Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

Just now, dorquemada said:

This is a great point.   I want the audio logs from xbox live and the playstation network for every single NFL player.  If there's any racism or misogyny, transphobia, or any other kind of bigotry, they must immediately be cut from the NFL, and banished from society

Oh man... I pretty much only play online with friends in party chat to avoid all that.  Now if you listen to my call of duty warzone party chat you'll just repeatedly hear me say "wow i suck", "why am i so bad at shooting?", "why do i play this game?", and "are you serious?!"

1 hour ago, Mango said:

It could be fake or real do 100 reasons. But I don't think spelling somebody's name wrong in your contacts is a sign. I have all sorts of misspellings in my contacts. Ashley vs. Ashleigh. Jeff's, my friend Pat is actually accidentally in as Pam. As far as his picture. He is a kid fresh out of college, not a dude who is yet to be ingrained in the NFL. Looks relatively standard to me. 

Hopefully this is fake though. 

Anyone who spells their name Ashleigh deserves to have it spelled wrong

• Haha (+1) 3

I understand its a private text, but is it a reflection of a pattern of behavior?  I think the Bills should at least investigate that aspect of this if they haven't as part of their due diligence on him.  If its a pattern; if there are other incidents (and that's a big if) it would be hard to keep him.

Just now, dneveu said:

Oh man... I pretty much only play online with friends in party chat to avoid all that.  Now if you listen to my call of duty warzone party chat you'll just repeatedly hear me say "wow i suck", "why am i so bad at shooting?", "why do i play this game?", and "are you serious?!"

yeah log into a public game and all you'll hear is the N word.  I think they've changed some of that recently, but i stopped for the same reason, that and I'm terrible at it

Just now, JoeF said:

I understand its a private text, but is it a reflection of a pattern of behavior?  I think the Bills should at least investigate that aspect of this if they haven't as part of their due diligence on him.  If its a pattern; if there are other incidents (and that's a big if) it would be hard to keep him.

If it's a pattern of behavior where's the rest of the instances of that happening?  I mean besides the obvious fake from England.  If this guy is some kind of Boss Hogg style racist there should be plenty of evidence of such, and not just a single screengrab from a private conversation.

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

yeah log into a public game and all you'll hear is the N word.  I think they've changed some of that recently, but i stopped for the same reason, that and I'm terrible at it

If it's a pattern of behavior where's the rest of the instances of that happening?  I mean besides the obvious fake from England.  If this guy is some kind of Boss Hogg style racist there should be plenty of evidence of such, and not just a single screengrab from a private conversation.

And how do you know this until you look into it?  So you think the Bills should just drop it now and not investigate further?  Doesn't sit well with me.

9 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

So we're supposed to tar and feather this guy because of a 1 year old screenshot of part of a private text exchange? What if the other person said something about "elite white people" earlier in the message and he was trying to make a joke about it? 

This isn't even worth an apology IMO. 

Oh yes.....that's what we're doing now.   In my town we're in the process of tar and feathering the new mayor because she (minority female btw) fumbled her response to a question about protests.

Edited by KD in CA

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

And how do you know this until you look into it?  So you think the Bills should just drop it now and not investigate further?  Doesn't sit well with me.

I expect the Bills did some due dilligence, which for obvious reasons wouldn't include the contents of private text conversations.  If there's record of other 'racist' conversations, i'm sure our brave twitter warriors will come up with it.  Then everyone can celebrate ruining a man's career because of this horrible crime

Just now, dorquemada said:

I expect the Bills did some due dilligence, which for obvious reasons wouldn't include the contents of private text conversations.  If there's record of other 'racist' conversations, i'm sure our brave twitter warriors will come up with it.  Then everyone can celebrate ruining a man's career because of this horrible crime

Thanks for you guidance on this issue.  I feel like I need another shower...

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I bet Tre and Addison won’t accept this apology. Based on there reactions to Brees’s apology. 

But maybe because they were made when he was very young still  guess we will see 

Tre seems to like Shady a whole lot, who we can almost GUARANTEE has said some incredibly insensitive stuff about women behind closed doors.

The ivory tower only provides a longer way to fall. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yet incognito still has a job in the nfl - let’s revisit those texts...

Truth.  I read them all.  It was the first season of kid pitch baseball.  I had the time.  Cogs is a pretty awful person.  I don’t think he intentionally bullied his teammate, but he’s not a good dude.  Or was not at the time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

Tre seems to like Shady a whole lot, who we can almost GUARANTEE has said some incredibly insensitive stuff about women behind closed doors.

This logic checks out.

What is Controversy? - Access Blog

54 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's obviously a joke. A dumb joke and insensitive, but people say dumb things in private text conversations all the time.

If he gets fired for this it shows what a backward world we live in. Getting fired for a private joke made in a private conversation?

I guess Drew Brees should get fired for saying people shouldn't kneel during the anthem. Josh Allen should get fired for the tweets he sent as a teenager.

And I am totally on board with the cause against police brutality and believe that African Americans have it much worse.

Agree. I'll be very disappointed if he gets cut. It was a bad joke. We have a POTUS who talked about grabbing women by the ***** and he's still POTUS. What a malicious person who posted this, and creepy that she even had it after all this time.

Before anyone attacks me... I'm a participant in BLM protests. But this effort to destroy anyone's career or integrity because of one mistake has absolutely gotten out of hand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Oh yes.....that's what we're doing now.   In my town we're in the process of tar and feathering the new mayor because she (minority female btw) fumbled her response to a question about protests.

Twitter outrage getting those results ?

Twitter is a plague on society 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Tre’s right about the response by Brees.  I had the same reaction: Brees has a good PR person.  Not a great one though because a great PR person would have made it seem more genuine and believable.