Bills will not hold Training Camp at St John Fisher this year; will stay at team facility

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Whenever they include word "may" it means it is a guess and if they are incorrect and even acknowledge it writer will point to word "may".

I am excepting a story 'Farve may come out of retirement and play for New England."

You may be right but it's highly likely they'll keep all offseason activity in one location (team headquarters) as much as possible.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll miss camp at Fisher; I live right up the road in Fairport. Even though I only go a few times, it never fails to get me hyped! I see the banners, crowds and buses. I know the boys are in town, and it just adds to the excitement of the coming season.

• Like (+1) 10

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was wondering if this happens would the Bills bring in some portable dorm rooms for a time?

Probably just put them in a hotel all together and bus them there.  That being said, what do other teams that have training camp at their own facilities do?  

11 minutes ago, Gregthekeg said:

Probably just put them in a hotel all together and bus them there.  That being said, what do other teams that have training camp at their own facilities do?  

I don't really know.  I imagine the vets go home and rookies go to hotels for a lot of teams.

Maybe the Bills will put the rookies up at the Red Carpet Inn next to the stadium.

I will take anything at this point that allows the team to get ready and for their to be NFL football this year.  I usually only go to camp once per year anyway.  It is cool to have them around here in Rochester, but if teams training at their own facilities helps football to get back this year, I'm all for it.

Hi everyone I work at SJFC so I can fill in some things that I’m allowed to say.

First Thad Brown who is a broadcaster here in Rochester says the Bills plan on Fisher despite the report and the plan is still Roc.

You are correct we have had to furlough staff so the campus is wide open. But August 1st we are expecting everyone is at least back to work full time. The expectation as communicated to us is Bills camp is the NFL/Bills decision we won’t say nay. Cuomo opening back up camps and hopefully are campus phase 4 at the end of June is a good sign regardless of camp or not.

Personally as much as I want the Bills on campus because it’s a blast as a fan and worker there, our priority is just that we get our students back. If that in anyway is slowed by the Bills there then I don’t see them there.

On a more fun note the campus really is pretty open and I have seen plenty of players, I literally ran into Mitch Morse on a jog around campus. It’s really cool and it’ll kill me to lose it for the year because long term I think it isn’t staying but I want our students back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 9

It may just be me, and I know that likelihood is real, but I always felt as though training camp at SJF had a slightly collegial atmosphere whilst a training camp at OBD may be a more business 1st atmosphere. This team, in the majority, is very good socially together and doesn’t require much of a bonding experience. What they do require is experience on working their butts off to get to the end goal of a Super Bowl win.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gregthekeg said:

The Bengals make their players mow the one practice field they have, under all the highway mergers downtown. 

Joe Burrow is the new team bus driver; gotta cut costs somewhere.....

• Haha (+1) 6