Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know this isn't from his twitter or social media it's a private text conversation.

This isn’t the first incident of this. If you read the trend there are a lot of people saying I knew it. He always acted that way etc etc. so I am sure with their extensive background checks flags were found 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

No Jake is ruining his own career. It’s an important distinction. Hold him accountable for his words, not the one who made them public. 

He made a mildly racist comment in jest in a private text message. 

You think your text history (or everything you have said aloud) could survive that kind of scrutiny? Even if there isn't a drop of racism, what about sexism? Transphobia? Xenophobia? Have you been 100% woke at all time your entire life? What about before being woke was a thing. Is your record spotless back then too?  And, lets keep in mind, it doesn't matter if the comment was made in jest. Uttering the words is all that matters.  

I don't know man, that is a tough bar. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

he deserves some blowback and serious conversations. How he handles those would be a major test of whether he stays.

Well so far his Agency has hung up on a media looking for response. 

the bills have a leadership committe right?  send it to them and see what should happen.  it's one of those situations where is an apology ok and he promises to do some community work and educate himself enough?  or do you cut him?

chad kelly has been arrested for breaking into homes, and how many other things and he's on a freaking team right now.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's obviously a joke. A dumb joke and insensitive, but people say dumb things in private text conversations all the time.

If he gets fired for this it shows what a backward world we live in. Getting fired for a private joke made in a private conversation?

I guess Drew Brees should get fired for saying people shouldn't kneel during the anthem. Josh Allen should get fired for the tweets he sent as a teenager.

And I am totally on board with the cause against police brutality and believe that African Americans have it much worse.

I tend to agree - it was said in a personal conversation... doesn't necessarily represent his beliefs. 

But its also possibly the worst time something like this could be leaked out.  And his teammates have all seen it at this point...  What he says next will basically make or break whether he has a career or not.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Not in this climate. The Bills have to cut him. 

If he came out and had a sincere apology immediately (He still has time... but his reps hanging up on questions about this kind of makes it seem like he does not care) I would want him to remain a Bill. 

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

If he came out and had a sincere apology immediately (He still has time... but his reps hanging up on questions about this kind of makes it seem like he does not care) I would want him to remain a Bill. 

What about Tre, who has been very vocal on Twitter? What about the other black (and white for that matter) players who have not been vocal? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

I'd even go so far as to have an emotional like - speaking post.  A written apology probably isn't enough here.  

Speak from the heart - accept responsibility and blame.  Say how you're trying to be a better person - and give up some of that signing bonus towards a charity.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What about Tre, who has been very vocal on Twitter? What about the other black (and white for that matter) players who have not been vocal? 

That is their personal decision and I would respect it either way. My point is he needs to apologize. Period. Hiding from it does not help.

• Like (+1) 1