Candace Owens: George Floyd is not a Martyr

I Love me some Candace Owens she tells it like it is and she ain't scared to say what she thinks I wish she would run for office she'd get my vote !

At one point yrs back i heard she was a Democrat but disagree'd with who ever & changed for what ever her reason was (maybe saw some truths) but i can only imagine what she said i will have to find the video because i will probably more than likely agree with her .

Just by reading the title of this post i have to say even though the cop was in no way right in doing what he did and got what if not more than what he deserved every one has made Floyd out to be this great guy that did nothing wrong and to that point have made him this martyr but have conveniently left out (as Paul Harvey would say) the rest of the story because it won't fit .

That said I wish Floyd was still here and that his family never had to go through with what they have because losing a family member sucks especially for his mom my heart goes out to her and their family but George has definitely made their lives a lot easier !

The $27 million from Minneapolis and the some $14+ million raised from the go fund me page will make their lives much easier from here on out .

1 minute ago, T master said:

I Love me some Candace Owens she tells it like it is and she ain't scared to say what she thinks I wish she would run for office she'd get my vote !

At one point yrs back i heard she was a Democrat but disagree'd with who ever & changed for what ever her reason was (maybe saw some truths) but i can only imagine what she said i will have to find the video because i will probably more than likely agree with her .

Just by reading the title of this post i have to say even though the cop was in no way right in doing what he did and got what if not more than what he deserved every one has made Floyd out to be this great guy that did nothing wrong and to that point have made him this martyr but have conveniently left out (as Paul Harvey would say) the rest of the story because it won't fit .

That said I wish Floyd was still here and that his family never had to go through with what they have because losing a family member sucks especially for his mom my heart goes out to her and their family but George has definitely made their lives a lot easier !

The $27 million from Minneapolis and the some $14+ million raised from the go fund me page will make their lives much easier from here on out .

No, he "did nothing wrong" that deserved for him to be murdered in the street.  You're simply following a twisted narrative.  If some people are going to love them some George Floyd, that's their right.  It just so happens that 50% of Americans are wrong 100% of the time.  

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

No, he "did nothing wrong" that deserved for him to be murdered in the street.  You're simply following a twisted narrative.  If some people are going to love them some George Floyd, that's their right.  It just so happens that 50% of Americans are wrong 100% of the time.  

I do not believe in any way when that cop pulled up on the scene or put the cuffs on him that he thought "i'm gonna kill this guy"  .

I wish for all concerned Floyd was still here especially for his family but here's a couple of questions that i have asked my self .

If George stayed home that day would he be alive today ?

If George would have chosen to not do drugs that day which caused him to act the way he did would there be no reason for the cops to be called and would he still be alive today ?

If George wasn't high & didn't try to pass a counterfeit bill which was the reason for the cops to be called could all of that been avoided & would he be alive today ?

To say George did nothing wrong that day is not true - to say he had nothing to do to cause the situation he was in is also not true ! 

Fact he was breaking the law in more ways than 1 .

But to say he DID NOT deserve to die for that is the absolute truth !   

6 minutes ago, T master said:

I do not believe in any way when that cop pulled up on the scene or put the cuffs on him that he thought "i'm gonna kill this guy"  .

I wish for all concerned Floyd was still here especially for his family but here's a couple of questions that i have asked my self .

If George stayed home that day would he be alive today ?

If George would have chosen to not do drugs that day which caused him to act the way he did would there be no reason for the cops to be called and would he still be alive today ?

If George wasn't high & didn't try to pass a counterfeit bill which was the reason for the cops to be called could all of that been avoided & would he be alive today ?

To say George did nothing wrong that day is not true - to say he had nothing to do to cause the situation he was in is also not true ! 

Fact he was breaking the law in more ways than 1 .

But to say he DID NOT deserve to die for that is the absolute truth !   

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

FACT!

At some point Chauvin has to ask himself, can this guy breathe?  His likely answer was, "I don't care".  I can't get in the guys head, but I'm guessing that emotion got in the way of good judgement.  At best, he was negligent

Edited by daz28

47 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He was extremely negligent and certainly deserves punishment.

However I would like to point out (again) how this was falsely labeled a "racist" incident, the trial proved it was not.

and how rioters and the left used poor Mr. Floyd's death to loot and burn all summer only to be excused by a willing press.

