this fickle society we have created. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, thebandit27 said:

You legit said that racism was tolerated back then and that’s why Josh was lucky.

And if you can’t see the corollary I’m drawing I don’t know what to tell you. You either believe that moral issues reflect on an organization or you don’t. You either believe that you should take a player at his word or you don’t.

That’s all I’ll say about it. My comments in this thread will be dedicated to Fromm from here on out.

Let’s put it this way.  If we find out tomorrow that he said something similar 6 months ago, he’s gone.  No apology tour.  No racial sensitivity training classes.  No “he was just a dumb kid”.  No “he was just quoting rap lyrics when he tweeted out the n-word”.  

If that were to happen (it won’t because he learned his lesson), he would be out of the league in an instant.

2 minutes ago, BillsM@fia said:

Shannon brings up a great point: the fallout from this situation has the potential to dictate the livelihood and career of many athletes and celebrities in general.

If Fromm loses his job, then every person with a text message from a celebrity that has any type of racial tone has the potential to become ammo with which an interested party can take them down.

39 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

In case anyone else is wondering, this is safe to watch. Stephen A is not going to yell at you. :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

Let’s put it this way.  If we find out tomorrow that he said something similar 6 months ago, he’s gone.  No apology tour.  No racial sensitivity training classes.  No “he was just a dumb kid”.  No “he was just quoting rap lyrics when he tweeted out the n-word”.  

If that were to happen (it won’t because he learned his lesson), he would be out of the league in an instant.

How does that make him any different than any other player in the league?

1 hour ago, BillsM@fia said:

Shannon is spot on.

No, Shannon is a race bater who love’s racial controversy. He also said the hardest job in America is being black... his words are ignorant and biased at best

Edited by WorstTEever81
  • Like (+1) 1