Drew Brees

All of NFL Twitter going after Brees right now. Including a lot of his current teammates. Guy just went from one of the most respected, loved players to one of the most hated quick. 

Honestly I don't think he said anything that horrible, he was trying to make a point about not disrespecting the country, but wow is he stupid for saying that now. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 2

I don't know Brees background, but for many people, a small difference in how they view the Flag is leading to a lot of contention:

-I know some people to which the Flag of the USA represents the military. It represents that over all else.  I is primarily a symbol of fallen troops of the past and those that serve the nation now.  To them, any slight in any way against the flag is a slight against the military and its just not appropriate.

-I know other people that just don't understand why the flag means mostly the military and troops to others. To them, the Flag represents the country as a whole....the people, politics and politicians, customs, Police and the justice system/courts (good and bad), and yes, the military...but the military only being a small part of what it means just like all other aspects. When those people protest in any way involving the flag, the are not protesting against a small part of what it means..but they are protesting against what it means to them.

There are people taking extreme points of view on both sides of this...but a lot of the disagreement, and twitter fights..are simply because both sides hold the U.S. Flag as meaning something slightly different form the other side.

Maybe a starting point to make things better would be if people who view the flag as representing the Military and troops would try to see that the flag means something else to the other side.........and for those who are protesting the flag and anthem to understand that it means something else to others also.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I love how it’s the Bucs twitter showing his teammates unfollowed him..

Sensitive times right now. If you’re not speaking out against the issues it’s probably best to stay quiet or risk being the villain. People are worked up, deservedly so. Kneeling for the anthem and what’s going on right now are separate issues IMO. There are lots of ways to support injustice and want change that do not involve kneeling. That was the first step but things have evolved since the kneeling began. 
It is not a bad thing to continue to have pride in this country despite all the ugliness being shown all over. People can still support the BLM movement and not support kneeling for the anthem. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic