The Dolphins QB situation

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Fitz will have his good games and his bad games like always. I expect he’ll have one particular bad game and  Tua will get his shot by week six.  

Honestly, I’d prefer to play against Tua. Fitz always seems to bring his A game against us. 

Except when it mattered most (week 17 2015)

Fitz will be fine with Chan running the offense. There's no telling how Tua will end up. I also think it would be interesting to see if Rosen can do something with a few tools to work with and Chan's tutelege.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Fitz will be fine with Chan running the offense. There's no telling how Tua will end up. I also think it would be interesting to see if Rosen can do something with a few tools to work with and Chan's tutelege.

Tua is by far the best QB of the 3 and should start week 1 Unless he’s not medically cleared. No reason to sit him. He’s not a project. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Tua is by far the best QB of the 3 and should start week 1 Unless he’s not medically cleared. No reason to sit him. He’s not a project. 

I'd sit him, based on the injury alone.  Not that he needs to, but I think it would help greatly to learn behind a grizzled vet like Fitz.   The Mahomes/Alex Smith scenario.

If Tua's going to be the franchise, then the Phins should be in no rush.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If Tua is healthy and they plan on starting them Fritz will be traded (team #9?) with Wrong Josh being backup.

Then Tua will be injured and Phish will tank again.

No reason to trade Fitz, he’s a good vet backup for a rookie.

I hate to say it but I absolutely love their qb situation.  They should showcase Rosen in the preseason and redshirt Tua until they trade him.  Ride the Fitz train until they are done and they play Tua a couple games.  Honestly, they have a perfect situation to develop a young QB.  They’ve done a great job rebuilding that team.  Shout out to Mike Grier’s brother.  TheIr hundreds of fans will be very happy. 

19 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'd sit him, based on the injury alone.  Not that he needs to, but I think it would help greatly to learn behind a grizzled vet like Fitz.   The Mahomes/Alex Smith scenario.

If Tua's going to be the franchise, then the Phins should be in no rush.

Why sit him... burrow is starting, Tua should as well if he’s healthy. Playing Fitz is a waste of time. Keep him as a backup but Tua should beat him out I would think. As far as the Mahomes/smith comparison I just don’t see it. Smith was an entrenched starter who had been leading the chiefs to the playoffs but had a limited ceiling which was why they drafted mahomes, and mahomes was at the time considered a project. Fitz isn’t smith and Tua isn’t a project mile  mahomes was at that time. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:
Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why sit him... burrow is starting, Tua should as well if he’s healthy. Playing Fitz is a waste of time. Keep him as a backup but Tua should beat him out I would think. As far as the Mahomes/smith comparison I just don’t see it. Smith was an entrenched starter who had been leading the chiefs to the playoffs but had a limited ceiling which was why they drafted mahomes, and mahomes was at the time considered a project. Fitz isn’t smith and Tua isn’t a project mile  mahomes was at that time. 

Miami hired Chan as OC, which works well with Fitz.  Miami could be a decent team this year with Fitz and Gailey....I'll reiterate could be.  

Is Chan the right guy to work with a rookie, even though Tua is not considered a project?  I don't think Miami needs to rush Tua on to the field starting game 1; they have the luxury of time and can bring Tua along slowly like Favre/Rodgers.

6 minutes ago, Happy said:

Miami hired Chan as OC, which works well with Fitz.  Miami could be a decent team this year with Fitz and Gailey....I'll reiterate could be.  

Is Chan the right guy to work with a rookie, even though Tua is not considered a project?  I don't think Miami needs to rush Tua on to the field starting game 1; they have the luxury of time and can bring Tua along slowly like Favre/Rodgers.

It’s just my philosophy that if you are a team like Miami, they aren’t a SB contender, the future is now, just throw him in there and stop wasting time with stop gap old guys. If Fitz was Favre or even a decent starter that’s different, he’s not. He’s a streaky journeyman who is at best a backup in the twilight of his career. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No reason to trade Fitz, he’s a good vet backup for a rookie.

Yeah!  Let Rosen add to his jersey collection!  (I want to eventually hear the 'nine mistakes' speech again, but in reference to his previous pro teams.  ?)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013