THAT is why his death became so controversial. I don't know any person who watched that video and didn't say that the officer was culpable for his actions.

It was just a matter of how much.

Edited by B-Man
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

He was extremely negligent and certainly deserves punishment.

However I would like to point out (again) how this was falsely labeled a "racist" incident, the trial proved it was not.

and how rioters and the left used poor Mr. Floyd's death to lot and burn all summer only to be excused by a willing press.

THAT is why his death became so controversial. I don't know any person who watched that video and didn't say that the officer was culpable for his actions.

It was just a matter of how much.

There has to be a reason for the disproportionate statistics.  That's what the sane, intelligent people want to get to the bottom of.  What the insane, unintelligent people do/believe is of no interest to me, nor should it be to anyone who really wants the truth.

12 hours ago, daz28 said:

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

Irrelevant

FACT!

At some point Chauvin has to ask himself, can this guy breathe?  His likely answer was, "I don't care".  I can't get in the guys head, but I'm guessing that emotion got in the way of good judgement.  At best, he was negligent

You will never get a argument out of me that he (the cop) wasn't negligent but to say that Floyds actions prior were irrelevant is like saying Adolf Hitler had nothing to do with starting a world war everything in the out come of a situation is relevant !

If i walk up to you while your with your kids & treat you with the respect you deserve & say hello & reply to you yes sir & No sir I would hope i get that respect back but if i come up to you and say HEY A** HOLE GET THE F**K OUT OF MY WAY OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS YOU POS THEN MAKE A THREATENING MOVE TOWARD YOU and your kids - will you give me any respect ?

No or will you probably punch me in the mouth & i would think deservedly so. So there will be more than likely totally different reaction from my action is that not true . 

Fact - It takes a action to cause a reaction and different actions cause different reactions 

So by what your reply said to all i listed prior that you think was irrelevant you are saying that the exact same thing would have happened if Floyd was just standing there minding his own business on the sidewalk not high, not trying to pass a counter fit bill & didn't have cocaine in his possession just leaning against the building ?

And that those cops would have just pulled up saw him & for no reason got out of their cars & the out come would have been exactly the same ?

Here's another - After Floyd was killed there was civil unrest all over the country in most every major city but if that wouldn't have happened then everything that happened in those cities last year would have happened any way, exactly the same ? I think not but that's just me .

Sorry but it wouldn't have been the same and Floyd would still be alive .

18 hours ago, daz28 said:

There has to be a reason for the disproportionate statistics.  That's what the sane, intelligent people want to get to the bottom of.  What the insane, unintelligent people do/believe is of no interest to me, nor should it be to anyone who really wants the truth.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/only-8-black-students-admitted-000358377.html

What is the reason for these disproportionate stats? Why is it that blacks do not test well but Asians are dominant? Not admitting the answer is not the same thing as not knowing what it is. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/only-8-black-students-admitted-000358377.html

What is the reason for these disproportionate stats? Why is it that blacks do not test well but Asians are dominant? Not admitting the answer is not the same thing as not knowing what it is. 

Asians as a group hold and adopt the cultural values and norms that facilitate and support successful behaviors and attitudes in our core culture.  And African-American's that are successful also adopt those cultural norms and values.  So do people of any race, gender, or any other slice of the population you want to take.

African-Americans that are not successful either refuse to or cannot adopt those cultural traits that define success.  This is true of any race, gender, or any other slice of the population you want to take.  Interestingly, recent immigrants from Africa are more successful as a group than their domestic counterparts.  One reason is they already possess or are more willing to adopt the traits required to succeed.  A much higher success rate that race does not explain.  For me when people talk about "systemic racism" I think what they are really taking about "cultural norms".  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Asians as a group hold and adopt the cultural values and norms that facilitate and support successful behaviors and attitudes in our core culture.  And African-American's that are successful also adopt those cultural norms and values.  So do people of any race, gender, or any other slice of the population you want to take.

African-Americans that are not successful either refuse to or cannot adopt those cultural traits that define success.  This is true of any race, gender, or any other slice of the population you want to take.  Interestingly, recent immigrants from Africa are more successful as a group than their domestic counterparts.  One reason is they already possess or are more willing to adopt the traits required to succeed.  A much higher success rate that race does not explain.  For me when people talk about "systemic racism" I think what they are really taking about "cultural norms".  

