Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 hour ago, Needle said:

Jake Fromm and Drew Brees should have sexually assaulted a woman instead. They wouldnt have received any backlash from other players. 

I think all of the players who are attacking these guys should turn their phones in. I'm sure their texts have never strayed of the righteous path.

And do you think all of the posters who are attacking the players should turn their phones in? Are you sure their texts, including your own have never strayed off the righteous path?

Classic distraction. Lets not deal with the issue, racism, lets kvetch and moan about those who do want to deal with it and raise the phantom of other sins. And thus, racism is dismissed, not directly but by sleight of mouth.  

8 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Big difference bro. I’m black and though I may not think like the majority of us a lot of the time, I feel like Josh saying ‘If It Ain’t White It Ain’t Right, how is that any different than a black person like myself saying "Once you go Black,  You Never Go Back" There is nothing wrong in saying somethings in jess in a playful manor. What Fromm said crossed the line cause not only did he include Race into it he also included Social Class to basically say, if you are not White and Privileged then you should not own guns. That to me that is basic slave master mentality. 

That’s speaks to me not only how he view himself but how he view people not like him. I would cut him yesterday if not for the optics alone. I love Josh Allen and I try to look at context in a situation in which with Josh I looked at the person in totality and it took his age and other factor from what I read and tried to put myself in his shoes and I felt comfortable in giving him the benefit of the doubt and Josh has been nothing but great on and off the field, BUT in light of the Fromm situation the LAST thing you want to have is the optics of the BILLS organization be comfortable with drafting White racist QB’s and for that reason alone like I said I would have cut Fromm yesterday.

Thanks for this perspective.  It means a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mickey said:

And do you think all of the posters who are attacking the players should turn their phones in? Are you sure their texts, including your own have never strayed off the righteous path?

Classic distraction. Lets not deal with the issue, racism, lets kvetch and moan about those who do want to deal with it and raise the phantom of other sins. And thus, racism is dismissed, not directly but by sleight of mouth.  

I'm sure we have all said things we wish we could take back. My point is that far more damaging actions are overlooked on the regular. 

This thing has gone off the rails once again and it will be silly witch hunt that serves no purpose. I don't hear a lot of discussions on how to help poor black communities. Get Drew Brees!

Clearly Jake's actions were wrong. There's no serious debate about that point. He has also embarrassed the entire organization and reopened old wounds for Josh Allen. Despite that, however, I am willing to forgive, but on 1 condition. Young Mr. Fromm needs become part of the solution by actively working for it and I stress the word 'actively'. Wether it's engaging in protests on an ongoing basis or speaking to groups or whatever is up to him. "I'm sorry" is not enough.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, eball said:

Brees got "caught" in his failure to understand that a silent protest during the national anthem has nothing to do with "disrespecting the flag."  He still doesn't get it.

Yes, we just covered that.  We differ on the definition of "caught", I guess 

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in yours.

Thank God none of you, including St. Tre and St. Jamal have had your/their conversations recorded and printed on the internet.  What Jake did was wrong and stupid but make no mistake about it we have all done stupid and insensitive things during our lifetime, because we are human and sinful.  

Pride comes before the fall.  If you want to crucify a guy for his sins because its the popular thing to do at the moment be my guest, but you better be very careful about how you live your own life.

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

White is not the problem, but IF he continues to say or do things detrimental to the team, he can become A problem.

Continues what exactly? Based on the comments I've seen from him in this thread, there is no cause for concern. None. Is it detrimental to the team that he favors his college coach? Is it detrimental to the team that he is upset about racist remarks? He should be. What's the problem?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Clearly Jake's actions were wrong. There's no serious debate about that point. He has also embarrassed the entire organization and reopened old wounds for Josh Allen. Despite that, however, I am willing to forgive, but on 1 condition. Young Mr. Fromm needs become part of the solution by actively working for it and I stress the word 'actively'. Wether it's engaging in protests on an ongoing basis or speaking to groups or whatever is up to him. "I'm sorry" is not enough.

How kind of you to offer your conditional forgiveness 

• Haha (+1) 1

I go back to the idea that playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right. Why should the Bills risk the cohesion of their locker room when they are very close to achieving great things to protect someone who at best is a backup QB with an insufficient arm? 

If the Bills want to overcome the Patriots they must change their mentality and stop being warm and fuzzy and start thinking about the upside vs downside of keeping a 5th round pick. 

Fromm did make a mistake yes and that girl did set him up.

It sucks for him but like it or not Fromm now is damaged goods and fans and players are now going to use what happened to him and Josh Allen as a cudgel to beat the organization over the head and undermine it. 

The truth is that Fromm is a 5th round pick that isnt worth any of this drama. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

This witch hunt is insane... he made a bad joke in a private conversation via text message a year ago...  Let's see everyone's text history... other players too.

Yeah, I’m sure no Bills players have ever said worse things about women in their private texts.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

This witch hunt is insane... he made a bad joke in a private conversation via text message a year ago...  Let's see everyone's text history... other players too.

The sad thing is that if these old texts came out during any other time, given all that is happening right now, they would not have received anywhere near the attention that they have.

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thank God none of you, including St. Tre and St. Jamal have had your/their conversations recorded and printed on the internet.  What Jake did was wrong and stupid but make no mistake about it we have all done stupid and insensitive things during our lifetime, because we are human and sinful.  

x10 in private text messages with friends. 

Whether the topic is fat people, mentally disabled, sexist, racial, I guarantee a majority of young men of all backgrounds and races have in some form joked around in text messages with friends about any or all of these topics.

For those that want to see Fromm cut, I think that just makes things worst for Josh Allen. You know a reporters next question is going to be why did you cut Fromm when Allen had multiple racist twitter posts?

My next thought is it that it does not seem right to me that private text messages can be leaked to a public forum like twitter. If someone posts something on twitter that is one thing. But a text message between two people should remain between two people. It should take consent from both to publish to twitter or maybe law enforcement can make it public if what is being described or talked about in a text is serious enough to be used in a legal case. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

For those that want to see Fromm cut, I think that just makes things worst for Josh Allen. You know a reporters next question is going to be why did you cut Fromm when Allen had multiple racist twitter posts?

My next thought is it that it does not seem right to me that private text messages can be leaked to a public forum like twitter. If someone posts something on twitter that is one thing. But a text message between two people should remain between two people. It should take consent from both to publish to twitter or maybe law enforcement can make it public if what is being described or talked about in a text is serious enough to be used in a legal case. 

It makes it worse if he stays because everyone forgot about Josh Allens tweets for 2 years and suddenly they are brought up all the time now.

I agree that it isn't right that the girl releases the text messages but that isn't the Bills fault either.

45 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye but fail to notice the beam in yours.

Pride comes before the fall.  If you want to crucify a guy for his sins because its the popular thing to do at the moment be my guest, but you better be very careful about how you live your own life.

Post of the day.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'll admit I've had personal text conversations where I've made very off-color jokes to my friends. It's not right that this was leaked and I don't take it as a statement on who Fromm is as a person. I'm sure everyone here has said something in private that would destroy their career if it was made public.

I know what you're saying but that fact that his friend felt the need to post this publicly leads me to believe this isn't the first time he's made "off-color jokes".

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

I know what you're saying but that fact that his friend felt the need to post this publicly leads me to believe this isn't the first time he's made "off-color jokes".

Maybe Fromm banged his girlfriend? Maybe Fromm is a racist lunatic? I wouldn't assume anything.

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If you dig a little deeper on her twitter, she (its a her) is pretty clear that she is having a great racial awakening in light of the Floyd protests. I'm almost positive this girl doesn't have any additional reason to believe Fromm is a racist.