Peter King's Rankings

https://sports.yahoo.com/peter-king-nfl-power-rankings-191438685.html

8. Las Vegas Raiders (7-9)

This is going to be a fun floor show in the new Allegiant Stadium, in the first year ever for an NFL franchise in Nevada. A shame, really, that crowds may not be able to flock to see this team due to the pandemic. What fun it could be, with the speedy Henry Ruggs III paired with returning Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow—and with twin third-round picks Lynn Bowden and Bryan Edwards fighting for receiver snaps too. Tight end Darren Waller is an emerging star and could get a few snaps stolen by in-the-twilight Jason Witten with a strange stop, at 38, on his late-career tour.

13. Buffalo (10-7, lost AFC wild-card game 22-19 at Houston)

“We gotta score more points,” GM Brandon Beane said this offseason. One more TD in January would have helped. The Bills led Houston 16-0 with 20 minutes to play five months ago, but the NFL’s 23rd-ranked scoring offense managed zero touchdowns in the last 68 minutes of that game. That dictated a desperate move by GM Brandon Beane. He dealt first, fifth and sixth-round picks this year and a fourth next year for Stefon Diggs (three-year average: 76 catches, 1,000 yards, eight TDs) and a seven, which is a heavy price, particularly in a year with such strong receiving stock in the draft. Diggs will be judged on whether he can lift an offense in a slumber. But if any of the receivers available with the 22nd pick that Buffalo deal to the Vikes—Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman—turn into stars, Diggs had better be one in Buffalo. He’s a good fit for the strong-armed Josh Allen; Diggs had a league-best eight catches of 40-plus yards last year. Another good Beane add was Utah running back Zack Moss, the 86th pick in April, to team with Devin Singletary for what could be the best run game in the division.

I think Buffalo’s the best team in the division with one proviso: Allen must be better. Last year, of the 27 quarterbacks who started at least 12 games in the NFL, Allen was 27th in passing yards per game, with 193.1. That’s 40 yards worse than Gardner Minshew. So that’s a pretty big proviso. But I’m counting on the weaponry around Allen and what’s going to be a top five D to be the difference. There’s a reason the NFL made the Bills a prime-time team this year, with four night games—three coming in the last five weeks. The league thinks the Bills will be in the pennant race all season, as do I.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I think it comes down to a lot of the media and fans outside of Buffalo not being that high on Allen or the Bills offense.

They still beat 3 of those top 10 teams on the road last year. Add in that they added Diggs and won 10 games its hard to imagine them going backwards. 10 wins and you’re a top 10 team.

• Like (+1) 1

old news...  ;)  ;)  

the only one I cared for 

21. New England (12-5, lost AFC wild-card game to Tennessee 20-13)

Well, Bill Belichick and the Patriots are set up to answer the age-old question: Can Belichick win without Tom Brady? In regular-season games in his coaching career, Belichick’s teams are 219-64 with Brady starts, and 54-63 when he doesn’t.

Without Brady, Belichick’s won at a .462 clip. With Brady, it’s .774.

Before we get the BB don't lose crowd 

Sub .500 includes Cleveland I'm sure

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

Bills fans the next time they see Peter King

Better yet, how about the Bills win the games they're supposed to, as well as a few games they're not supposed to (SF, Seattle) and a playoff game.  That way the Peter Kings of the world will rank them in the top 5.

• Like (+1) 2

Kings comment on receivers in the draft is interesting.  " But if any of the receivers available with the 22nd pick that Buffalo deal to the Vikes—Justin Jefferson, Brandon Aiyuk, Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman—turn into stars, Diggs had better be one in Buffalo."  It is certainly possible, even likely that one or two in that group becomes a star.  The problem is not all of them will be.  What if you pick Jefferson, and it's Aiyuk who becomes a star?  The reason Beane paid a good chunk of draft capital for Diggs is he thought the odds were a lot more certain that Diggs would be a big time receiver for Josh Allen, not to mention he would likely fill that role a lot sooner than a rookie.  It is a difference in judgment.  King thinks that his is the only legitimate opinion.  That is not to his credit.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm ok with it.  Have an opinion and justify it with some rationale.  He mentions his misses on his rankings from last year which is respectable.  

I think his take on the Diggs trade is way off.  Tell us which one of the rookies that were available for the Bills to draft will be as good as or better than Stefon over the next 1, 2 or 4 years.  The additional picks were mostly house money anyways and were not of much consequence.

We have seen a trend where Beane likes to acquire extra draft capital and then use it to target the guys he believes in.  His hit rate has been way better than most and the Bills are in the mix because of it.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s ridiculous. I’m not sure I’d have the Raiders at 28 lol. 13 is too low on the Bills too. They’re the 3rd best team in the AFC. 

Agreed. 

I have the Raiders below .500. They have some talent on offense but Gruden hates Carr and the defense still has lots of holes for me.

• Like (+1) 1

Its close though i think id have the Bills between 8-10 so not too far off what I thought. Id certainly NOT have the Raiders over them.. and id not have The Raiders,Cowboys over them thats for sure the Titans and Steelers...thats subjective i guess...We played Steelers and barely beat them without ben so I can get them being in the mix same with beating the Titans but with a different QB who got replaced because he sucked. that said BOTH were big road W's...so 8-10 is where the Bills belong IMO.

So we have two 7-9, and two 8-8 teams ahead of us.  Ok.  I like Peter King, but this is a reach.  It’s basically an indictment on Allen.  I wouldn’t put the Bucs that high, but they will be much better given I live here now and follow that team as well.  I would have put the Bills around there at 8 or maybe a slot better, and the Bucs at 11-13.  At the end of the day, who cares?  The wins will decide our rankings.  

There is a freight train coming at the AFCW, NFCW, AFCE, and the Titans and Steelers.  That train is a business decision.  The name is Moss, Zack Moss.  Oh, and Diggs are going to make CB’s like Gilmore and others look like fools.  Can’t wait.

BILLIEVE!