Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The third guy, Timothy Kennedy, is a Democrat.

That bum who thought it was a good idea to take the Sabres to arbitration?

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I wonder how long it will be when the media shows up to the Jets facility to ask Gregg Williams if he could elaborate on his " kill the head and the body will die" comment several years ago? 

You see, I can play this game too! 

The kid has a little sarcasm in him, who doesn't. Plenty of people and team mates have come to his defense. Maybe it's time for some media circles to fish in deeper waters instead of wading in a stream.

I might be inclined to agree with you but I need to check with Twitter to see if I'm supposed to hate you.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not sure how "conservative" any of these people are, but...

Chris Jacobs is a NYS State Senator (R- Buffalo)  who represents part of Buffalo. He's a Republican. He's running for Chris Collins old seat though, so there is a chance he will be gone soon. Mike Ranzenhofer is also a Republican, (R- Buffalo), State Senator.  The third guy, Timothy Kennedy, is a Democrat.

Jacobs seat is mainly Hamburg , orchard Park, Tonawanda, with only a small section of Buffalo

Mainely southtown not the city

Same with Mike R, more inner suburbs

Edited by Buffalo716

I think it’s important to consider Jake’s character overall in the context of what we know of him, other than one text viewed in isolation/out of context? Just saying there’s a big difference between an inappropriate one-off sorry excuse for what may have been a joke, versus having a catalogue of troubling incidents that show the measure of a racist flawed worldview, imho.

Of course, it’s possible that this is in fact par for the course for Jake, but as it’s just as possible that it’s not, I won’t tar and feather him permanently just yet until knowing more. I can say as a GA resident for a number of years, I haven’t ever heard something like this before about him in the local press, fwiw.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Jacobs seat is mainly Hamburg , orchard Park, Tonawanda, with only a small section of Buffalo

Mainely southtown

He happens to represent my parents area in Buffalo, so I knew he was in the city.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes it's a very small portion. Very small

I found it more interesting that his constituent breakdown is 45.7% D,  26.1% R,  19.5% (no party).  Guess the Jacobs money can overcome...

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I found it more interesting that his constituent breakdown is 45.7% D,  26.1% R,  19.5% (no party).  Guess the Jacobs money can overcome...

Yes I saw that too. Quite interesting, though it probably says something about the Democrat opponent he ran against last time

Probably super unqualified

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

the conversation does seem to indicate there was prior conversation that was for whatever reason not included but who knows what that says.

I would want to know what that says before I could come to a conclusion.  As a member of the jury in the court of public opinion, I'd want to know that.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've touched on this before so I don't want to get to in depth and hijack this thread

The city is not one area. Buffalo is made up of the east side, the Westside, North buffalo , South Buffalo, downtown, Lovejoy, kaisertown, Elmwood village, Allentown etc

All these neighborhoods are pretty much separate. Some are doing better than the others

North Buffalo, Elmwood village, downtown, Allentown all have been revitalized or in the process of. It is gorgeous and a nice place to raise your family

The east side and west side are still projects for the most part, and needs serious revitalization. That is where most of the poverty and child poverty and sadness is. On the east and west side of Buffalo, the Southside also has a poverty problem

Which is why I am largely speaking regionally and those numbers aren't specific to a neighborhood. People are just reshuffling, the overall situation is not getting better. It is trendier now than ever to live "in the city" so those can afford to do so, are doing it. But things are not better for the people who were originally there. They are exactly the same, they just live in a different neighorhood now. That isn't progress. 

This time I am really out. ha!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes I saw that too. Quite interesting, though it probably says something about the Democrat opponent he ran against last time

Probably super unqualified

I asked my mother how in the world they ended up with an R the other day (she was contacting the Feds for something and she needed the State so I had to get her the proper contacts) as I was very surprised to not see a D. She said he was a very good guy. ?‍♂️

I don’t care to get into the politics, or Fromm’s character. I just enjoyed the “white elite” part of the text. Funny how some pro athletes seem to think they are “elites”, because they have money based solely off the ability to play a game. 

17 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I wonder how long it will be when the media shows up to the Jets facility to ask Gregg Williams if he could elaborate on his " kill the head and the body will die" comment several years ago? 

You see, I can play this game too! 

You realize Williams was suspended longer than anyone for his role in that ordeal, right?

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This kid's just another dumb redneck.   There was a reason no one wanted this bum.

They should toss his banjo strummin hillbilly ass to the curb.

No, he’s an “elite” apparently. 

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

Which is why I am largely speaking regionally and those numbers aren't specific to a neighborhood. People are just reshuffling, the overall situation is not getting better. It is trendier now than ever to live "in the city" so those can afford to do so, are doing it. But things are not better for the people who were originally there. They are exactly the same, they just live in a different neighorhood now. That isn't progress. 

This time I am really out. ha!

When you can have civil conversations, you don't need to run from important things

I completely agree, this has always been my home so I see it

I got a lot of flak in the new stadium thread, because I specifically said poor residents of the East and West sides can't afford an increase in taxes to pay for a new stadium

There are lots of people in the city doing good, and there are lots doing bad. As I said it's mainly the east and west side that's in hard poverty, and it's been that way for a long long time, it's sad

But the city is definitely safer than it was in 1992 and that's progress at least. The days of Sly green running wild on the east side are no more for the most part. Those days are gone

Edited by Buffalo716

I wouldn’t crucify the kid without seeing the entire conversation. It seemed like he was egged on and it was a running joke between them. Either way he’s taking a real beating over this. 
Regardless of race I’m sure lots of these guys say inappropriate racey jokes in private texts or in person. Jamal Adams might not be so vocal if texts were “leaked” at a perfect time just to go after his credibility. Plenty of white guys and black guys joke about other races without actually being racist. Maybe it’s worse than I think I can’t put myself in someone else’s shoes but claiming to be white elite seems like a joke from someone who isn’t even making much money at the time. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t crucify the kid without seeing the entire conversation. It seemed like he was egged on and it was a running joke between them. Either way he’s taking a real beating over this. 
Regardless of race I’m sure lots of these guys say inappropriate racey jokes in private texts or in person. Jamal Adams might not be so vocal if texts were “leaked” at a perfect time just to go after his credibility. Plenty of white guys and black guys joke about other races without actually being racist. Maybe it’s worse than I think I can’t put myself in someone else’s shoes but claiming to be white elite seems like a joke from someone who isn’t even making much money at the time. 

Reasonable and decent response. Be nice if that were the norm.

• Thank you (+1) 1