What Festivals are You Really Missing this Year?

It sucks that pretty much all festivals are cancelled this year. Summer won't feel the same without certain festivals. I'm going to miss the Independence day celebrations this year, especially Penfield's celebrations, they put on a great firework show! 

What festivals will you miss? 

locally i'll miss/missed the fairport canal days and the mendon carnival.  I also will miss people watching at the webster firemans carnival. 

we also love to go to the canadian/american festival in the thousand islands, and that's out the window.

39 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Where I live, there's a pretty cool carnival put on by the local RC church. Has a lot of good food, and is kind of like an official kickoff to summer. It's canceled. I hate 2020.

Are you talking about the St. Rita's Fiesta?

CNE.  Last attended in 1979, when Bride #1 was alive, bought her a wok at a vendors that she just had to have.  Still in the original bag, unused, when she died in 2005.  I thought I would go the last few years, but the stagehands' strike, my health, and various other issues have prevented me.  We all know the 2020 story.  I guess I am just not meant to attend that event.  ?

• Sad 1

The Great Blue Heron Music Festival. It's a small, laid-back, weekend gathering on a farm near Sherman, NY. Tickets are reasonably priced, camping is free (or fairly inexpensive if you want to upgrade), and you can bring your own food and beverages - even into the venue.

I agree with Exiled that most music festivals are overpriced, but the Heron is very cool.

1 hour ago, Halloween Land said:

Are you talking about the St. Rita's Fiesta?

i went to st. rita's!  when i was a kid that carnival was the best.  i went a few years ago and it was a complete reduction of what it once was.

also, the jazz festival.  that ***** is a blast.

Edited by teef

I'm holding out hope that the NYS Fair won't be cancelled, but all signs point to it probably will. One person I saw posted on the FB that they have insider info it will be cancelled, but nothing I've seen yet has made it official. 

Washington County (NY) Fair, in late August, still has not been canceled.

Would have liked to have gone to Knot Fest again.

I don't do parades, so I don't care about those.