Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t crucify the kid without seeing the entire conversation. It seemed like he was egged on and it was a running joke between them. Either way he’s taking a real beating over this. 
Regardless of race I’m sure lots of these guys say inappropriate racey jokes in private texts or in person. Jamal Adams might not be so vocal if texts were “leaked” at a perfect time just to go after his credibility. Plenty of white guys and black guys joke about other races without actually being racist. Maybe it’s worse than I think I can’t put myself in someone else’s shoes but claiming to be white elite seems like a joke from someone who isn’t even making much money at the time. 

What a great response. Black people say bad things too. 

Jesus Christ 

anyways here is another QB this board will like more than Tyrod soon enough. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Dog park woman lost her job before the Floyd murder. That's just off the top of my head. 

I don't think you can quite call the dog-off-leash (not dog park) woman "a dumb choice of words".  She responded to a request to leash her dog in accord with the posted signs by saying she would make a false report to the police.  That's actually a crime as well as a lie and immoral.

But Fromm's tweets or what have you read to me like BS'ing around and I'm with those who would like to know the whole context of the tweets.

• Like (+1) 1

When issues like this are being discussed, a lot of people should really remember the adage that it is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Billl said:

You realize Williams was suspended longer than anyone for his role in that ordeal, right?

Of course I do. My point is mistakes are made and said. Words are misinterpreted. Williams was malicious, not racial. Just like Fromm was sarcastic, not racial. Brees spoke of patriotism, not race. Sensitivity is at an all time high, like a virgin rounding 3rd base for the first time.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

What a great response. Black people say bad things too. 

Jesus Christ 

anyways here is another QB this board will like more than Tyrod soon enough. 

Jesus Christ probably never mentioned “elite white people”.  

If it is true, just cut him.  That's the only statement that can be made that these kinds of views - even if said jokingly in social media, are simply unacceptable.  It's the only way to move forward and keep this team together.  Also, if it's true, ***** job by Bills in vetting the guy - should have understood by now that social media needs to be scanned meticulously prior to drafting a guy.  I sure hope is fake.  Dividing the team cannot happen and he must go if this is accurate - it's that simple.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

If it is true, just cut him.  That's the only statement that can be made that these kinds of views - even if said jokingly in social media, are simply unacceptable.  It's the only way to move forward and keep this team together.  Also, if it's true, ***** job by Bills in vetting the guy - should have understood by now that social media needs to be scanned meticulously prior to drafting a guy.  I sure hope is fake.  Dividing the team cannot happen and he must go if this is accurate - it's that simple.

Yeah Bills should have read every private text he ever sent. ? 

it wasnt social media. It was a private text. You’re being s little ridiculous here. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

This was not "social media" available to the public.  It was a private text exchange.  Whether there is "other" stuff in the public realm but we have yet to see it.  It's also curious that this young lady does not call him out on having made a racist statement.  She calls him out for using the word "elite" and implying that he himself was.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

If he said it, it's a problem, even if he was joking. 

Agree.

Joking is NOT funny. :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

It sounds like it was a joke.

oh no, he said guns are good! Lock him up!

come on - the man said......

(not a problem)

11 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

This was not "social media" available to the public.  It was a private text exchange.  Whether there is "other" stuff in the public realm but we have yet to see it.  

That’s partly the biggest problem is so many read the headline and have zero clue of the actual situation or context and base judgement immediately. It’s ok to click stories and read what actually happens 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t crucify the kid without seeing the entire conversation. It seemed like he was egged on and it was a running joke between them. Either way he’s taking a real beating over this. 
Regardless of race I’m sure lots of these guys say inappropriate racey jokes in private texts or in person. Jamal Adams might not be so vocal if texts were “leaked” at a perfect time just to go after his credibility. Plenty of white guys and black guys joke about other races without actually being racist. Maybe it’s worse than I think I can’t put myself in someone else’s shoes but claiming to be white elite seems like a joke from someone who isn’t even making much money at the time. 

58 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Reasonable and decent response. Be nice if that were the norm.

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think you can quite call the dog-off-leash (not dog park) woman "a dumb choice of words". 
But Fromm's tweets or what have you read to me like BS'ing and I'm with those who would like to know the whole context of the tweets.

I was friends with mostly minorities in the military...they accepted me and I accepted them. We would joke with each other about all kinds of "inappropriate" things, brought on by them first mind you... I didn't start joking back until they said off-color jokes. We loved each other and would die for each other! We had each other's backs and had respect for each other started by this kind of bonding. 

Would you call them racist for off-color comments they made? No, they were joking and you needed the context. Would you call me racist for off-color comments I would rib them with? Absolutely!

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I was friends with mostly minorities in the military...they accepted me and I accepted them. We would joke with each other about all kinds of "inappropriate" things, brought on by them first mind you... I didn't start joking back until they said off-color jokes. We loved each other and would die for each other! We had each other's backs and had respect for each other started by this kind of bonding. 

Would you call them racist for off-color comments they made? No, they were joking and you needed the context. Would you call me racist for off-color comments I would rib them with? Absolutely!

If you made racist jokes against blacks in a conversation between yourself and another white person, yes.  Joking around about race with minorities doesn’t give you free license to say racist things for life.