"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us" - James Mattis

Those with cooler heads will use them.  Neither Mattis nor Trump are the type.

I don't disagree with Mattis but whenever these retired generals who were let go by Presidents speak out, you can't help but hear the ax grinding in the background.  

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Into the liberal cities where the violent lefties have taken over and run amok. Cops are being attacked, Caucasian Americans are being forced to kneel and beg for mercy. These things have happened already, it’s documented. It is now civil war, and time to protect the good, hard working citizenry from the uncivilized terrorists. 

LOL!!! 

@Q-baby! You are missing a good one here! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Agrees with me...nailed it:

A thread elaborating on my "Mattis was an early October surprise" take:

This guy would be more persuasive if he didn't use "Biteme" for Biden (took me a bit to figure out what he was talking about), and "Demokkkrats". He just comes off as a tool.

• Like (+1) 1

Mattis said this:     Mattis took particular issue with the use of force to move back protesters so Trump could visit St. John's Church the day after it was damaged by fire during protests. Several different groups, including the National Guard and the U.S. Park Police, were involved.

Can somebody tell me what the real story is.  I think I read on this forum that this was a bunch of crap?  I haven't been able to keep up and somebody just PMd me on FB with this Mattis article and telling me how divisive Trump is.  

23 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Is this the part where all the leftists suddenly love Mattis? :lol:

Why does it have to be left right. 

Can not someone just love their country.

Tell me truthfully that of all the presidents in history, Trump is the most 

likely to try to be a dictator...

Did not the right love Mad Dog...suddenly not...maybe, just maybe, he along with others are reluctantly giving a warning.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Why does it have to be left right. 

Can not someone just love their country.

Tell me truthfully that of all the presidents in history, Trump is the most 

likely to try to be a dictator...

Did not the right love Mad Dog...suddenly not...maybe, just maybe, he along with others are reluctantly giving a warning.

Mattis seemed like a swamp creature from the start. Trump’s biggest problem is that every time he takes the word or advice of an establishment Republican they let him down. As sad as it sounds, I think Trump bought into the hype of the nickname “Mad Dog” more than anything else. The left and right have undermined him at every turn, yet he has still managed to generate a roaring economy. Trump is tougher than all these soy boys like Mattis trying to bring him down.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yes, did you?

Yes

first paragraph

Irritated with the criticism and fallout from Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ resignation, President Donald Trump on Sunday pushed the Pentagon chief out the door two months earlier than planned, an acrimonious end to a tense relationship that had been eroding in recent months.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Yes

first paragraph

Irritated with the criticism and fallout from Defense Secretary Jim Mattis’ resignation, President Donald Trump on Sunday pushed the Pentagon chief out the door two months earlier than planned, an acrimonious end to a tense relationship that had been eroding in recent months.

1.) Mattis submitted a resignation effective two+ months out. He was still employed as the Secretary of Defense following the submission.

2.) Trump terminated his employment before the resignation was effective.

3.) Mattis was fired.

022.gif

Seriously, I understand you NPCs really have a selective grasp on reality, but stop being a dumbass for 5 minutes.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

1.) Mattis submitted a resignation effective two+ months out. He was still employed as the Secretary of Defense following the submission.

2.) Trump terminated his employment before the resignation was effective.

3.) Mattis was fired.

022.gif

Seriously, I understand you NPCs really have a selective grasp on reality, but stop being a dumbass for 5 minutes.

Not disputing this he resigned and the President then fired him because him quitting hurt his feelings.

Trump pictured here:

When children are hard work ...meltdowns, tantrums, screaming and ...

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Not disputing this he resigned and the President then fired him because him quitting hurt his feelings.

Trump pictured here:

When children are hard work ...meltdowns, tantrums, screaming and ...

So you’ve never heard of someone handing in their resignation and getting the boot?  Happens all the time. Keeps the well from being poisoned. 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you’ve never heard of someone handing in their resignation and getting the boot?  Happens all the time. Keeps the well from being poisoned. 

but to spin that as him being fired first?