Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What about Tre, who has been very vocal on Twitter? What about the other black (and white for that matter) players who have not been vocal? 

Needs to be open to sitting down with every single guy on the team... and being open to listening to them.  Trying to understand where others are coming from.  Empathy. 

He probably looks at casual joking racism as "im not really racist", but in all reality - that's something that enables deeper discrimination.  Making it funny and OK is one of the main problems.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So this one has now been deleted by the twitter person who:

Owner of the Quarantine Comedy Club. Author of soon to be book “Think Like a Hoe, Act Like a N*gga.” Kylie Jenner posted me on her IG feed one time IG

@d

.funnys

and is from London England

So is this just some random twitter post you pulled from latest after searching Jake Fromm?

Yeah so now we also have to get rid of Allen.  I mean what he said was 10x worse.  Fromm stated an existing reality, which is only elite white people can get silencers.  I mean anyone can but not too many have the money and patience, not to mention ability to wade through the considerable process and paperwork to get a silencer.  I'd love to get one myself so I dont bother the neighbors when I shoot, but there's no way i'm going through all that.

Letting the crybullies run things is going to suck.  Let's have a society where we're constantly tattling on each other and the punishment for wrongthink is the gulag.  What could possibly go wrong?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know if this has been stated here, but he released a statement with a link in Sal's Twitter feed. Acknowledges and owns it and then apologizes. I don't think that's good enough, but now we wait to see what the Bills' brass does. 

Edit: putting twitter link mentioned above in here

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
adding link to actual tweet

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

It is part of a thread, and Fromm allegedly says that guns are good (not a problem), that he should be allowed to get suppressors (silencers), and that they should make suppressors expensive enough so that only elite white people could get them. The response is basically "Wtf, you think you're elite? Look at your profile picture."

If legit - and I am not saying it is - it's super-problematic for the obvious reasons, but also because Fromm has painted himself as Bible-quoting devout Christian whose hobby is praying. (I'm not making the last part up). https://sportsspectrum.com/sport/football/2019/08/30/georgia-qb-jake-fromm-follows-god-embraces-pressure-as-he-chases-elusive-title/

God and guns!!

There are two constants in our universe, 1) Hydrogen, and 2) Stupidity.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FluffHead said:

The fact he has addressed the team already seems to indicate to me that they will not cut the cord on him immediately.  Even though I probably would. 

If I was McDermott/Beane I would speak with the leaders of the team to get their take on the situation before making a decision either way. I give Fromm props for speaking to his teammates directly, though, and not just releasing an apology.

Just now, FluffHead said:

The fact he has addressed the team already seems to indicate to me that they will not cut the cord on him immediately.  Even though I probably would. 

I’d cut him. Anything to upset the balance of the team right now needs to be gone. Seems like the JA stuff a few years back was handled internally and he earned the respect of his teammates. With emotions running high, I wouldn’t risk rocking the boat for a 5th rd noodle armed rookie.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

His comments should upset working class people, regardless of race. Speaking of guns, police shoot white working class rural folks at almost the same rate as black urban folks. So his statement is classist, as well. 

Edited by leonbus23

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I’d cut him. Anything to upset the balance of the team right now needs to be gone. Seems like the JA stuff a few years back was handled internally and he earned the respect of his teammates. With emotions running high, I wouldn’t risk rocking the boat for a 5th rd noodle armed rookie.

So you better be prepared to cut a bunch of other people too.  Let's create a twitter army and go through every tweet by every player and any sign that they ever engaged in any kind of wrongthink, they must be cut immediately.  Maybe send them to jail too because we can never be too pure as a people. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I probably would at least consider it?  Might be easier to stash on the PS now in any case.