Jake Fromm: Controversial comments

Will Meade just posted in Twitter (stock/investment guy), something along the lines of Fromm say goodbye to your career. 

Apparently this was just posted online by someone who was texting Fromm. Not confirmed if real or not but the timing is terrible. 

20200604_124705.jpg

Just now, dave mcbride said:

It's a top trender on twitter right now ...

Yeah nobody has really dove into it so I have no idea how it's catching steam, but for Will Meade to randomly tweet this on a trading day, he knows people so it might be bad news. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:49 PM, Elite Poster said:

Will Meade just posted in Twitter (stock/investment guy), something along the lines of Fromm say goodbye to your career. 

Apparently this was just posted online by someone who was texting Fromm. Not confirmed if real or not but the timing is terrible. 

20200604_124705.jpg

So you think you're an elite poster?!! Just look at your name and avatar?!?!:cry:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 4

Ok, I believe this is fake for one reason. Look at the spelling of Jacob(which is his middle name but goes by Jake). It is spelled Jakob. Now I know people can misspell a name, but if he was talking to someone he knew why in the world would it be spelled like that. 

Also why would Fromm have a pic like that as his display. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Ok, I believe this is fake for one reason. Look at the spelling of Jacob(which is his middle name but goes by Jake). It is spelled Jakob. Now I know people can misspell a name, but if he was talking to someone he knew why in the world would it be spelled like that. 

Also why would Fromm have a pic like that as his display. 

It could be fake or real do 100 reasons. But I don't think spelling somebody's name wrong in your contacts is a sign. I have all sorts of misspellings in my contacts. Ashley vs. Ashleigh. Jeff's, my friend Pat is actually accidentally in as Pam. As far as his picture. He is a kid fresh out of college, not a dude who is yet to be ingrained in the NFL. Looks relatively standard to me. 

Hopefully this is fake though. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Then I'm an idiot - I legit don't understand who is talking and what they're saying.

It is part of a thread, and Fromm allegedly says that guns are good (not a problem), that he should be allowed to get suppressors (silencers), and that they should make suppressors expensive enough so that only elite white people could get them. The response is basically "Wtf, you think you're elite? Look at your profile picture."

If legit - and I am not saying it is - it's super-problematic for the obvious reasons, but also because Fromm has painted himself as Bible-quoting devout Christian whose hobby is praying. (I'm not making the last part up). https://sportsspectrum.com/sport/football/2019/08/30/georgia-qb-jake-fromm-follows-god-embraces-pressure-as-he-chases-elusive-title/

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It is part of a thread, and Fromm allegedly says that guns are good (not a problem), that he should be allowed to get suppressors (silencers), and that they should make suppressors expensive enough so that only elite white people could get them. The response is basically "Wtf, you think you're elite? Look at your profile picture."

Thank you.

This looks like much ado about nothing.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Can someone please interpret the millennialese for me?

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Thank you, I honestly do not understand what was being texted.

You Are Not Alone GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

It could be fake or real do 100 reasons. But I don't think spelling somebody's name wrong in your contacts is a sign. I have all sorts of misspellings in my contacts. Ashley vs. Ashleigh. Jeff's, my friend Pat is actually accidentally in as Pam. As far as his picture. He is a kid fresh out of college, not a dude who is yet to be ingrained in the NFL. Looks relatively standard to me. 

Hopefully this is fake though. 

Not from first hand experience, but pretty sure the move is to put a Pam in as a Pat...you're doing it wrong :)

• Haha (+1) 3