Nobody wanted P Michael Turk and NCAA is allowing him to return to ASU

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wonder why?  That's incredibly odd.  It's not like the NFL is packed with great punters.

I mean there are only 32 spots available. Even the worst punter in the league is an insanely amazing punter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

I mean there are only 32 spots available. Even the worst punter in the league is an insanely amazing punter.

Huh?  There are still 31 punters better than him.

24 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Would you really call Bojorquez an insanely amazing punter?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

25 minutes ago, MWK said:

Would you really call Bojorquez an insanely amazing punter?

When he hits them right, he is actually very good.  The problem is he also shanks a bunch and puts the defense in a bad spot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bodork is insanely terrible.  

That's a bit of a hot take. He was the best of times, he was the blurst of times, basically. He had some breathtaking punts and was one of the best at landing his punts within the 20. He also shanked some to an embarrassing degree -- in some cases, this happened back-to-back (pretty sure the first two punts of the Ravens game played out that way). Seriously, I'd be texting a friend -- "see, that's why they keep Bojorquez" and within ten minutes he'd hit one off the side of his foot and we'd be defending within our own territory and I'd look foolish. We'll see, or maybe we won't. While we clearly know Vedvik was a disaster as a placekicker, but he had some upside as a punter at one point. At least Bojorquez is being pushed this off-season.

1 minute ago, thurst44 said:

That's a bit of a hot take. He was the best of times, he was the blurst of times, basically. He had some breathtaking punts and was one of the best at landing his punts within the 20. He also shanked some to an embarrassing degree -- in some cases, this happened back-to-back (pretty sure the first two punts of the Ravens game played out that way). Seriously, I'd be texting a friend -- "see, that's why they keep Bojorquez" and within ten minutes he'd hit one off the side of his foot and we'd be defending within our own territory and I'd look foolish. We'll see, or maybe we won't. While we clearly know Vedvik was a disaster as a placekicker, but he had some upside as a punter at one point. At least Bojorquez is being pushed this off-season.

His inconsistency is what makes him terrible.  He has at least one shank a game, and it always appears at the most inopportune time.  Dude costs us points and games.  Don't get between me and my Bodork hate.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

His inconsistency is what makes him terrible.  He has at least one shank a game, and it always appears at the most inopportune time.  Dude costs us points and games.  Don't get between me and my Bodork hate.

My point is he was a rookie and one with a lot of upside, and rookies sometimes get better. If he marshals that, he'll be great -- that's why he's still here. It was a nice luxury having a Brian Moorman we could depend on for over a decade. I suspect they're looking for that and not just an endless rotation of mediocrity. But also, by that logic, they should've kicked the tires on Turk (maybe he was asking for more than your average UDFA kicker).

He also has kicked boomers at the most opportune times. But, I'm sorry, I'll let you get back to that hate (and don't think i don't understand it, he was hella frustrating last year) -- let it flow through you ;). 

22 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

My point is he was a rookie and one with a lot of upside, and rookies sometimes get better. If he marshals that, he'll be great -- that's why he's still here. It was a nice luxury having a Brian Moorman we could depend on for over a decade. I suspect they're looking for that and not just an endless rotation of mediocrity. But also, by that logic, they should've kicked the tires on Turk (maybe he was asking for more than your average UDFA kicker).

He also has kicked boomers at the most opportune times. But, I'm sorry, I'll let you get back to that hate (and don't think i don't understand it, he was hella frustrating last year) -- let it flow through you ;). 

The fake FG and the fumbled snap in his gut started it all....

41 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Bojo was a 2nd year player last year.

37 minutes ago, cba fan said:

31..... ?????

in the world......lol

Ah, so the team with the 32nd best QB is just fine and doesn't need to look for a better one, eh?

:lol:

1 minute ago, Doc said:

D'oh, yes, sorry, it's been a long, depressing day and I forgot he was there in 2018. I still stand by his upside, but looking back, it's not a great progression. Hopefully, if he stays, he hits his ceiling, if not -- meh.

Just now, thurst44 said:

D'oh, yes, sorry, it's been a long, depressing day and I forgot he was there in 2018. I still stand by his upside, but looking back, it's not a great progression. Hopefully, if he stays, he hits his ceiling, if not -- meh.

There's no upside.  He's still the same guy he was as a rookie.  Some great punts, some horrible punts.  Can't have that.

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ah, so the team with the 32nd best QB is just fine and doesn't need to look for a better one, eh?

:lol:

They do, but it doesn't mean they'll sign some random, crappy college QB. They'll look for an upgrade.

This punter just probably isn't as good as he thought he was.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's no upside.  He's still the same guy he was as a rookie.  Some great punts, some horrible punts.  Can't have that.

If he has the talent to do great punts, and can cut out the horrible punts, that is upside -- it's the very definition of upside. Players improve -- that happens very often in this league. I'm not saying I think he will do it, nor that we should keep him. In fact, in an earlier post, I said very clearly, by the same logic, a flyer on Turk would not have been a terrible idea. 

But to suggest that players can't improve is just silly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.