Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

2 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

yea...he's gone lol

I don't see the front office or this coaching staff doing that in this case...if this wasn't satire, which I've expressed my thohghts on already, this is a teachable moment (I guess I'm assuming this was a joke at worst if not satire, and not his true underlying belief system, but even then he's what, 22...not excusing racism in 22 y/o, just they really arent their own person yet).

Even then, this is a really good opportunity for the team to come together and help someone grow. 

11 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

If true, move on from him.  

I'm sure that'll be an unpopular sentiment, but so be it.  

If that happens, I’ll be interested to see if all those who defend the rights of corporations to dictate employee behaviors as we’ve seen in the Kaepernick threads are the ones arguing that the Bills were wrong to cut Fromm for simply expressing his view. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I don't see the front office or this coaching staff doing that in this case...if this wasn't satire, which I've expressed my thohghts on already, this is a teachable moment (I guess I'm assuming this was a joke at worst if not satire, and not his true underlying belief system, but even then he's what, 22...not excusing racism in 22 y/o, just they really arent their own person yet).

Even then, this is a really good opportunity for the team to come together and help someone grow. 

Usually, yes.  In this moment? No way. I don't think there is alot of interest at the moment in helping racists grow. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

If that happens, I’ll be interested to see if all those who defend the rights of corporations to dictate employee behaviors as we’ve seen in the Kaepernick threads are the ones arguing that the Bills were wrong to cut Fromm for simply expressing his view. 

I was 100% behind the idea that Kaep is free to express himself, and the owners are free to punish him as they see fit (within the law of course).

I’m likewise 100% behind Fromm being allowed to say what he believes...and the team is free to punish him as they see fit (within the law of course).

• Like (+1) 4

I'll admit I've had personal text conversations where I've made very off-color jokes to my friends. It's not right that this was leaked and I don't take it as a statement on who Fromm is as a person. I'm sure everyone here has said something in private that would destroy their career if it was made public.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

so in the follow up section he says he isn't an elite white person, I don't know but I want to see what they were saying before this specific cut away because this feels awfully targeted.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'll admit I've had personal text conversations where I've made very off-color jokes to my friends. It's not right that this was leaked and I don't take it as a statement on who Fromm is as a person. I'm sure everyone here has said something in private that would destroy their career if it was made public.

Still... It leaked. And he said some horribly ignorant stuff... at a really bad time.

He's gotta do some serious damage control to try and save his career.  He was fringe material before this, now ur own teammates see who you can be behind closed doors. Like... An apology is huge, a personal change is huger. Especially after the stuff McDermott said in his presser.

• Like (+1) 1