Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

It’s great that you had those relationships and that you’d give your life for your brothers regardless of race, creed, etc. There is nothing more honorable imo. 

But as I said earlier today, it’s not enough to simply not be a racist. Real change will only happen when we become “anti-racists” and that means zero tolerance when we hear it or witness it. That might mean telling friends to STFU, asking bigoted relatives to leave on Thanksgiving, etc.

Not being racist is too comfortable and convenient for us. When we don’t actively stand up when we see and hear it, we are complicit in the exercise of it. 

I am not complicit because I take action... I stand up for my brothers with action...

I have had their backs in altercations that involved other white people and that really spoke volumes to them... They would do anything for me just as I would for them. 

They also learned context, I taught them how unfair it was to joke and use racial epitaphs then chastise another for joking with the same lingo. Guess what it taught them not to take everything so personally as a personal attack when somebody spoke words. It taught me the same.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

he said Haha after the Elite whites line like he was kidding like it might of been connected to something else said earlier.

But we don't know.

And then went on to say he wasn't elite.

As a non-white...I'm totally not offended.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

he said Haha after the Elite whites line like he was kidding like it might of been connected to something else said earlier.

But we don't know.

yeah, could be anything, right?

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

You'd have to be off the spectrum to understand.

The spectrum of human intelligence, perhaps.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Wasn’t Josh quoting lyrics and like 17 at the time of his tweets?

Fromm wasn’t reciting lyrics and it was last year. Dude suggested only whites should be able to have guns. Little different.?

Allen said "Heil" directed at an account called Hitler and added an emoji to signify the nazi salute. He also said "If it ain't white it ain't right."

Less worrisome was him using slurs, some of which were song lyrics.

Allen's stuff is probably worse than Fromm actually.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hearing from 1st and 2nd banjo in the Appalachian Orchestra now....

Would you mind if I get a transcript of your past texts and decide if there’s anything in there I feel warranted to put you on blast for?

1 minute ago, McGahee said:

Allen said "Heil" directed at an account called Hitler and added an emoji to signify the nazi salute. He also said "If it ain't white it ain't right."

Less worrisome was him using slurs, some of which were song lyrics.

Allen's stuff is probably worse than Fromm actually.

yes what could he of possibly been referencing that happened to have aired around that time.

if you ain't team white.....you ain't right. oh Phil :) (With ...

not sure i’d cut him. i might leave it up to the team/leaders.  Let him talk to the team in person, apologize, explain himself.  see how the club feels after that.  maybe his teammates will not want him to be cut over this.  maybe they will. let’s see 

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

yes what could he of possibly been referencing that happened to have aired around that time.

if you ain't team white.....you ain't right. oh Phil :) (With ...

If he has said something like '(Characters name) is so clueless with the "If you ain't white you ain't right" shirt, you might have a point. Him just saying that combined with everything else shows what scum he is.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

not sure i’d cut him. i might leave it up to the team/leaders.  Let him talk to the team in person, apologize, explain himself.  see how the club feels after that.  maybe his teammates will not want him to be cut over this.  maybe they will. let’s see 

One would assume the owners/management/coaches conferred aongnst themselves with the team leaders and they were satisfied with the apology, hence the statement where they said they're not releasing him.  Frazier stated as much.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

his new teammates don't even know him.

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wasn’t Josh quoting lyrics and like 17 at the time of his tweets?

Fromm wasn’t reciting lyrics and it was last year. Dude suggested only whites should be able to have guns. Little different.?

Seriously. There’s a substantial difference between a high schooler at some podunk town and a starting QB for an SEC team. Jake Fromm State Farm should have known better. He’s spent time in a diverse locker room at a large school and been prepped on social media conduct, interviews, etc.

HUGE DIFFERENCE between the two. 

• Like (+1) 1

He seems to be joking about being an elite white person. Bad form and bad timing. What if Josh's "if it ain't white, it ain't right" tweet just got leaked? Would we have to cut him too? How is this different? Before you judge, think about if every one of your texts got made public, would there be anything to talk about? He made a mistake.  He took ownership and apologized. Forgive and move on imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, McGahee said:

If he has said something like '(Characters name) is so clueless with the "If you ain't white you ain't right" shirt, you might have a point. Him just saying that combined with everything else shows what scum he is.

Pretty sure it had like a broken image site/link almost like it was from a tweet almost a decade old. Also I did check the timeline with the episode and they match.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

I mean its the texts and the fact he doesn't have an arm.

The Bills drafted him because even though he has subpar physical attributes apparently is super smart and good at intangibles. 

He certainly doesn't have "elite white person" intangibles and he can't throw.