The Dolphins QB situation

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Breaking every Big 10 record? I’m not sure your point? If it’s that I don’t appreciate Brees you’re talking to the wrong guy. Tua’s strengths are the same as Brees.

....and that scares me. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Breaking every Big 10 record? I’m not sure your point? If it’s that I don’t appreciate Brees you’re talking to the wrong guy. Tua’s strengths are the same as Brees.

Obviously you didn’t know that Drew Brees was essentially one of the first QBs to come into the NFL from a spread offense. The offense he ran at Purdue was nothing like the one Tua ran at Alabama.  

17 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Obviously you didn’t know that Drew Brees was essentially one of the first QBs to come into the NFL from a spread offense. The offense he ran at Purdue was nothing like the one Tua ran at Alabama.  

Ha ha, you’re talking to the wrong guy “obviously.” I know who Brees is and what Brees did. I know who Tua is and what he did. Their strengths are the same. They are incredibly accurate and are great with the ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I DESPISE Alabama. If anything I’m harder on them than I should be. I do agree that he had elite skill players. He may have 4 1st round WRs and a 1st round RB. He has OL too that went early. He’s surrounded by elite players. He is elite too. Tua has MAJOR health issues though. I’m not comparing him to Brees I’m saying that they have the EXACT same strengths coming out. They are accurate and good with the ball.

I actually am a fairly big Roll Tide fan.  If you can root for Alabama and Auburn to a degree that is me.  ( I put my ex girlfriend's daughter thru Auburn, so I had to show some loyalty to them.  Great place to watch a game.  Went to the Auburn-Georgia game in 2013 when Auburn won on the Hail Mary in the last 30 seconds.  But always have liked the Tide to some degree)  And I do like Tua, and can respect his ability.  I just don't like all the hype that is given to any player before he steps on an NFL field.  I think that needs to be earned.    

17 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Show what?--That he is the 3rd string QB?  It's not just the Bills fans and "local media"----the entire NFL, every team, didn't give him the credit you think he deserves....and they all watched him a lot more closely than you or any of us.

I don't think it took the Alabama/ESPN/CBS "hype machine" to show us all that Tua and Fromm are from different QB planets.

Burrow and LSU sat on Fromm's face last year...

Keep yapping Weo.  Fromm has way more ability then Barkley.  Don't even go there.  The lack of respect Jake Fromm has gotten from many is ridiculous.  The boy can play.  Did you watch the Sugar Bowl against Baylor?  Not too shabby there.  He could be our starter at some point in the future.  (Of course, I hope that Josh Allen lights it up for many years)  Just saying.  There was a QB drafted out of Michigan about 20 years ago in the sixth round.  Pretty much was an afterthought around the league.  He wasn't an afterthought for long was he?!!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, FireChans said:

Yeah they love Alabama and LSU because they are good. They used to love Alabama and Georgia when they were good. Where was the LSU love 3 years ago? Bama is loved because they have been good for a decade. They haven’t lost more than 2 games since 2010! 

I like Jake Fromm. I think that playing against NFL talent in the SEC is probably the best preparation for the league. But don’t be foolish. He’s not anywhere close to Tua’s level and to even argue that is because of “Bama bias” is absurd.

Don't sleep on Fromm.  Georgia has been a much better program then you are giving them credit for.  And yes Bama has dominated for a long time.  The only team that has been on their level for any length of time has been Clemson with Ohio State a small notch below.  (And being a Michigan man, that kills me to say that.  Although I love Chris Spielman.  He is what football in my opinion is all about)

5 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I actually am a fairly big Roll Tide fan.  If you can root for Alabama and Auburn to a degree that is me.  ( I put my ex girlfriend's daughter thru Auburn, so I had to show some loyalty to them.  Great place to watch a game.  Went to the Auburn-Georgia game in 2013 when Auburn won on the Hail Mary in the last 30 seconds.  But always have liked the Tide to some degree)  And I do like Tua, and can respect his ability.  I just don't like all the hype that is given to any player before he steps on an NFL field.  I think that needs to be earned.    