Biggest part of cultural norms that is overlooked is being raised by a mother and father. In general the best students I have are in a two parent home and the lowest are raised by just their mother. That is why so few blacks do well that are from NYC, so few father's raising them. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Biggest part of cultural norms that is overlooked is being raised by a mother and father. In general the best students I have are in a two parent home and the lowest are raised by just their mother. That is why so few blacks do well that are from NYC, so few father's raising them. 

Through my working years I've attended and participated in numerous cultural and diversity workshops.  At some point during all of them every participant is asked to provide a little background and story about themselves.  What I found insightful is how similar everyone's story is regardless of their race, background, where they grew up, and other things specific to their experiences.  One thing everyone cites is a strong family environment where parents instilled a work ethic and discipline in them that carried into their adult lives. 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:21 PM, daz28 said:

I will ask you a direct question- if liberals are not racist but conservative people are racist why do the minorities that live in conservative areas do so much better than the ones who live in large cities (NYC, LA, CHI, BAL) which are run by liberals? 

15 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Through my working years I've attended and participated in numerous cultural and diversity workshops.  At some point during all of them every participant is asked to provide a little background and story about themselves.  What I found insightful is how similar everyone's story is regardless of their race, background, where they grew up, and other things specific to their experiences.  One thing everyone cites is a strong family environment where parents instilled a work ethic and discipline in them that carried into their adult lives. 

Underline the word parents (plural) and you’ll hit the nail on the head. It’s not complicated. We can choose to ignore it forever but you’ll never fix the problem unless you face it head on. Trying to scapegoat everything else is an incredible waste of time and money. Enough! 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Now ask the same question of those who have lived in a cycle of not working.  Living off social programs for a few generations.  Regardless of race I bet you get very different answers.   I’m pretty sure this is your point but it would be a very eye opening experiment. 

On 5/4/2021 at 9:21 PM, daz28 said:

There has to be a reason for the disproportionate statistics. 

While This is correct.

intelligent people who want to solve problems attempt to study, prove and disprove theories and use fact to identify true root cause of statistical variation.

unintelligent people look at similar disparities and jump to, or allow power seekers to ingrain in them, vague generalized and unfounded conclusions which even the less intelligent uphold as fact. 

34 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Now ask the same question of those who have lived in a cycle of not working.  Living off social programs for a few generations.  Regardless of race I bet you get very different answers.   I’m pretty sure this is your point but it would be a very eye opening experiment. 

I have a lot of experience "helping out" family and friends when they needed some support.  Too much experience.  If you've been in the position to lend a hand and done something similar I expect my story will resonate with you.  I'll wager the proponents of these social handout programs have no such experience.  This experience has formed the basis for my objections to most of these life-long public assistance programs. 

I've welcomed several friends and family into our home when they needed some help.  I've accommodated them by providing them with use of some empty bedrooms and other living space, even their own private bathroom.  And full use of the house and common living spaces.  And I've never asked or expected anything in return.  My only request was that they use the time and the opportunity of not having to pay rent or a lot of other living expenses to get their life in order and come out of this back on their feet with some cash in their pockets.  That's kind of how I view public assistance should work too.

But over time it was the same story.  They get comfortable and complacent.  They turn my offer of assistance into a "stay-cation" for themselves.  I go to work and come home and they are more or less hanging around enjoying their freedom.  As time goes by my disposition changes as they are goofing off at my expense.   This happens every time.  At that point I find I need to confront them and ask what the plan is here?  I tell them my offer was to help them get on their feet not to provide a carefree lifestyle.  They generally get mad about this and when they do leave they are pissed at me.  

This is what all these social programs do to people.  They kill their will and desire to take care of themselves.  They become complacent and dare I say lazy along with developing an attitude of entitlement and expectations of more. 

In my view there is a big difference in "helping" and "doing it for them".  

I could go on.  My wife was a office manager of the temporary placement firm.  Many of the people coming in looking for work were people that gamed the social assistance system for a living.  That was their occupation.  Their only purpose in looking for work was to use the job as a means to qualify for more assistance when it become necessary.  Once the additional assistance was secured from the state or federal program they either quit or created some situation in order to get fired.  I'm not saying there aren't people that need this kind of help.  But there is a lot of abuse of the system out there.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1