Zack Moss - Business Decisions

On 6/4/2020 at 1:15 PM, MJS said:

That's how it is with 3rd round draft picks. The agents have more leeway with their contracts and can negotiate more. Has nothing to do with the players.

there is only about 15k of money to negotiate for Moss deal due to slotting as Pats signed their guy right after Moss spot. He is getting more than that guy but less than guy drafted before him.

so he signed. and guess what? his deal is exactly half way between the guy drafted after him and before him.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

there is only about 15k of money to negotiate for Moss deal due to slotting as Pats signed their guy right after Moss spot. He is getting more than that guy but less than guy drafted before him.

so he signed. and guess what? his deal is exactly half way between the guy drafted after him and before him.

It's not the dollar amount it's the structure of the contract.l, or so I've heard.

I don’t see Christian making it to the active roster, but maybe they place him on the practice squad again.  He may know enough about the NFL after one more year learning.  If he doesn’t make the active squad by 2021, they’ll release him.  He’s not that young anymore at least by next year, but worth an insurance policy with the pandemic.  They probably will increase that practice squad numbers.  They are cheaper than increasing the active roster, and teams need bodies due to unexpected outbreaks.

when NFLR was breaking down the different divisions RB crew, they were interesting inferring coaches have a tendency to repeat previous numbers for squads.  Well, they think McD will keep DiMarco again, and the other three listed maintains the same 4 person Rb group from last year, just an upgrade from Gore to Moss.  Gore is a great guy and been warrior, but he’s worn out.

God I can’t wait for that first hit from Moss on some D Back, or even LB.  my expectations he is going to hammer some people this year.