Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

Just now, Augie said:

This is why some things you never even kid about, especially in writing, even if you think it’s between friends. 

I can just hope it’s proven to be bogus.

He already apologized.

Luckily, some former and current players from Georgia are already coming to his defense.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There are conservative people in Buffalo, but the city is not a low-key conservative place anymore

We haven't had a Republican mayor in over 50 years. We are a liberal City now

The suburbs are different

I was referring to regionally. Only about a 1/4 of the region lives in the city limits. Even then, if you lived in Amherst and went to Denver, you would say you were from Buffalo. Drawing municipal lines is irrelevant. WNY as a region is more conservative (and segregated) than anybody really wants to admit. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JoeF said:
11m

Bills statement on Jake Fromm: (1/2) “Earlier today, we became aware of comments made in a text message conversation involving Jake Fromm in 2019. He was wrong and he admitted it to us. We don’t condone what he said. Jake was honest and forthcoming to us about the text exchange.

Bills statement part two: “He asked for an opportunity to address and apologize to his teammates and coaches today in a team meeting, which he did. We will continue to work with Jake on the responsibilities of being a Buffalo Bill on and off the field.”

Speaks well of Fromm and the Bills for giving him the opportunity. 

Just now, Mango said:

I was referring to regionally. Only about a 1/4 of the region lives in the city limits. Even then, if you lived in Amherst and went to Denver, you would say you were from Buffalo. Drawing municipal lines is irrelevant. WNY as a region is more conservative (and segregated) than anybody really wants to admit. 

Western New York is conservative, I don't think anybody would dispute that

But actual City people don't consider Amherst Buffalo or lancaster, or OP Buffalo

All those people who live in those burbs say they're from Buffalo, but the people that live in the city wouldn't call a Amherst native a buffalonian

They think they are privileged suburbanites , not going through the struggle like the City slickers

Having a house in the city and burbs, this is something I have seen and learned over the years

All the suburbanites call themselves buffalonians, while the people in the city don't think of them as Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This is where I'm at but Beane loves his draft picks and he's a QB(A faith based QB at that) If he was a 7th round CB he'd be released ASAP.

If the FO allows a 5th rounder to disrupt what was by all accounts an extraordinarily close knit locker room they are much stupider than I realized

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Everyone who doesn't share my level of sanctimonious outrage is the problem.

Remember son.  When you express your racist, elitist views, make sure you cover your tracks.