Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

11 minutes ago, LB3 said:

You missed an L.

Does anyone know if Tre's Twitter background has always been LSU or if he changed it back recently?

Tre is fired up due to current events. Come TC, it won’t be a big deal that Fromm is there with the third team.

Riley Cooper stuck around and his event was far worse imo.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

And how is "I accept no ones apology and leave no room for forgiveness" even a good strategy for the cause??

I believe in order for the movement to succeed room for apologies and forgiveness is tantamount.

If we close the doors to letting people apologize and deny them the opportunity for forgiveness then what kind of place are we heading????

That’s an interesting point about forgiveness. It’s the crux of the entire movement, imo. Without it, we can’t move forward as a society. Especially when it comes to young people. 

Unfortunately, I get the feeling some will castigate Tre White if he does end up accepting Fromm’s apology. 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea... I just wonder if we'll see that. Tre White, one of the Bills best players(if not the best) and leaders has made his feelings known.... if other leaders and teammates follow suit then they'd be better off just releasing him. 

Getting out infront of this now rather than waiting until it's too late...

Too many people selling Tre White short on this issue, imo. 

56 minutes ago, Billl said:

He was given full custody of the kids.

The rest of the recording you referenced literally includes her acknowledging that she lied the first time.

Oh man. 

Just now, FireChans said:

Tre is fired up due to current events. Come TC, it won’t be a big deal that Fromm is there with the third team.

Riley Cooper stuck around and his event was far worse imo.

At the end of the day - if we truly don't believe people can change.  Then whats this all for?  

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s an interesting point about forgiveness. It’s the crux of the entire movement, imo. Without it, we can’t move forward as a society. Especially when it comes to young people. 

Unfortunately, I get the feeling some will castigate Tre White if he does end up accepting Fromm’s apology. 

Too many people selling Tre White short on this issue, imo. 

I think liking tweets and having a full heart to heart discussion with a teammate are a big difference.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

At the end of the day - if we truly don't believe people can change.  Then whats this all for?  

Another good point here. We can’t go around demanding change and then rejecting it when people attempt it. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

If Fromm were selected in the first round, would you feel differently about how the Bills should treat this incident?

EDIT: Here’s a good reason for keeping him: the team accepted Fromm’s request to address the team and apologize yesterday, the players accepted the apology, and they want to put it behind them as a group. If that’s ok with his teammates and coaches, why shouldn’t it be ok for the rest of us?

To point 1: yes I would. The tolerance for insolence for a 1st round pick is much higher. To be drafted in the 1st means that the team believes that the talent of the player can make a huge difference.  Like it or not players are not treated equally based on draft status. But no-one mourns for a 6th round LB being cut except perhaps this board. If it was up to this board Christian Wade and the CFL receiver would be in the starting lineup. 

Players are cut and forgotten and many never get a second chance. Others like Nate Peterman get a million chances to fail.

To your second point:

I'm white and I'm not personally offended by what Fromm said so he doesn't owe me an apology. But some black players are offended including our all world cornerback. A player like Tre White is worth 100 Jake Fromms. People saying Tre is being a diva obviously care more about other things than the team winning games. 

They are willing to risk alienating the best player on the team for a potential backup quarterback.

Even if you disagree with him, we don't win games outright without Tre White. We don't go to the playoffs without him. 

1 minute ago, Pasaluki said:

To point 1: yes I would. The tolerance for insolence for a 1st round pick is much higher. To be drafted in the 1st means that the team believes that the talent of the player can make a huge difference.  Like it or not players are not treated equally based on draft status. But no-one mourns for a 6th round LB being cut except perhaps this board. If it was up to this board Christian Wade and the CFL receiver would be in the starting lineup. 

Players are cut and forgotten and many never get a second chance. Others like Nate Peterman get a million chances to fail.

To your second point:

I'm white and I'm not personally offended by what Fromm said so he doesn't owe me an apology. But some black players are offended including our all world cornerback. A player like Tre White is worth 100 Jake Fromms. People saying Tre is being a diva obviously care more about other things than the team winning games. 

They are willing to risk alienating the best player on the team for a potential backup quarterback.

Even if you disagree with him, we don't win games outright without Tre White. We don't go to the playoffs without him. 

To point 1: I can’t agree with this. On several levels. Not the least of which a player’s draft status has no bearing on the magnitude or lack thereof of a racist comment he made. Racism deserves no double standard. For anyone. 

To point 2: I’m white and I AM highly offended by Fromm’s text. I’m also willing to see an opportunity for forgiveness and acceptance by both black and white players alike. I reject this idea that any black player on the team might be precluded from forgiving Fromm on the basis of his skin color.