Keep yapping Weo.  Fromm has way more ability then Barkley.  Don't even go there.  The lack of respect Jake Fromm has gotten from many is ridiculous.  The boy can play.  Did you watch the Sugar Bowl against Baylor?  Not too shabby there.  He could be our starter at some point in the future.  (Of course, I hope that Josh Allen lights it up for many years)  Just saying.  There was a QB drafted out of Michigan about 20 years ago in the sixth round.  Pretty much was an afterthought around the league.  He wasn't an afterthought for long was he?!!

OK, maybe Fromm beats out Barkley as the #2.  It really won't take much because Barkley has been a zero in the NFL.  

You don't have to tell me whether Fromm "can play" or not (it doesn't matter because we are all hoping he never has to for the Bills), go yell at all the NFL FO's about  how they just passed on yet another "the next Tom Brady".

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Don't sleep on Fromm.  Georgia has been a much better program then you are giving them credit for.  And yes Bama has dominated for a long time.  The only team that has been on their level for any length of time has been Clemson with Ohio State a small notch below.  (And being a Michigan man, that kills me to say that.  Although I love Chris Spielman.  He is what football in my opinion is all about)

Georgia may lead CFB in playoff losses. 

Georgia is a good program. They aren’t as good as Alabama. Part of that is their QB hasn’t been as good the last 2 years.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

OK, maybe Fromm beats out Barkley as the #2.  It really won't take much because Barkley has been a zero in the NFL.  

You don't have to tell me whether Fromm "can play" or not (it doesn't matter because we are all hoping he never has to for the Bills), go yell at all the NFL FO's about  how they just passed on yet another "the next Tom Brady".

Every late round QB is the next Tom Brady.  Every QB who struggles for his first few years is the next Drew Brees.  Unless they’re not on your team.  Then every QB who gets off to a hot start is RGIII.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Good thing that "breaking" is a large part of Tua's weaknesses. Availability is a key factor.

It’s worth noting that Brees played his senior season with a torn muscle in his back.  A young (at the time) engineer I used to work with told me about it.  His g/f whom he later married was one of Brees’ trainers at Purdue.  Apparently it was a huge issue for him that season and it prevented him from throwing naturally.

IMO injury risk is by far the biggest reason to worry about Tua’s success in the NFL.  I agree with you on that.  But it’s actually a bit of a parallel with Brees rather than a big difference. 

21 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Agreed.  Lets hope Josh Allen is as good as we all hope and think he will be starting this season.  I am excited!! 

21 hours ago, Billl said:

Every late round QB is the next Tom Brady.  Every QB who struggles for his first few years is the next Drew Brees.  Unless they’re not on your team.  Then every QB who gets off to a hot start is RGIII.

RGlll.  Haven't heard that name in a long while.  Talk about a guy who started real hot, and then had a meteoric fall.  Success can be fleeting.  That's why the great ones are the ones who do it for a long time.  Year after year.   

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

How. Is. That. Possible.

QB I sorta get because these dudes had fallen in love with Tua years ago. I don’t agree with it but with some big IF’s, I get it.

RB makes no sense. I like Breida. But Ballage was brutal.

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

QB I sorta get because these dudes had fallen in love with Tua years ago. I don’t agree with it but with some big IF’s, I get it.

RB makes no sense. I like Breida. But Ballage was brutal.

I can’t abide giving a QB with zero NFL starts and a potentially bum hip the nod over two up and coming youngsters.

And I think putting anyone above LeVeon Bell is crazy, but if anyone goes there it probably ought to be the guy that averaged 5.1 YPC as a rookie.

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I can’t abide giving a QB with zero NFL starts and a potentially bum hip the nod over two up and coming youngsters.

And I think putting anyone above LeVeon Bell is crazy, but if anyone goes there it probably ought to be the guy that averaged 5.1 YPC as a rookie.

He had Jets in last in RB rankings fwiw

Edited by YoloinOhio

Fitz will have his good games and his bad games like always. I expect he’ll have one particular bad game and  Tua will get his shot by week six.  

Honestly, I’d prefer to play against Tua. Fitz always seems to bring his A game against us. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 2