Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

You’re trying really hard to make this organization out to be a bunch of racists, which is interesting considering that it’s the only one with a minority female owner.

They arent racists, but outside perception can infect the inner workings of the team. 

Other teams can also use it as a motivation. 

People feel it isn't right to cut Fromm and I get it from a fairness perspective. Most everyone has made horrible texts so I don't think Fromm is even a bad guy or a terrible human being. 

That said he's a distraction. Anyone arguing this isn't a distraction needs to look at how many pages this thread is. 

People on this board treat late round draft picks like they are huge difference makers when most of the time these players are Jeff Tuel (no offense to Jeff Tuel) but people on this board are all rallying around a player who doesnt really matter and causes more distraction and division than helps. 

Like if we have to rely on Fromm the team isnt going anywhere he doesn't have an arm that can succeed in the NFL.

So far nobody has made a good reason for keeping him other than what happened to him was unfair.

11 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

They arent racists, but outside perception can infect the inner workings of the team. 

Other teams can also use it as a motivation. 

People feel it isn't right to cut Fromm and I get it from a fairness perspective. Most everyone has made horrible texts so I don't think Fromm is even a bad guy or a terrible human being. 

That said he's a distraction. Anyone arguing this isn't a distraction needs to look at how many pages this thread is. 

People on this board treat late round draft picks like they are huge difference makers when most of the time these players are Jeff Tuel (no offense to Jeff Tuel) but people on this board are all rallying around a player who doesnt really matter and causes more distraction and division than helps. 

Like if we have to rely on Fromm the team isnt going anywhere he doesn't have an arm that can succeed in the NFL.

So far nobody has made a good reason for keeping him other than what happened to him was unfair.

If Fromm were selected in the first round, would you feel differently about how the Bills should treat this incident?

EDIT: Here’s a good reason for keeping him: the team accepted Fromm’s request to address the team and apologize yesterday, the players accepted the apology, and they want to put it behind them as a group. If that’s ok with his teammates and coaches, why shouldn’t it be ok for the rest of us?

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m black and the comment doesn’t bother me much. The “haha” at the end of the statement implies an off color joke, made in what he believed to be a private conversation. Now if there’s clear cut evidence of mistreatment of Black or Hispanic teammates in his past, that’s a fireable offense. This? A teaching moment. Let’s move on, Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Billl said:

It’s going to get really interesting if they don’t release him.  Tyrod gets shipped out after leading the Bills to their first postseason in forever, and two years later Buffalo’s QB room consists of two guys with a history of racially insensitive comments plus Matt Barkley.  We’ll see how that plays in the locker room.

Chiefs board still full? Or were they just as sick of you as I am?

Edited by DocLawless
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billl said:

It’s going to get really interesting if they don’t release him.  Tyrod gets shipped out after leading the Bills to their first postseason in forever, and two years later Buffalo’s QB room consists of two guys with a history of racially insensitive comments plus Matt Barkley.  We’ll see how that plays in the locker room.

This is a terrible take Billl.

Do you really not know why Tyrod was shipped out? I was a huge Tyrod supporter after his first season with us. But the facts are he regressed in every single season since his first season with us and that went on to include regressing even more as a Brown. 

Also, if you read the comments but the rest of the leaders on the Bills, they all LOVE Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

I don't think there is a problem with this at all... I'm just not sure the entire team is going to accept the apology. And that's a problem, IMO.

Maybe it’s a problem, maybe it’s not. That remains to be seen. All this conjecture in the meantime is a waste of time. There is no more evidence that this incident will fracture the locker room than there is that it won’t. I see potential for real growth as a team. Others see only the doom and gloom and want Fromm to be cut immediately. 

We talk about needing real change I this country. This is an opportunity to for certain individuals to do that. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, K-9 said:

Maybe it’s a problem, maybe it’s not. That remains to be seen. All this conjecture in the meantime is a waste of time. There is no more evidence that this incident will fracture the locker room than there is that it won’t. I see potential for real growth as a team. Others see only the doom and gloom and want Fromm to be cut immediately. 

We talk about needing real change I this country. This is an opportunity to for certain individuals to do that. 

Tre's retweet of Jamal Adams, who said that Fromm wasn't really sorry and was just apologizing because he got caught, is strong evidence that there will be a problem.  STRONG evidence.  

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Tre's retweet of Jamal Adams, who said that Fromm wasn't really sorry and was just apologizing because he got caught, is strong evidence that there will be a problem.  STRONG evidence.  

That was before Fromm offered to address the team. Do you or Jamal Adams know how Tre White and the rest of the team responded to that? 

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

It’s not a question of being judgmental. It’s a question of zero tolerance for destructive behavior. Period. Adults who practice racism don’t deserve autonomy, they deserve to be exposed and called on it. Anything less is tantamount to condoning the behavior. Perhaps you’re right that at some point they will be alone. When? How long will that take? How many will be hurt in the meantime? 

And thought police aren’t necessary. They make themselves known by words and actions. If they kept these thoughts to themselves, perhaps I’d feel differently. 

I guess I’m having difficult with your definition of “practicing racism”. It’s clear that Fromm’s words that they are founded in racist beliefs. But you suggest people like him “don’t deserve autonomy”? Autonomy is a basic human right. Don’t you think this is a bit extreme?

But later in this same thread you are saying we should accept his apology and move on???

I think we are walking a very fine line here and need to be very careful with our words. 

Just now, K-9 said:

That was before Fromm offered to address the team. Do you or Jamal Adams know how Tre White and the rest of the team responded to that? 

