Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

This isn’t Michael Jordan’s gambling problem.  Nobody’s going to make a documentary 40 years from now about how Jake Fromm, best QB is history, messed up but was so talented that he couldn’t be stopped.  He’s diet John Rocker.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Billl said:

So he said f—k you too.  All better.  He should really connect with the dozens of Buffalo elite.  

Ya? Well I've heard Ed Murphy, Chris Rock, and countless others crack racist jokes and you know what? They were funny as hell. Why? Because I dont get offended at jokes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@DrDare and @Cantankeous — you have both expressed skepticism about my posts that this is all highly problematic for Fromm, particularly in the context of the team. Explain yourselves given that the best player on the team hands down - Tre White - is retweeting posts by multiple pro bowl players (Sherman, Adams, Lockett) taking Fromm to serious task. Plus there is the Jerry Hughes issue, who has been quite vocal about this stuff. They are both ten times the player that Fromm is and genuine team leaders—gamers who always show up and play through injuries. Hughes was badly injured late in the season but was the best player on the field in the Buffalo-Houston playoff game. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills probably need to cut him. They're clearly buying time to see if it blows over and they can salvage their investment. It's like trying to put lipstick on a pig during the height of #metoo. Good luck. 

• Like (+1) 2

I got some flack on this thread for saying how ambiguous and vague McB and TP have been in their statements. Here’s the response I, and probably guys like Tre White were looking for from the org. I’m glad the NFL is finally getting guys like Popa and Cuban. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Bills probably need to cut him. They're clearly buying time to see if it blows over and they can salvage their investment. It's like trying to put lipstick on a pig during the height of #metoo. Good luck. 

@PetermansRedemption, your time may be nigh—is NP available to come back as a camp body to replace Fromm? As I recall, he won the 3-way competition outright with stellar camp/preseason performances :D. How about this for a blast from the past...

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/13/pff-buffalo-bills-nathan-peterman/

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't think it matter if it continues or not... I think a lot of players minds are already made up.

Why do think that?  Do you know them?  Do you think they're incapable of getting to know someone and deciding for themselves?  Why haven't these same players cast Josh Allen and his "racist tweets" overboard?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why do think that?  Do you know them?  Do you think they're incapable of getting to know someone and deciding for themselves?  Why haven't these same players cast Josh Allen and his "racist tweets" overboard?

Because Allen was 15 and using “n*ggas” while sophomorically quoting rap lyrics, a genre he appears to be a big fan of? Huge difference between a young kid doing that and a Bible-Belt holier-than-thou type (look it up) *actually implying that whites are a more elite people* (regardless of whether he was joking or not). It is figuratively apples and oranges. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I got some flack on this thread for saying how ambiguous and vague McB and TP have been in their statements. Here’s the response I, and probably guys like Tre White were looking for from the org. I’m glad the NFL is finally getting guys like Popa and Cuban. 

I don't even understand Ballard's "sentence".  What is the "white community"? Have I missed meetings?  Why aren't all people allowed in the community?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Because Allen was 15 and using “n*ggas” while sophomorically quoting rap lyrics, a genre he appears to be a big fan of? Huge difference between a young kid doing that and a Bible-Belt holier-than-thou type (look it up) *actually implying that whites are a more elite people* (regardless of whether he was joking or not). It is figuratively apples and oranges. 

and expressing his support for adolf hitler ….and saying non white people "aren't right"....

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

Not everyone needs to make a statement I don’t think. 
I don’t feel it’s every company/celebrity/coach/human or whatever’s responsibility to make a public statement saying they do not support racism or do not support the injustices etc etc going on. I find a lot of it to come off as fake and it loses value as everyone jumps on board to voice it. The people in the public eye who are passionate about this have been voicing concern before this latest situation like Popovich. 
Our guys in the locker room who are passionate about this issue currently know Mcd and what he’s all about. A statement now speaking out against what’s happened should not change how they feel about him. 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Agree with this but at what cost do you keep this dude? For the risk of losing your locker room and leaders? 

Not worth it for a 5th round pick and most likely NFL back up at best. 

It all depends. There’s obviously more context we’re not seeing in that text conversation. 
I would think if guys in the buffalo locker room wanted Fromm gone they’d be hitting up players from Georgia who played with him and asking what the deal is with this guy before making a big stand based off a skewed screenshot 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Not everyone needs to make a statement I don’t think. 
I don’t feel it’s every company/celebrity/coach/human or whatever’s responsibility to make a public statement saying they do not support racism or do not support the injustices etc etc going on. I find a lot of it to come off as fake and it loses value as everyone jumps on board to voice it. The people in the public eye who are passionate about this have been voicing concern before this latest situation like Popovich. 
Our guys in the locker room who are passionate about this issue currently know Mcd and what he’s all about. A statement now speaking out against what’s happened should not change how they feel about him. 

Edited by Billl

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I get it.  Because he's religious.

And he clearly did not say whites were elite.  He used the word elite to differentiate some whites from other whites.  For instance if he said left handed whites should have guns he would not be saying all white people are left handed.  Learn to read.

If Josh Allen's actions indicated anything about his tweets were telling of his attitudes he would not do well in a locker room.  It is good that he has been judged by his actions and not his words.  Should Fromm be afforded the same opportunity or should his teammates just decide to hate him now?  Do his Georgia teammates hate him?

I have no idea if Fromm will be any good or not.  My first vibe on him is that he is pretty smart and maybe a bit arrogant.  That might be right or wrong.  My first vibe on Gregg Williams was that he seemed like a good dude.  Oops.  

• Like (+1) 1

Think about every text message you have ever written. I can guaranty everyone has wrote a few that could make them look bad when taken out of context. 

Im quite frankly sick of everyone acting so sanctimonious. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Woah woah woah I make a post about tre and its 99% team related gets locked i get a warning like we can keep the world news out of these forums now today we got 28 pages about Jake $@$#@$ Fromm??

Edited by BillsFan692

I mean I see there has been a lot of discussion about Tre White in this thread. Shame we didnt have another to talk about him and the way he acts about this team and its fan base (been going on since before the protests started for anyone who actually follows his Twitter and isnt starstruck).

Oh. Wait. We did have that thread... until it was mysteriously closed.  Boo.

Anyways -- its alsays been a problem to me that tre wont represent any bills colors on his media. Only dude on team who does that. About 3 months ago he tweeted his "favorite cosch best one he ever had" was his college coach. How rude!!!

He also tweeted something along the lines of "Bills fans were not appreciative enough" of him, because some fans were questioning why we didnt draft mahommes. And he said something like "I know what I have to do, bet."

Beane has made a comment at a prsser re: resigning your own guys along the lines of "Well if a guy wants to play in lousianna there is only so much you can do about that."

Beane recently exercised Tres option presumably to gain some leverage..

Personally given the way tre is acting this past week Id rather they just ditch him and get whatever he is worth probably more then they spent.

Anyone questioning my motives re protests can see what I said for myself in the locked thread before anyone comes at me with that bs.

Tre seriously one tweet away from bringing Joshes 15 year old tweet back into the fray....

Edited by BillsFan692
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2