The Dolphins QB situation

What are the chances Ryan Fitzpatrick regresses? 80-90 percent?

Tua is good prospect, but its a bit of a stretch that he is going to come in and play well as a rookie, coming off a broken hip, and in a limited offseason. 

Edited by JetsFan20
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t think he’ll regress much. They have a better team around him than last year and Gailey will know how to play to Ryan’s strengths, but I think Tua will get some starts eventually this season - as soon as their playoff hopes are officially sunk

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

What are the chances Ryan Fitzpatrick regresses? 80-90 percent?

Tua is good prospect, but its a bit of a stretch that he is going to come in and play well as a rookie, coming off a broken hip, and in a limited offseason. 

They know that this is a developmental year. Sure the Phins will try to win every game, but realistically they’re just aiming to be competitive and to get a couple more wins than last year.  The QB situation is what it usually is in such situations.  There’s a bridge QB and a guy they hope will be the future.  Tua will get his chance at some point. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think he wins the job, plays like Superman for 4-7 weeks, then turns into SuperNoodleArm after he throws 250 passes

You are skipping phases man... he only goes into supernoodlearm mode after signing his huge starting QB contract extension after playing like the GOAT for 7 weeks!

Love ya Fitzy!!! You deserve that gold jacket one day for GOAT backup, greatest wit and sexiest beard:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Fitz’s history as the starter in his 2nd season with the same team is very poor. I was just listening to someone go through it on radio, can’t remember where. I don’t see why it would be any different this time around

Fitz is Fitz. One season he looks great, the next the same ball is put in harms way and ends badly. I remember breaking out in laughter at a Bills bar when he tossed up some 50/50 balls as a Bill, and it actually went our way. REALLY? 

If I’m Tua, I’m worried about his voodoo doll getting stuck with a needle, body part yet to be determined. Fitzy has his dark ways reputation.....

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

You are skipping phases man... he only goes into supernoodlearm mode after signing his huge starting QB contract extension after playing like the GOAT for 7 weeks!

Love ya Fitzy!!! You deserve that gold jacket one day for GOAT backup, greatest wit and sexiest beard:wub:

You also skipped a phase. Tua will start and then get hurt and then your post will happen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Fitz won't change, he will have his good games and lose it for you in other games with multiple pics.  He's what that team needs right now, no sense in rushing Tua along, especially after an injury and being a rookie.  Miami will end up 7-9 or 8-8.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I say Fitz starts the first 4 games (ish). Tua is a great prospect with big injury concerns. If healthy his accuracy and play fakes are elite. I’m not saying that he will have Brees career but he plays a lot like him.

I really think it’s in Tuas best interest to sit out this season (or its majority). By all accounts he suffered a very serious injury. It’s tough enough to play QB in the NFL as a rookie-spending the entire offseason rehabbing a major injury on top of that adds another major challenge. Add that to the fact that there were no mini camps/rookie OTAs. I’d imagine he will also be somewhat limited at the start of training camp. 

3 minutes ago, Happy said:

Fitz won't change, he will have his good games and lose it for you in other games with multiple pics.  He's what that team needs right now, no sense in rushing Tua along, especially after an injury and being a rookie.  Miami will end up 7-9 or 8-8.

Fitz has a tendency to revert back into a pumpkin when folks start talking him up. 

5 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

Fitz has a tendency to revert back into a pumpkin when folks start talking him up. 

And especially when he gets a Fitz-style big contract.

6 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

I really think it’s in Tuas best interest to sit out this season (or its majority). By all accounts he suffered a very serious injury. It’s tough enough to play QB in the NFL as a rookie-spending the entire offseason rehabbing a major injury on top of that adds another major challenge. Add that to the fact that there were no mini camps/rookie OTAs. I’d imagine he will also be somewhat limited at the start of training camp. 

That won’t happen though. Teams just don’t do that (and yes I know Mahomes). By all accounts Tua is ready now physically. The shortened offseason will slow him but the Dolphins aren’t going to go the whole year without knowing what they have. You can’t do that with rookie contract anymore. Mahomes was a little different situation in that they had Smith throwing for over 4,000 yards and a 4:1 TD to INT.  Fitz is a perfect plug but they aren’t ready to win. Tua will start double digit games if he remains healthy.

• Like (+1) 3

Why is the conversation about Fitz from year to year? He is a different QB from game to game, and it has nothing to do with the quality of the defense, he can shred good defenses and get nothing against bad ones. He is gonna get you 5-7 wins each year but nothing more.

• Like (+1) 2

Fitz is great at picking up new offenses. His first year always seems to go well. The next year when he's running the same plays and there's tape on him is when he's had struggles in the past. In a division that had two great defenses and a 3rd that was a top 15 (strong in some areas, weak in others), I see him regressing. If Tua isn't starting by the first game, it won't be long after that.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Fitz is great at picking up new offenses. His first year always seems to go well. The next year when he's running the same plays and there's tape on him is when he's had struggles in the past. In a division that had two great defenses and a 3rd that was a top 15 (strong in some areas, weak in others), I see him regressing. If Tua isn't starting by the first game, it won't be long after that.

So dig out the Chan/Fitz film from Buffalo 2011-12. And then from Jersey 2015-16. And repeat. 

• Like (+1) 1