Which players do we trade away during training camp?

Every year of his Reign Beane has traded away a few players for late round draft picks, and I am curious who we predict they will be ( I figure one on offense and one on defense):

Trent Murphy- basically because Dline is where we are deepest, he could get us a decent pick in return, and all the other D linemen cost to much to move in dead cap.

Spencer- basically I think he will be the 4th guard but we will only keep 3 guards, and he can moved without much hit of Dead Cap

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

One of Barkley/Webb could get a late pick.

Could definitely see one of those WRs who ends up on the wrong side of the bubble. McKenzie, Williams, or Foster come to mind.

Our D-line, as you mentioned, is pretty deep. 

If anyone can pull any of that off it would be Beane, but Foster & McKenzie in particular are legends in Buffalo only.  There's a hundred guys like them bagging groceries

• Like (+1) 2

Our Kicker Hauschka, guy is great but boy it is tough to justify the $8 million for the next two season. There is a reason why we drafted that kicker.

I would like to get something for one of our TEs (not Knox) as we have way too many right now.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Cody Ford

He did look like a rookie out there, esp at tackle but they wanted him badly, traded up to get him.  I think he can play Guard and maybe will be able to over time develop into a quality T.  I think they keep him.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He did look like a rookie out there, esp at tackle but they wanted him badly, traded up to get him.  I think he can play Guard and maybe will be able to over time develop into a quality T.  I think they keep him.

They wanted Zay Mayday Jones and traded up for him. But I guess he lasted 3 TC’s not two. Perhaps the axe waits a year for Ford

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Every year of his Reign Beane has traded away a few players for late round draft picks, and I am curious who we predict they will be ( I figure one on offense and one on defense):

Trent Murphy- basically because Dline is where we are deepest, he could get us a decent pick in return, and all the other D linemen cost to much to move in dead cap.

Spencer- basically I think he will be the 4th guard but we will only keep 3 guards, and he can moved without much hit of Dead Cap

I think Murphy stays and he splits with A.J. who they will want to bring around a little slowly.

As to trades it seems Beane is an opportunist with some of these pre-cut trades.

A lot will depend on other team injuries and how the Bills started/depth works out before cutdown.

Just now, FireChans said:

They wanted Zay Mayday Jones and traded up for him. But I guess he lasted 3 TC’s not two. Perhaps the axe waits a year for Ford

Yup. Cody going to have to pick it up this year if he wants to stay, esp if he got to tackle full time  I though Zay Jones was a good pick obviously they did great by getting anything for him in trade.  Strange how he was considered to have great hands in college and in the pros he didn't.

TJ Yeldon maybe depending on Williams's or Wade's development.  You might be able to get a late round pick for him.  Make sure you have O'Brien on speed dial in case Tytus Howard cuts him in line at the buffet.

• Haha (+1) 1

I would think Foster and McKenzie, two of likely a have dozen or so guys that could draw a late round pick. I would think a TE, a D line guy, kicker, maybe a QB, etc. 

Go Bills!!! 

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

TJ Yeldon maybe depending on Williams's or Wade's development.  You might be able to get a late round pick for him.  Make sure you have O'Brien on speed dial in case Tytus Howard cuts him in line at the buffet.

I had not thought of Yeldon- but if Wade has developed it is very likely. 

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think Murphy sticks or is cut - his money is too high this late in the game for a lot of teams to take him on.  I think he stays tbh.

Gaines could be an option.  Foster and McKenzie as well.  Depends on the rookies. 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I would think Foster and McKenzie, two of likely a have dozen or so guys that could draw a late round pick. I would think a TE, a D line guy, kicker, maybe a QB, etc. 

Go Bills!!! 

I think I made it pretty clear- pick one on each side of ball. If you can't follow my rules I don't want you to play.?

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I really don't get the Ford hate.  You guys would have gotten rid of House Ballard after his rookie year too I expect

So Ford kinda sucked last year. And it’s a prediction thread. Do you get it now?