Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

I wonder, as we as a society continue to evolve, what will people in the future think of todays use of Twitter/ Facebook/ Instagram?    I just don't understand the need people have to share their life, their opinions, and their thoughts with so many people (including strangers) and at such a high frequency. 

I get that these applications started out as fun ways to communicate  but what drives this need for attention, praise, and validation?  

People are idiots*

*says the guy w/ 40k posts

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

Then there should be no Hollywood...............

......No Mike Vick coming back to the NFL....

Nah.

Cripes, Drew Brees statement was being looked upon as hate speech.

This country has become soft as *****.

Remember when Shaq made fun of Asian people by trying to talk like one on TV?

That would be a death sentence today.

Eddie Murphy drew many laughs making fun of mimmicking people from other races. Should that be dug up since he was an adult and should he be villified today?

You seem to be misrepresenting my point or just aren't really interested in hearing it.

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

In the follow up text she tells the other girl that this is a teaching moment. She just ruined this guy's career.  Hell of a lesson. 

Make no mistake.  HE ruined his career.

• Like (+1) 1

Richard Sherman.

Huh.

Does anyone remember this just last year?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/terencemoore/2019/12/06/nice-try-richard-sherman-but-racist-comments-are-racist-comments-in-sports/#5307a1a63c14

Personally, I agreed with Sherman but my point is people are wayyyyy to sensitive when anything about race is brought up.

Edited by Beast

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Yes, most of us probably have said something in the past that we would regret today and I also suspect that most of us forgot all about it too.  Most people grow and evolve.  I am 61 and not the exact same person I was when I was 16, or 22, or 35, or even 50. 

We need to teach our young people that Twitter/ emails/ texting/ cell phones leave a stain.  They leave a trail that can come back to haunt.  

This thing we are talking about here, I am not sure it is real, or when it happened, or any other context written before it.  This stuff just shows up and BAMM.   I recall josh Allen was accused of racist remarks when he was a teenager and he had to address it. 

It sounds like a young person saying stupid things.  That is all I can make out of it. 

So your takeaway from this is that we need to teach our kids to be more careful to avoid leaving a paper trail when expressing their bigoted opinions?  You’re part of the problem.

1 minute ago, Billl said:

So your takeaway from this is that we need to teach our kids to be more careful to avoid leaving a paper trail when expressing their bigoted opinions?  You’re part of the problem.

Yeah, that's EXACTLY what he said.

Cripes.

Stupid ass text message but it was a year ago and in private. Not today after what has happened in this lat week nor in public. So tired of this modern day witch hunt. Beat your kids and get a few game suspension, but say a mean word in a private text conversation and get fired? Seems logical to me!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11m

Bills statement on Jake Fromm: (1/2) “Earlier today, we became aware of comments made in a text message conversation involving Jake Fromm in 2019. He was wrong and he admitted it to us. We don’t condone what he said. Jake was honest and forthcoming to us about the text exchange.

Bills statement part two: “He asked for an opportunity to address and apologize to his teammates and coaches today in a team meeting, which he did. We will continue to work with Jake on the responsibilities of being a Buffalo Bill on and off the field.”
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, That's No Moon said:

Then Buffalo doesn't deserve him and I hope he walks if that's the way it's going to be.

I think Tre is a bit overboard with it but that is just my opinion.

Tre White is still my favorite Buffalo Bill.

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:
11m

Bills statement on Jake Fromm: (1/2) “Earlier today, we became aware of comments made in a text message conversation involving Jake Fromm in 2019. He was wrong and he admitted it to us. We don’t condone what he said. Jake was honest and forthcoming to us about the text exchange.

Bills statement part two: “He asked for an opportunity to address and apologize to his teammates and coaches today in a team meeting, which he did. We will continue to work with Jake on the responsibilities of being a Buffalo Bill on and off the field.”

Sounds like he's not getting cut.  Unless someone claims he said or did more racist things.

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

Talk about an over reaction.   I did not say "teach our kids to be more careful to avoid leaving a paper trail when expressing their bigoted opinions".   Of course you teach your kids not to be bigoted.  This "paper trail" (your words) can apply to anything. 

You owe me an apology, if you do not see that you do then YOU are part of the problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

Personally, I think anyone who makes a joke insinuating white people should have exclusive privileges, even if done ironically, should not only be cut, but ostracized from society and made to live alone in the mountains as a hermit.

And I don't want to hear that the absurdity of the insinuation was the punchline of the joke, or that context matters. White privilege is too serious to joke about.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billl said:

Everyone who doesn't share my level of sanctimonious outrage is the problem.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Personally, I think anyone who makes a joke insinuating white people should have exclusive privileges, even if done ironically, should not only be cut, but ostracized from society and made to live alone in the mountains as a hermit.

And I don't want to hear that the absurdity of the insinuation was the punchline of the joke, or that context matters. White privilege is too serious to joke about.. 

Okay then

somebody makes one off-the-cuff remark and you want them ostracized from society.. even if it was wrong..  people make mistakes

We release murderers in this society

Got it

Edited by Buffalo716