Dak Puts His $$ Where his Mouth Is !!

T master

As a rule i don't like anything that comes out of Dallas when it comes to football but Dak is changed my feelings for him with his actions .

I don't know what it will take to cool everything off given the George Floyd situation but Dak seems to have gone to a side where knowledge and understanding can go a long way to hopefully change things and is giving $1 million to help train officers better so that going forward there can hopefully be a positive change .

It's definitely started conversation training may be the next step ? . But i applaud Dak for taking a lead on this as a NFL player  !! 

https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-prescott-pledges-1m-to-improve-police-training-address-systematic-racism

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

When you combine this with the fact that he was a late round draft pick and therefore he makes considerably less than many of his counterparts .. it is excellent to see.

Starting QB for the Dallas Cowboys?  He's swimming in endorsement money.  That said, it's a good move and I don't mean to take anything away from that.

On 6/3/2020 at 5:26 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's a stand up move. With that being said, I don't think I would be a cop if someone paid me a million dollars in this day and age.

Yeah, they are definitely going to have alot of trouble recruiting for new officers, something they already had trouble doing.

On 6/3/2020 at 4:42 PM, Troll Toll said:

While it is quite a gesture / commitment, I can’t help but feel that the money will likely just be wasted by whoever’s hands it winds up in. 

So similar to most other charity organizations out there?

On 6/3/2020 at 4:36 PM, CorkScrewHill said:

When you combine this with the fact that he was a late round draft pick and therefore he makes considerably less than many of his counterparts .. it is excellent to see.

I don't think he is hurting for the money being the starter in Dallas. Isn't that about the same amount that some franchises were donating?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/3/2020 at 3:26 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

That's a stand up move. With that being said, I don't think I would be a cop if someone paid me a million dollars in this day and age.

I will be the cop obeying the mayor's stand down order, watching the city burn.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:42 PM, Troll Toll said:

While it is quite a gesture / commitment, I can’t help but feel that the money will likely just be wasted by whoever’s hands it winds up in. 

That's what I love about you, always the optimist

28 minutes ago, SDS said:

That might be helpful if lack of training is determined to the root cause. Something tells me that it isn’t. 

Lack of training may not be the root cause, but could still be a contributing factor. 

Hearkening back to the old saw "when your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"

IMO the root problem is lack of true accountability

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's what I love about you, always the optimist

Lack of training may not be the root cause, but could still be a contributing factor. 

Hearkening back to the old saw "when your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail"

IMO the root problem is lack of true accountability

I’ll say that if Dak quit football and went into law enforcement, that would go much further towards change than his million dollars. I’m curious whether any football player REALLY cares enough to go the Pat Tillman route.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, T master said:

As a rule i don't like anything that comes out of Dallas when it comes to football but Dak is changed my feelings for him with his actions .

I don't know what it will take to cool everything off given the George Floyd situation but Dak seems to have gone to a side where knowledge and understanding can go a long way to hopefully change things and is giving $1 million to help train officers better so that going forward there can hopefully be a positive change .

It's definitely started conversation training may be the next step ? . But i applaud Dak for taking a lead on this as a NFL player  !! 

https://www.nfl.com/news/dak-prescott-pledges-1m-to-improve-police-training-address-systematic-racism

Wow! Now that is a great move by Prescott.

Maybe Kaepernick can learn something from this.