Which players do we trade away during training camp?

21 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think I made it pretty clear- pick one on each side of ball. If you can't follow my rules I don't want you to play.?

When a grown man named Timmy talks trash, the world trembles.

19 hours ago, njbuff said:

He got Jim Kelly killed his first year as a starter, but he turned ok. ?

Yeah, but..

He was a rookie in ‘87. He blocked a crucial fg vs NYJ in an OT thriller in ‘88 that eventually became our 1st Division Title. He finally got to start in ‘89 and that’s when he whiffed on a block @ Indy, knocking Jimbo out for 3 weeks. The ‘Bickering Bills’ were born that day, though Reich was a perfect 3-0 in relief.

These were pre-free agency days with 11 rounds of Draft. You could stow away prospects for a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, NoSaint said:

barkley was available mid season and hasn’t really added to his resume. Webb’s story isn’t much better. I have a hard time seeing either considered.

I hear that, but also know Beane has gotten #65 overall for Taylor & a 5th round pick for McCarron.

All he really needs is for Barkley/Webb to show well during camp and/or preseason and some other team’s QB1 or QB2 to get injured. 

23 hours ago, dorquemada said:

If anyone can pull any of that off it would be Beane, but Foster & McKenzie in particular are legends in Buffalo only.  There's a hundred guys like them bagging groceries

Not saying they’re any sort of slam dunk trades, but to your point re: Beane, he got picks for Teller, Newhouse, & Bodine. Even that 5th for Zay Jones is looking pretty nice. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

On 6/2/2020 at 2:42 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yup. Cody going to have to pick it up this year if he wants to stay, esp if he got to tackle full time  I though Zay Jones was a good pick obviously they did great by getting anything for him in trade.  Strange how he was considered to have great hands in college and in the pros he didn't.

https://www.ozy.com/the-new-and-the-next/when-football-players-go-pro-their-balls-get-bigger/90091/

this is something i kinda of forgot over the years. I wonder if this is a problem?

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

I was saying this during the season, before free agency and before the draft.  

He’s not a mythical beast, but I was really hoping that we’d sign Rick Wagner.  He signed 2 years 11 mill.  

I would’ve offered him 2 years up to 15 mill.  I would’ve liked to take a stab at Josh Jones, prince tego wanagho,  Bartch, Cleveland, niang or Peart in the draft.

daryl williams is still young.  He played fire last year,  but I thought he was terrible there. Maybe Beane brought him in to compete with nsekhe and ford for RT?  I think that’s up to Williams.  If he can return to form, maybe he’s our guy. 

Free agents include1 kelvin beachum, Demar Dotson and former bills Cordy Glenn and jason Peters.  I don’t think there any way we sign those guys unless someone gets hurt

SO bottom line......no one.

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He's a former 1st round pick in his 4th season and contract year and he managed to finally muster up stats that are basically on par with Oliver's rookie season. He didn't even make the same amount of improvement that Shaq did. Plus, I believe he already has an off-field incident on his record.

I certainly hope he is able to turn it around and flourish in a new setting and back under McD, but I'm not expecting too much.

Only issue was in game ejection. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/23/vernon-butler-apologizes-for-ejection-flipping-the-bird/

On 6/2/2020 at 12:42 PM, dorquemada said:

I really don't get the Ford hate.  You guys would have gotten rid of House Ballard after his rookie year too I expect

On 6/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, NewEra said:

I don’t think it’s hate, at least not from me.  I just don’t think he’s an adequate RT for a potential super bowl team.  Especially our team, with Josh Allen at QB.   All based on his play year one.  He will improve in year 2, but how much will he improve?  That’s the question.  If it takes him 2-3 more years to become a good RT, I’d rather trade him now.  I truly believe this team will have it’s best

chance to win the next 2 years.  If our RT isn’t adequate those 2 years, I think it’ll be a big mistake.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:58 PM, Kwai San said:

OK.... I'll play along......WHO is going to step in to replace him?????  Who is this mythical beast who will take over this spot that no one but perhaps you know about???

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

I was saying this during the season, before free agency and before the draft.  

He’s not a mythical beast, but I was really hoping that we’d sign Rick Wagner.  He signed 2 years 11 mill.  

I would’ve offered him 2 years up to 15 mill.  I would’ve liked to take a stab at Josh Jones, prince tego wanagho,  Bartch, Cleveland, niang or Peart in the draft.

daryl williams is still young.  He played fire last year,  but I thought he was terrible there. Maybe Beane brought him in to compete with nsekhe and ford for RT?  I think that’s up to Williams.  If he can return to form, maybe he’s our guy. 

Free agents include1 kelvin beachum, Demar Dotson and former bills Cordy Glenn and jason Peters.  I don’t think there any way we sign those guys unless someone gets hurt

2 hours ago, Kwai San said:

SO bottom line......no one.

What are you looking for?  Did you actually read my first post?  Someone was talking about Ford hate.  I told him I didn’t think it’s hate and then continued to tell him why.  

then you chime in and “play along”.  Play along with what exactly?  Implying that I said there was someone we could bring in that was better.  I did nothing of the sort. 

What game did I want to play when I said that I’m worried about Ford?  If you’re not worried about ford, you didn’t watch him enough. 

It looks like the Daryl Williams/Ty Nsekhe combo is the bottom line to your question in 2020.  If they can’t take the spot away from him, it’ll be his.  Let’s hope he improves 

A factor i hadn't thought about... there will be far less revenue this season if they decide to play without fans.  The cap's probably going down in 2021, so to me that seems likely that teams try and create space this season to drag into next season since estimates are saying it could be as much as 30 million lower. 

Murphy+long (cheap replacements), and even norman/hauschka (if they don't beat out wallace/bass) seem like possible cuts to try and target that 30 million-ish amount to drag into 2021.  

Barkley (fromm/webb) and roberts (mckenzie and mccloud) are cheap enough that i think they could get moved for late round picks.  I'd also consider harrison phillips in a tough spot as well from a playing time perspective.  He's under contract through 2021, but if he's going to be inactive on gamedays it might make sense to either move him for a player at more of a need position (maybe LB on a rookie deal), or a pick.