5 minutes ago, Irv said:

JP  - LOOK OUT!

That punk had it coming, though. JP may have been the most arrogant rookie in history. 

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

To point 1: I can’t agree with this. On several levels. Not the least of which a player’s draft status has no bearing on the magnitude or lack thereof of a racist comment he made. Racism deserves no double standard. For anyone. 

To point 2: I’m white and I AM highly offended by Fromm’s text. I’m also willing to see an opportunity for forgiveness and acceptance by both black and white players alike. I reject this idea that any black player on the team might be precluded from forgiving Fromm on the basis of his skin color.

Point 1: thats the difference between what a fan thinks about vs what gm needs to think about. Your making a moral argument but Football is a strategic game. It is not the same as real life. You have to weigh how much does this player hurt us vs potentially help us. Risk vs reward. With a 1st round player you accept higher risk for the chance of a greater reward. 

Point 2: You aren't highly offended because if you were you wouldn't be carrying this guys flag for pages and pages. Tre of course is not precluded from forgiving him but if for some reason he doesn't than the Bills have created their own problem. 

Edited by Pasaluki

1 hour ago, LB3 said:

You missed an L.

Does anyone know if Tre's Twitter background has always been LSU or if he changed it back recently?

Its always been

36 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

To your second point:

Lets just play point 2 out to its ultimate conclusion.

You are essentially saying tre white is soooo gooood that he should run the team and whatever he wants he gets. Essentially you are saying because of his talent he can hold the team hostage.

Disagreeeeee

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1

I believe in giving players second chances.  We all made stupid mistakes when we were younger.

That being said, based on the current climate and the fact the majority of NFL Athletes are African American..I think it is in the best interest for the team to cut ties with him.  He's a 5th round QB with a noodle arm, who ceilings is likely a solid backup.  The Bills are risking losing the locker room by having this guy on the team.  

Edited by BillsM@fia

1 minute ago, BillsM@fia said:

I believe in giving players second chances.  We all made stupid mistakes when we were younger.

That being said, based on the current climate and the fact the majority of NFL Athletes are African American..I think it is in the best interest for the team to cut ties with him.  He's a 5th round QB with a noodle arm, who ceilings is likely a solid backup.  The Bills are risking losing the locker room by having this guy on the roster.  

So then where does that leave Josh Allen who also made racist comments albeit at a younger age?

Is tre gonna want him gone next? Where does the holding the team hostage bit end?

1 minute ago, Pasaluki said:

Point 1: thats the difference between what a fan thinks about vs what gm needs to think about. Your making a moral argument but Football is a strategic game. It is not the same as real life. You have to weigh how much does this player hurt us vs potentially help us. Risk vs reward. With a 1st round player you accept higher risk for the chance of a greater reward. 

Point 2: You aren't highly offended because if you were you wouldn't be carrying this guys flag for pages and pages. Tre of course is not precluded from forgiving him but if for some reason he doesn't than the Bills have created their own problem. 

Point 1: Of course it’s a moral argument. I don’t impose double standards for racist comments. I don’t think the team will, either. But we will see. The idea that you can separate locker room dynamics from the game itself is naive. But it’s nice to know that if Fromm were taken in the first round, you’d be willing to cut him some slack for the very offense you want him cut for now. 

Point 2: Don’t presume that I’m not highly offended because I don’t preclude the players’ willingness to forgive based on their skin color. And that “flag” I’m carrying centers around the idea of forgiveness, the ability to change, the opportunity for growth, and the collective idea of the team being able to move forward. If you can’t see that in what I’ve posted, then just move on rather than put bogus motivations behind my posts. 

21 minutes ago, BillsM@fia said:

That being said, based on the current climate and the fact the majority of NFL Athletes are African American..I think it is in the best interest for the team to cut ties with him.  He's a 5th round QB with a noodle arm, who ceilings is likely a solid backup.  The Bills are risking losing the locker room by having this guy on the team.  

19 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

So then where does that leave Josh Allen who also made racist comments albeit at a younger age?

Is tre gonna want him gone next? Where does the holding the team hostage bit end?

Its apples and oranges you can't compare the two.

The keyword in my post was current climate. The Fromm leak happened at the worst possible time because of the George Floyd incident. 

What Josh Allen said is not being discussed because the reports happened three years ago.  We don't know if Josh has made amends and earned his teammates respect since he was drafted.  Also, Josh is a former first round pick who is coming off a season where he lead his team to playoffs.  Right or wrong, Josh gets a longer leash.

Regarding either player, I am not trying to take a moral stand. I am giving my opinion what I believe is the best for the organizations culture and ability to win games.

Edited by BillsM@fia
  • Like (+1) 1