It wasn't. Fromm's tweet stated that he had already spoken to the team.  Jamal Adams quote tweeted Fromm's, which, again, said he had already addressed the team. Then, Tre retweeted it.  Tre's actions came after Fromm's apology. 

Even if that weren't true, it is still some evidence.  There is no evidence to the contrary, aside from your supposition that the team may have accepted the apology.  That is not evidence, though, that is speculation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Tyreek Hill didn’t beat his girl in college? News to most of the world given that he plead guilty.

Perhaps you didn’t mean to paint the organization that way, but surely you can see why it reads as such.

He didn’t do it in college, and he didn’t do it when she (same woman) accused him of abusing his kid years later.  She now has no custody, and he’s got full custody of all 4 of their kids.  

Interesting point you bring up about pleading guilty back in college.  A poor black kid from rural Georgia was accused of choking a woman.  He had two choices.  Plead guilty and leave school or plead innocent and risk going to prison.  He couldn’t afford to hire an attorney, so he decided he couldn’t risk it.  So now, people ignorant to the situation call him scum for the rest of his life over a false accusation.

And people wonder why these men kneel.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rico said:

That BS is irrelevant, but let's make one thing clear:

The Buffalo Bills > Tre White

Root for the uniform, not the player.

IF (not if, but IF) any player becomes more of a problem for the team than they are worth (ie. Ruben Brown, Eric Moulds), they can get the ***** out of town.

Exactly thank you.

Les Frazier gave interview yesterday re: Fromms apology to team saying he thought fromms apology was sincere even though he doesnt know the guy. He thinks our teammates are mature enough to take that at face value and allow fromm to prove it to them and earn their respect. Acknowledged its easy for locker rooms to become divided right now. Added that nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistskes especially in youth.

Like 2 hours later Tre retweeting Tyler Locket and Richard Sherman re: Fromm

Its just embarassing and disrespectful to team and coaches what Tre has been doing. Love the guy for his talent if you want but this will come to head as he is definitely a DIVA

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Saint Doug said:

I guess I’m having difficult with your definition of “practicing racism”. It’s clear that Fromm’s words that they are founded in racist beliefs. But you suggest people like him “don’t deserve autonomy”? Autonomy is a basic human right. Don’t you think this is a bit extreme?

But later in this same thread you are saying we should accept his apology and move on???

I think we are walking a very fine line here and need to be very careful with our words. 

It’s not that complicated. Is practicing racism a destructive activity in society or not? If so, then those who engage in it should be called out and exposed because it’s not enough to simply not be a racist yourself. The vast majority of people aren’t racist and yet, here we are still having this discussion as an evolved species. 

The process of a racist apologizing, having that apology accepted, and experience real growth as a human being is not inconsistent with my stance  at all. Indeed, it’s a requirement of us all if we are going to enact real sustainable change. 

If you and others wish to keep silent when witnessing it, fine. I understand and won’t hold you in contempt. It’s not always easy or convenient to speak up when we see it, especially if it’s someone we love and are close to who is the one we are calling out. 

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It wasn't. Fromm's tweet stated that he had already spoken to the team.  Jamal Adams quote tweeted Fromm's, which, again, said he had already addressed the team. Then, Tre retweeted it.  Tre's actions came after Fromm's apology. 

Even if that weren't true, it is still some evidence.  There is no evidence to the contrary, aside from your supposition that the team may have accepted the apology.  That is not evidence, though, that is speculation. 

Thanks for the timeline. When Tre comes out and says it’s either him or Fromm, I’ll say it’s a problem. I’ll continue to hope it can be worked out in the meantime. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Exactly thank you.

Les Frazier gave interview yesterday re: Fromms apology to team saying he thought fromms apology was sincere even though he doesnt know the guy. He thinks our teammates are mature enough to take that at face value and allow fromm to prove it to them and earn their respect. Acknowledged its easy for locker rooms to become divided right now. Added that nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistskes especially in youth.

Like 2 hours later Tre retweeting Tyler Locket and Richard Sherman re: Fromm

Its just embarassing and disrespectful to team and coaches what Tre has been doing. Love the guy for his talent if you want but this will come to head as he is definitely a DIVA

Yeah, I have a much bigger problem with what Tre did than a silly billy text. I didn’t like it with the Bickering Bills, and I don’t like it now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Haven't chimed in yet. Read alot and thought about this for a bit.

I absolutely believe this "friends" intentions were not pure, and I imagine this comes from a place of hate in her heart.

Secondly...I do believe this is largely a big nothing burger, except because of the circumstances in this country right now which has turned something that seemed like  poor taste in a private joke into something that can damage him and possibly ruin his career should the Bills cut him and thus he becomes toxic, where nobody can touch him.

I can only trust and hope coach and Beane truly take the teams temperature on this, and if it appears to be an issue then unfortunately I would say he should go. 

At this point, I only care how it affects the team. I don't like any of the outcomes TBH and think it stinks all around.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, I have a much bigger problem with what Tre did than a silly billy text. I didn’t like it with the Bickering Bills, and I don’t like it now.

Tre, and every other black player on the team, is the aggrieved party.  And rightfully so.  When it comes to racism, they shouldn't have to accept an apology because the coaching staff says they should toe the party line. That is really gross.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Tre, and every other black player on the team, is the aggrieved party.  And rightfully so.  When it comes to racism, they shouldn't have to accept an apology because the coaching staff says they should toe the party line. That is really gross.  

For those truly offended by that text, I would recommend remedial reading comprehension training.

• Like (+1) 1